Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Netflix

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-02, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Netflix

Anyone here use Netflix? I use them and I think it's great. I've only gotten 1 DVD that wouldn't play, but they promptly sent me another.

Anyone else?
Old 09-04-02, 03:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been using NetFlix for about a year and I've never had a problem with them. I'm completely satisfied.
Old 09-04-02, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Been using them for about 5 months. I'm happy, I get to see a lot of movies that I would normally not see.

I've had a few problems, nothing major:

Rented Pulp Fiction but never got it, I reported it as lost in the mail, they sent me a replacement.

Rented Rear Window and North By Northwest, mailed them back together, both got lost. I reported them lost and they sent me the next movies from my queue without a hassle.

They sent me the wrong movie once, I returned it and told them that they sent me the wrong movie. And again they sent me the next movie without a problem. The only bad thing was that they didn't mail out the original movie that I wanted. I had to add it to my queue again.

All these were minor hassles and overall IMO their service is good.
Old 09-08-02, 10:06 PM

I joined in May and have been pleased overall with the service, but I have had two discs ship from Netflix and never arrive at my house. I had to declare them lost, then Netflix sent me another copy of each with no hassle.
Old 09-08-02, 11:10 PM

I wonder if movies get stolen frequently en route because the envelopes are so obvious. I've been a member off and on and mostly like it. Never had a disc get lost, but I miss the days when you could click that you'd put the movie in the mail and they'd send you the next one before getting your return.

tasha
Old 09-08-02, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've been a member for over a year now with not one problem so far.
Old 09-10-02, 03:46 PM

How far are you from their warehouses?

Was a member for four months and they were so slow. They have a good selection, but my average price wass over four dollars a movie. And they lost a movie during the month. Maybe they're faster now, they've been sending me inticing offers to rejoin, but they're going to have to drop their prices for me.
Old 09-10-02, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: How far are you from their warehouses?

Originally posted by Michael Dorsey
Was a member for four months and they were so slow. They have a good selection, but my average price wass over four dollars a movie. And they lost a movie during the month. Maybe they're faster now, they've been sending me inticing offers to rejoin, but they're going to have to drop their prices for me.
Where do you live? Maybe they recently opened a wherehouse by you. I live on Long Island and I get mine from Queens which takes 1 maybe 2 days.
Old 09-10-02, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the movies get stolen. I have had an inordinate amount of movies "lost" in the mail. Also has anyone noticed people selling netflix movies on half.com? No case and in the netflix envelope? What is up with that?
Old 09-11-02, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts
Postal employees.
Old 09-12-02, 09:53 AM
Cool New Member

In three years with Netflix I lost one DVD on the way back and recently one shipment of three DVDs for DVDOvernight also on the way back. I presume that they weren't scanned or imputed into the computer on return by the companies.
Postal employees are in are hard place. They won't find a better paying job and they get killed every now and then. They won't jeopardize their jobs by stealing Netflix DVD's. The only way they can keep working is to make sure specialized services to the home like Netflix succeed.
Old 09-16-02, 10:48 PM

Doens't Blockbuster have something like this now too?