Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deep Discount DVD Problems and Resolutions (formerly: "What a nightmare!")

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Deep Discount DVD Problems and Resolutions (formerly: "What a nightmare!")

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-02, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I placed an order with them 2/10/02. I received an email confirmation with an order number, but the dvd titles I ordered weren't listed. I emailed them to see if the order actually went thru and they replied I should re-submit. They obviously had a problem for a while. I redid the order 2/16 without a problem.

They are one of the better sites with great customer service. They just need to do something about their secure site: It's slow as can be.
Old 02-23-02, 09:15 PM
M16
Cool New Member

I placed two orders with them in the last week, and after 24 hours I recived the e-mail notification, and every thing was great, and then, the order remains open for like 3 days, and then I recived another e-mail, and I said great, things going right and they most have shipped them, but when I read the e-mail, I found that they were a notification that the orders has been CANCELD.

Why did they left me wondering about the shipping day and then send me an e-mail and tell me that it was cancelld, and ask me to reorder them??!!! About wich great costumer service were you talking guys??
Old 02-24-02, 06:17 AM
Cool New Member

I have been having the same problems. My order has been showing as 'open' for over a week, with no replies to my emails. If I don't get a reply within the next few days I will just give up and go back to DVDPlanet.
Old 02-25-02, 09:07 PM
Cool New Member

When I try to place an order with DDD all I get are error messages that sure look like HTML code. Looks to me like a problem with their shopping cart.
It just started about 2 weeks ago. I have contacted them by phone and mail about a week ago but their shopping cart is still not working for me. Probably have to find another vendor to buy from.
Old 02-26-02, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by OldDog
When I try to place an order with DDD all I get are error messages that sure look like HTML code. Looks to me like a problem with their shopping cart.
I assumed they advised you to try IE if you were using Navigator, and vice versa?

This solves so many problems that I don't feel bad recommending it as the first step in identify browser issues every time they come up.
Old 02-26-02, 08:24 AM

I live half-way on the other side of the globe, and my first order was a rather large one, because I wanted to take advantage of the capped shipping rate. CS was great and helpful (didn't really mind calling a couple of times while rates were lower). It took one month to get the instock DVDs.

As mentioned before, the long wait may have been due to supplier problems, but I was quite satisfied with the amount I paid for the service I got. Just my two pence.
Old 02-27-02, 05:38 PM
Cool New Member

I have received my credit card statement and have been billed the day the order was placed. My order is still showing as open and they have not replied to three emails so far. They clearly state they do not charge until the disks have been shipped, so hopeful they are on their way. I guess now I wait for a week in case they have shipped my dvds and if not just have the charges reversed. I know some people think DDD has good service, but I can not see why.
Old 02-27-02, 08:11 PM
Cool New Member

Just received an email from Deep Discount DVD. It appears the problem was on my end and I am now able to use their shopping cart.

I have been buying from DDD for about one year and have never had any problems with them as far as billing errors or shipping errors. Their customer service has always been good.

Their are times that I do not get an email confirmation when the order is placed. Normally I will just check my account information to verify the order was placed. In general, I would have to say that I have had good experiences with this company.

Thanks Deep Discount !!
Old 02-28-02, 09:37 AM

I'm a happy customer of DDD i've heard of in this forum for knowen reasons .

But you are right about their web site that isn't perfect , you don't get an email when the order is shipped and the my status screen shows orders that arrived months ago as OPEN .

My solution = My credit company has an online monitring system so I see when DDD charged me and know they shipped the order .

Gilo
Old 02-28-02, 10:11 AM

I just received an email from DDD saying my order shipped.

-HM
Old 03-03-02, 07:02 PM

I've never had a problem with any company. DDD is great, as is most. The only one that I sorta get ticked off at is DVDBoxOffice because they have something listed, u order it, then they say its on backorder and they have NO CLUE as to when it'll be off backorder.

I usually pay a little more(depending on how much more) and buy from Amazon. If its about a buck or so more I do, if they are 3 dollars more I usually buy from the smaller guy. Just my personal way of purchasing. I tend to get from the bigger company because they can usually get you the stuff guranteed.
Old 03-03-02, 08:59 PM

gotta love DDD!!!

