Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

One & Only Total Movie Customer Service Thread

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

One & Only Total Movie Customer Service Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-02, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope you filled in your survey !

Store Forum. Wow, whats that got to do with getting free movies from a Magazine. I'd have left this post where it was.
Old 03-13-02, 06:59 PM

007bugs (Jeff), issues 5 & 6 are being sent out to you today. You are in the system scheduled to receive issue 7 as your first of 6 issues. You are also on the list to receive the 40 Free Movies.

Hopefully this will resolve it.
Old 03-13-02, 07:25 PM
Cool New Member

attn: mr total movie

hello
i checked the tracking # and it is online and looks to be a ok!!! . i did not however yet get an email, but im very , very happy with your info. i'll let you and this fourm know of my results and issue an apology when it gets here . please let me know about extending my subscription by 1 issue since i have yet to get the issue that was after the shannon eliz one. thankyou very much you should be the person incharge of any and all customer service questions/problems since i got more ( actually the only results) fast results from you than amanda, eddy, arron, & maya over the last 6 1/2 months. once more thank you very much and i'll keep my word and rip myself with a heart felt apology right after i get the player.

steve aka jth1106
Old 03-13-02, 07:29 PM
Cool New Member

attn mr total movie

sorry , one more question. i was told i'd be getting the 40 free dvd's by arron and was also told by maya that i was not getting them. can you look up my account and give me a yea or nea???
thanks once more
steve
Old 03-14-02, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Total Movie, a few questions...

My card was charged for what seemed to be the amount for the dvd player on monday. Does that mean it shipped? Also, I have everything going to a post office box. I don't recall ever providing a real address. How will my dvd player be arriving?

Thanks for the replies!

Robyn Young
Old 03-14-02, 08:35 AM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Can anyone confirm whether or not the deal for the dvd player is dead???
Old 03-14-02, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The deal for the DVD player still shows up at the website. Try to find the link to Total Movie through this forum, or go there directly. The website is "total-movie" (be sure to include the hyphen).

I'm sure hoping that the DVD player is the same one that was covered in that review a few posts ago, because I just got some region 3 ntsc discs in my last Hong Kong order, and I'd rather not watch them on my computer.

TotalMovie, I really appreciated your prompt answer to my question about the charges from Versatile Media. I still never got an answer to either of my 2 emails to your CS department (not that I need one now, but I thought I'd let you know).

Last edited by dvd2001; 03-14-02 at 10:11 AM.
Old 03-14-02, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Totalmovie guy

I'm not sure why i'm still trying but i sent yet another e-mail to the editor, customer-service, and scott@digitalideations. You said you'd see it well that's where they are.
Old 03-14-02, 01:48 PM

Vaporware - Paten - you should have received an email this morning following the email you sent us. You are in the computer as having your subscription start with the March/April issue (which is lame for having subscribed in October). We are also sending you out the back issues. Just saw the envelope with your name on it.

jth1106 - Steve - You are in the system for the 40 movies. I just checked. It's very odd that you did not get an email in your yahoo account. I was there when Amanda sent one out to you to the email address you provided above....which was the second one she sent. All of your issues were addressed in that email and taken care of.

Robyn - The DVD players are for the most part sent out Fed Ex. I don't think P.O. Boxes are going to work...though I am not sure...you should call customer service and make sure they have an address that will work. 866-896-6843 (toll free)...they should also be able to tell you whether or not it shipped.
Old 03-14-02, 01:58 PM

Originally posted by dgc
Can anyone confirm whether or not the deal for the dvd player is dead???
Uhhhhh....
Originally posted by TotalMovie
When I said remaining players are going out...I didn't mean remaining as in That's All Folks....I was talking about a batch of players to take care of the recent subscribers who signed up for that promotion. I did not mean to imply that that was it. This is an ongoing offer and if you signed up this weekend or even today, you will indeed be getting your DVD player.
Old 03-14-02, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Total Movie--I called, they changed my address(which I'll now have to change back after I get the player). He told me the player should ship in 3 weeks. Will it in fact be the same player? I sure as heck hope so, because I'll be more than disappointed if it is not at least similar in capability.

Can you say whether it will in fact be the same? Also, why didn't the guy tell me when I signed up that my p.o. box wouldn't work?

