Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

question about CC rebate experiece

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 03-03-02, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright, so thanxgiving day i picked up the videocamera, the laptop bag and a million other items at impossible to beat prices. with one catch .. the rebates

i sent em in and waited for the money before opening any items. i also held on to all the receipts. well finally a couple weeks ago when i didnt get the rebates (after the standard 10-12 week period) I go in and tell circuit city i wanna return everything. all in perfect unused sealed condition with receipts.

they give me a run around, finally i get in touch with the rebate company who is willing to certify that it never sent me the rebates. now the best that circuit city is willing to do is give me a gift card for the amount .. should i fight for credit back to my Credit Card? or should i settle for the gift card

they say there return policy is 30 days blah blah blah .. but i mean i didnt get my rebates, i havent used this stuff .. i think i am entitled to a full refund. what do u think?
Old 03-03-02, 11:00 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What was the reason that the rebate company never sent you the rebate checks? It never receive your rebate requests? It rejected your requests based on incomplete materials that you mailed in?

CC has a rebate center with a 800 number (it should be in your rebate form), that you can call in to check the status of your rebates.

I bought an item from CC with rebate during the thanksgiving sales. I mailed in the requests in December and received the rebate check a couple of weeks ago. I called the 800 number in early February and they verified they received my request and were processing it.

I would suggest you to straighten the problems with the rebate center first. They should be able to help or ask you to send in missing UPC or such. CC seems to have better rebate support than others.

If that doesn't help, your best bet is to accept the gift certificate that CC was offering to you (I asume the GC is in the same amount as your total rebates).

Returning for refund would be difficult since your purchase was more than 3 months ago.

I don't think your credit company is going to care about missing rebates. All they care is that you received the service or merchandise for the amount you agreed to pay.
Old 03-04-02, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've seen people sell gift cards on ebay.. you could get the gift card and then sell it on ebay.
Old 03-04-02, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,189 Likes on 815 Posts
I'm not too familiar with credit card policies, but you could contest the charges with your credit card company.

What was the reason that the rebate company gave for you not getting your check? This may be crucial information.

Do not deal with the rebate company or Circuit City at the store level. Contact CC's corporate office. They advertised the rebate and are ultimately responsible for living up to their promise. It is real easy to get the runaround (since you are really dealing with a couple of different companies), but stick with CC's corporate office. You may also want to contact the equivalent of the Consumer Affairs division of your local State's Attorney/Attorney General to find out what legal options you have.