Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

stores that will exchange dvds for store credit still?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-02, 01:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey everyone

i have to buy a couple of dvds for my columbia house enrollment, (my two years is up in 10 days, ) but i am really out of the phase of collecting dvds so i was wondering if there are stores that accept dvds for store credit?

I think i did it twice for best buy already and I remember the clerk saying that i can't return anything wihtout a receipt anymore? is this true??

thanks
Old 03-04-02, 02:00 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: stores that will exchange dvds for store credit still?

Originally posted by kitkit201
hey everyone

i have to buy a couple of dvds for my columbia house enrollment, (my two years is up in 10 days, ) but i am really out of the phase of collecting dvds so i was wondering if there are stores that accept dvds for store credit?

I think i did it twice for best buy already and I remember the clerk saying that i can't return anything wihtout a receipt anymore? is this true??
I heard that you can return without receipt to Best Buy 3 times (not sure if it is per year or lifetime ).

You could also return to Wal-Mart without receipt but limit is 3 times per 6 months or so.

Not that I advocate this practice but please keep it to an absolute minimum so that stores will not be forced to change their return policy.

You can always sell them at ebay
Old 03-04-02, 02:02 PM

I had good luck after XMAS at Borders. If you indicate it was a gift, you might have some luck.
Old 03-04-02, 09:22 PM

Re: Re: stores that will exchange dvds for store credit still?

Originally posted by eau

I heard that you can return without receipt to Best Buy 3 times (not sure if it is per year or lifetime ).
I too was told this the last time I returned something at Best Buy. They said it was my third time and I can't do it anymore. I wonder if there's a national database of "most wanted" customers or if they only keep track at the individual store. Would be nice if they told me this policy the first time I returned something there w/out a receipt, but I guess I should be happy that they took any of it back. I'm guessing they might not be as picky during the holiday season, though, if you can wait that long.

Funny thing is, I went to return something w/ a receipt recently and it was about a week after the 30-day limit and they wouldn't take it back. But when I returned a bunch of stuff last year one day w/ no receipt, they didn't care. Depends on the time of year and even more so on the customer service rep you get.

Anyway, there's a music/video store near me called Strawberries and they're pretty lenient about returns. They take stuff back most of the time w/out a receipt as long as it's unopened. Not sure if this is a national chain, but they're owned by TWEC, which also owns FYE and some other stores. They probably don't all have the same policy though, and it could just be my store.