Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

CircuitCity.com &/or BestBuy.com Shipping?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-02, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering --

I'm planning on placing an order from either CircuitCity.com or BestBuy.com for a preorder CD [due 11.26]. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with how fast/slow their shipping is.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-14-02, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Rogue588 I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with how fast/slow their shipping is.
Usually 5-10 days, just depends <small>on how popular the CD is whether it's in stock</small>. I order from both all the time since they aren't any near me & haven't had a problem yet.
Old 11-14-02, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is dealing with movies at BestBuy, but it might help a little.
My James Bond Preorder shipped the Thursday before the release date and I recieved it on the following Monday ( a day before release date)
I preordered Matchbox Twenty Storytellers and I got a backorder notice and then it shipped Monday- recieved Thursday.
It seems that once I get the shippping notice ( I count that day) I get the item on the 4th day. But like the guy said above, it depends on the title, and possibly when you preordered,I waited like 2 weeks for my Last House on the Left, Needful THings, Return of the Living dead. I'm expecting my LOTR Extended to be in the mailbox today Wow, this is a long response, lol. Hope that helped a little.
Old 11-14-02, 02:48 PM
Cool New Member

My Band of Brothers shipped the thursday before release day and I didn't get it till the friday after. I used the coupon for preordering it for 2 cd's. They shipped last thursday and I haven't gotten them yet, I expect them this friday. From what I've seen it comes out of Illinois, so it probably depends on your distance from there.
Old 11-15-02, 12:45 PM

Originally posted by MikeA
My Band of Brothers shipped the thursday before release day and I didn't get it till the friday after. I used the coupon for preordering it for 2 cd's. They shipped last thursday and I haven't gotten them yet, I expect them this friday. From what I've seen it comes out of Illinois, so it probably depends on your distance from there.
I've usually had good luck with BB.com shipping, but today was a very bad experience. I pre-ordered the B of B set, and it shipped on 11/1. HOWEVER, I did not receive it until today (11/15), and the $#%$@# box was empty!! It only contained a packing slip and some bubble wrap!! I thought the box felt light when I picked it up. So I called them, and the CSR was apologetic, but could only send my complaint to the shipping dept. for "investigation"!! I should hear back in 2-3 business days. I've already waited 2 weeks to receive the darn thing, and now this.... Grrrr....
Old 11-15-02, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Thanks for the replies guys.
Old 11-19-02, 07:44 PM

I pre-ordered Star Wars Episode II 2weeks ago from bestbuy.com and still haven't seen it. They said they shipped it USPS standard mail.

I ordered some blank CDR's from circuitcity.com a few months ago and received it in 3-4 via UPS ground.

There is no question as to where I will order from next time.