Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Excellent Service From Amazon! (Long Winded!)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-02, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to take a minute and share praise with a company that really does seem to value it's customers!

I placed an order with Amazon.com in late September for a new cell phone (Sony Ericsson T68i) and signed up with T-Mobile for a one year contract. Originally, the phone was scheduled to be delivered around the 28th of October because availability - but I received the phone on the 8th and it was ready to go!

Well today, I received my first bill from T-Mobile and noticed that the activation charge was $10 more than what was quoted when I order the phone from Amazon. I tried calling T-Mobile and they informed me that as of Oct. 1st, the activiation charge was increased to $35.00 and that I was being billed at the higher rate because the phone didn't get activate until the 5th.

I explained to the CSR that the order was made prior to the date of their increase, but she would not credit me at the lower rate.

Just for the heck of it, I decided to call Amazon - not really expecting them to do anything since they do not administer the rate plans. I spoke with Kelly and relayed my story to her. As soon as I finished, she apologized for my inconvenience and promptly credited my card back the $10.00 that I was overcharged by T-Mobile!

So at this point, I'm extermely impressed and make a mental note that I will be dealing with Amazon as often as possible. So I'm sitting there waiting for her to put the credit through and browsing the DVDTalk forums and come across the Amazon charged me tax thread. As she finishes up my credit, I mention to her that I did not think Amazon charged tax on orders shipped to Florida? She informed me that they did not and asked if I had been charged tax on my order. I informed her I had - and just like that, she credited my card back the ~$15 in taxes that were charged!

I have dealt with Amazon a few times and had a couple issues on occasion, which were quickly resolved. However, I have to say, that Amazon has completely exceeded my expectation in regards to this order. I understand that mistakes happen, especially with the large volume of business that they do. However, to be so cordial and prompt with making things right - that is deal clincher for me. I will be ordering from them much more frequently!