Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

My Sopranos set: BACKORDERED!!!!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-02, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 230 Likes on 179 Posts

I went to deepdiscountdvd and ordered all three seasons of The Sopranos for $178.00, pretty good considering they're all new.

Anyway, I go to check my status because it has been long since the order date and it was on back order. How is this possible with such a large order? Are these DVDs in demand right now or something?
Old 09-24-02, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 426 Likes on 301 Posts
Damn my heart goes out, my wife and I spent a solid two weeks watching season three before the start of this season and i can't get enough of this show. I haven't been to a B&M to see if they are largely sold out or not but my guess is that they are generally available.

Good luck!
Old 09-24-02, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 230 Likes on 179 Posts
Problem is, B&Ms don't have the great price offered by Deepdiscount, at least on this deal.
Old 09-24-02, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
That ROTS! These sets are at every B&M that I've seen, so I have no idea what the problem is with getting them from DDD. Good luck!
Old 09-25-02, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love the prices at DDD but they are incredibly slow in sending you your order.
if you are not in a hurry to get somthing and can wait then they are great but if you want somthing fast from them good luck
Old 09-26-02, 10:14 AM

Originally posted by DebraGray
I love the prices at DDD but they are incredibly slow in sending you your order.
if you are not in a hurry to get somthing and can wait then they are great but if you want somthing fast from them good luck
Not sure of everyone else's experience, but I have been using DDDVD since the day they appeared, and the wait has always been at least as short as any other etailer.

This Sopranos problem is probably stock-related, the demand great. Did you ever give them a call? Customer Service is pretty good.
Old 09-26-02, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Lately everything I order at DDD seems to be "back-ordered", even if it appears to be available when placing the order. Right now both Frailty and Swing Kids switched to "back-ordered".
Old 09-26-02, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think it's an issue with DDD. I pre-ordered April Fool's Day which (I believe) came out the first Tuesday in September and it just shipped a couple of days ago. It's readily available in stores so I'm not sure what the deal is.

If it saves me a few bucks and I'm not in a hurry to get it then I usually just wait. Some things are worth the extra money to have them right away though.
Old 09-27-02, 05:43 PM

I had my own problems with Deep Discount over SOPRANOS 3!

I pre-ordered this title months in advance at their current $72.90 price. About a month before the release, Amazon had it for $64.99 plus I had a separate $5 credit which brought the price down to $59.99. I saved nearly $13 by switching vendors.

I see that now their current price is $64.84, over $8 lower! I know that they would offer an adjustment credit, but their policy is that it is the customer's responsibility to call DDD to get this credit. Why can't DDD reward those customers who order months in advance by automatically giving the current price adjustment?

Although I am generally pleased with DDD, they do not offer the customer an incentive for pre-ordering a title months in advance.