Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Does Target Pricematch

Old 10-21-02, 12:31 AM

Does Target Pricematch

I was wondering whether or not target pricematched. if they do pricematch do i need the add or will they just know the price and do it?
Old 10-21-02, 12:58 AM

I asked the same thing at Target. The guy at the dvd section told me they only price match k-mart or walmart stores ........wtf?
Old 10-21-02, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by funkymonk
I was wondering whether or not target pricematched. if they do pricematch do i need the add or will they just know the price and do it?
They do, but not for much longer. My mother works for Target and when she asked one of her "Team Leaders" (supervisor) for help with a price match, they told her that Target will no longer be pricematching as off either November or December. I can't remember which one exactly.
Old 10-21-02, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by What Are DVDs
I asked the same thing at Target. The guy at the dvd section told me they only price match k-mart or walmart stores ........wtf?
It makes perfect sense. Why would Target price match a store that is not like their establishment. Target only pricematches stores that are similar to them such as Wal Mart and K-Mart, which are their competition. Target isn't in competition with Best Buy or Circuit City.
Old 10-21-02, 02:08 AM

this is still good because the store i was planning to PM was with Kmart, but i still have 1 question which is do you have to have the add?
Old 10-21-02, 02:08 AM

Will here in Los Angeles, Target doesn't pricematch any other store. Even in there ad there is no mention that they pricematch. So i guess it depends where you live.

I found out they didn't pricematch when I tried to pricematch The Scorpion King to K-mart and one of the managers told me they did not pricematch.
Old 10-21-02, 01:20 PM
Suspended

I don't know what their current policy is but they did a pricematch for me a number of months back on the Harry Potter DVD. The pricematch was with CompUSA (not K-mart or Wal-mart) for $9.99. I showed the CompUSA ad to the cashier and she rang it up for that price. No problems, no hassles.