I have to say that my experiences with DDD has been LOYAL and can say... "GREAT PRICES and FREE SHIPPING"!!! It will blow away Amazons prices away any time.. oh and also if any1 beats DDD prices.. then you contact them and they will beat the competitors price!!
Gotta love that!!!

I never once had a problem with DDD. All I can say is all companies can or will make an error,, but I can say that DDD will help take care of your problem.
Best of luck to you.
Old 03-04-02, 05:59 AM

Hmmm. As a non-US resident, I'm beginning to see something of a pattern between good and bad experiences. Generally, good experiences occur for those in the US, bad outside the US.

I'm up to a month of waiting for my latest order (I received discs from DVDPlanet over a week ago that were shipped by the USPS - I think - on the same day as the DDD order), which leads me to suspect they may have started using an el cheapo shipping company (at $15 for any order over $100, I'm not surprised). Previous orders from DDD only took 2-2 1/2 weeks to Australia so I'm getting a bit worried (especially because I'm buying the DVDs on behalf of a work colleague).
Old 03-04-02, 09:58 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
You have to remember with what's going on in the world, especially after the US Mail anthrax attacks, things are moving very slowly, even domestically.

For international mail I wouldn't be surprised if it takes at least 2x as long to receive a package.
Old 03-04-02, 03:25 PM
Cool New Member

DDD have ignored four emails so far and are still showing my order as open. I am in a situation where my cc was charged weeks ago, no dvds and no replies from DDD. I know people have had ok experiences in the past, but from my point of view, it certainly doesn't look good. I guess I should be relieved I only placed a small trial order. I certainly won't be making my next large order from DDD.
Old 03-04-02, 03:55 PM

I'd recommend calling - that way you should be able to get someone on the phone.

-HM
Old 03-04-02, 04:13 PM
Cool New Member

That is not really an option from the other side of the planet. I guess I will just give up and get my cc involved.
Old 03-04-02, 04:39 PM
Cool New Member

Further to my post above, I have just had an email from a David Barker who has been reading the posts here. He has promised to personally walk my complaint down to customer services. While I appreciate the gesture, it is pretty pathetic that the only way I got any reply was through a post on a forum. What is the point in sending emails to customer services if you have to wait for someone to read a forum before they get delivered. However, I am still pleased that DDD is finally going to sort out my order, but I still see no reason to deal with them again. There are other companies who provide excellent service and want to keep me as a customer.
I guess I will see what their answer is. Reading the posts, it certainly looks like I am not the only one who has been having problems recently.
Old 03-04-02, 07:35 PM

Well, I'm glad they're helping you out. I'm not quite sure what's involved in sending something outside of the USA, but it appears from the number of posts I've seen lately about it, that it's something of an issue for DDD right now.

For me, they just put it an ugly Media Mail box and probably throw it in the general vicinity of the East Coast REALLY hard.

-HM
Old 03-04-02, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Jamesdoc- Do you have spam filters by chance? On my account when I turned on filters I use to get it sent to my junk folder. Just a thought. Sorry having problems hopefully works out for you.
Old 03-04-02, 08:31 PM

Have you ever heard of an informal chat over the phone? I have been with the same credit card company for over 20 years and actually have a good relationship with the human beings that work there.
I ALWAYS laugh when people say this. Recently my Grandmother called AT&T and threatened to drop them as a long distance carrier because of the lousy rate she was getting. She informed them she had been a AT&T customer for over 60 years straight. They rudely told her that "So what, we have lots of customers that have been with us for this long".

This is one reason I don't do business with AT&T any more. The bottom line is most companies could care a less that you have been with them that long. They have plenty of other people to take your place. Customer loyalty means nothing any more.
Old 03-05-02, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally posted by dirtrat
They have plenty of other people to take your place. Customer loyalty means nothing any more.
sad but true. Large corporations don't care a lot of the time because you're expendable.
Old 03-05-02, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Had anyone had problems with DDD regarding their shopping cart? For the past 2 weeks now, I've tried to add something to my shopping cart and the page doesn't fully load, it doesn't say that I don't have anything in my shopping cart and it doesn't say that I do have anything in my shopping cart.

I tried deleting my cookies and also my cache and nothing.
Old 03-05-02, 10:42 AM

Try a different browser. I used IE 5.5 the other day and it worked just fine.

-HM
Old 03-05-02, 11:01 AM

It works perfectly with IE 6 also.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.