Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon return and coupon question

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-02, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

I used a recent $10 off $50 Toys R Us/Amazon coupon (combined with others to essentially be $25 off $50) for three board games I thought my wife wanted. Turns out, one of them she lad already picked up. I want to return it, but it will push my order total under $50.

Will anything happen to my precious string of coupons, or will they issue the refund for the game and be the end of it? It was only an $8 game, so if I lose $10+ in coupons in the process, I'll give it to my mom or something...
Old 05-06-02, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm not sure what their policy is, but i'd just call them and ask. at least then you would know (rather than just returning it and finding out the hard way). their CS is usually pretty good and i'd guess that they'll let you keep the coupon value.
Old 05-06-02, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From amazon.com
If you used a gift certificate to pay for all or part of an item you want to return, that part of your refund will be credited to your account, available to use the next time you place an order at Amazon.com.

Should you return an order that was placed using a promotional certificate, you will not be refunded for the amount of the certificate, as these discounts were deducted from the original purchase amount. Any unexpired promotional funds used on the order would, however, be returned to your account for use toward future purchases.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...823897-3963266
Old 05-07-02, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Thanks. That's what I was looking for.