Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVDPlanet.com any good?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVDPlanet.com any good?

Old 10-11-02, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVDPlanet.com any good?

I have been looking around DVDPlanet.com and am wondering if it is any good? In terms of order processing, shipping, customer service, ect...

Thanks!
Old 10-11-02, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
They have very fast service-them along w/DVD Empire get 95 percent of my business online.
Old 10-11-02, 10:56 PM

I agree with dvd-4-life, since Amazon started shipping so late, almost all my business is with Empire/Planet/DDD now. I've never had a problem with them.
Old 10-12-02, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Another thumbs-up for DVD Planet! (Just wish they'd have some coupons!)
Old 10-12-02, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 69 Likes on 46 Posts
I have done a lot of business with DVDPlanet, which is owned by Image Entertainment. I have always had really good luck with them. They have an amazingly efficient order system and almost everything I've ordered seems to ship the same day. Their prices are pretty good too, but I was also hoping they would have their "Pumpkin Patch" game this year where they gave out a lot of coupons. The only problem I have with them is that there is no "Ship All at once" option, so if you order 4 discs (especially pre-orders) you might get dinged 2.50 per shipment 4 times, which wipes out the savings. I always pre-order from Amazon or DDD, but I get already-released discs from DVDPlanet or DVDEmpire.
Old 10-13-02, 01:16 PM

Thanks for the input! Yeah, I have heard some not so good things about DDD...because they have some pretty competitive prices too.

Last edited by crazybutterfly; 10-13-02 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-14-02, 04:27 AM

Especially the Criterion Collections are cheaper than anywhere else. I've never had a problem with DVDPlanet either.
Old 10-14-02, 03:26 PM

Two thumbs up for Dvdplanet. They have efficient inventory system, excellent CS, competitive prices and faster shipping time.
Old 10-16-02, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Been ordering discs from them back when they were Ken Crane's and sold laserdiscs, and I never had a problem. Quick shipping, great prices and excellent customer service (nice to have a responsive 800 number to call for an online dealer). Highly recommended.
Old 10-17-02, 01:20 AM

Biggest problem with DVD Planet as Quatermass has suggested is their shipping charges.

If you order 4 titles that street on same date, they could all be shipped separately. When you place the order the checkout shows up as $4.00 as DVD Planet is assuming they will be shipped together. However, if they actually ship separately the cost would be $10, quite pricey for 4 discs!!!

Until DVD Planet gets their shipping charges corrected, I will just buy elsewhere!