Robyn
Old 03-14-02, 06:56 PM

Robyn,

Should be a machine with similar capabilities. Can't answer why he/she did not tell you about the P.O. Box limitation.
Old 03-14-02, 07:05 PM
Cool New Member

Please check on mine. Order number is: dvd4u-6297

Email said DVD player would be sent out first week of February, still haven't seen it.
Old 03-14-02, 08:49 PM

I got the free trial issues of both Total Movie and Inside DVD. Wasn't impressed. Didn't subscribe. Canceled one. Heard (here) they were both out of business, so didn't bother canceling the other.

Then I got the promo offer to renew and get 40 free movies. Knowing of all the problems paid subscribers in this forum had with them, I was suspicious of what was meant by "40 free movies". When they announced the list, there were about 8 titles that would be worth owning, the rest were at least worth getting as throwaway rentals. So in September I went ahead and ordered the subscription essentially just for the premium. (Incidentally, aren't there rules about magazine premiums not being allowed to be more valuable than the subscription because if people are "buying" the premium and throwing the magazine away it gives false numbers to the advertisers?)

From this forum, I knew about their problems, their history. I was patient. I heard they hadn't finished the 40 free movies. Okay, give them time. The credit card transaction went through in September. I never got a single issue. According to the threads here, several editions had come and gone. I called, they said I should have gotten the latest issue and they'd send another one to me immediately and they took my address. That one never arrived. I'm getting more suspicious now. They started giving more information on their website, and here, which was an excellent move, but maybe too little too late for me. The list of movies changed. Not so interested anymore. Tried calling their new numbers they were posting. Not getting answers anymore. No replies to e-mail. Been six months. Time to give up.

Called my credit card company and filed a non-delivery-of-merchandise complaint. They're investigating and I got my credit. That's what they're there for. Anyone else who has given up on these frauds should report them to their credit card company instead of trying to go through them. I'm pretty sure it's illegal to accept money for a product that hasn't been manufactured yet. The BBB only logs complaints and takes no action. The credit card companies have the power to go after fraud.
Old 03-15-02, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Totalmovie,

This is probably a lame ass question but I have to ask.

I received my DVD player the other day (see above) but I have no PAL DVDs and am ready to buy some to test out the player. Is the DVD player Region Free? I'm new to all this PAL/Region 2-4 stuff so the only basis I have is the review I posted from that Newsgroup. I don't want to buy a PAL DVD and find out the player only plays Region 1 or something.

Sorry for the lame question.

Andrew
Old 03-15-02, 09:57 AM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by RMan360

Uhhhhh....
Uhhhhh...., thanks, I obviously missed that post.

But now there seems to be some question as to whether or not it will be the same DVD player:

Originally posted by TotalMovie
Robyn,

Should be a machine with similar capabilities. Can't answer why he/she did not tell you about the P.O. Box limitation.
Old 03-15-02, 01:56 PM

Originally posted by dgc

Uhhhhh...., thanks, I obviously missed that post.

But now there seems to be some question as to whether or not it will be the same DVD player:

Uhhhhh...., you're welcome .

I would like to know if it is the same player, also. The reason I purchased it was for its [cough]region free[/cough] features.

-Matt
Old 03-15-02, 03:25 PM

Poor Customer Service

I ordered the DVD Player, Movies and Magizine in January. Three messages to customer service regarding an update on my order. Today, I finally got a response. I believe only after posting questions regarding the magazine and its promotions in all DVD newsgroups.

I have yet to see my first issue, but the response that I am getting from the newsgroups indicate that POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE and lack of responding to customer questions/needs will be the downfall of this magazine. Management might give a very hard look at ways to improve Customer service in these tight economic times.

Right now, I could NOT recommend this offer or magazine to any of my friends or collegues because of the poor communication.

Rick Brown
Old 03-15-02, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

TotalMovie,
I was happy when the DVD player arrived today, but unfortunately it has problems.
I have 2 DVD players in my system. I took one out and replaced it with the new Total Movie unit.
The first thing I got was an opening/ greeting page that was scrolling rapidly from left to right across the screen. I couldn't get that to stop.
I loaded up a disc, and it triggered the audio, which was coming through on all five channels, but the video was totally messed up.
When you try to access the set-up menu, it's all broken up and not really accessible.
I also noticed that the lettering in the front-panel display clearly tilts down on the right side, so maybe this unit took a hard hit in transit.

Oh well, I realize that this can happen, it's just one of life's trivial annoyances.
I'm assuming that I'll be able to send this right back for a quick replacement.

I'll try to contact customer service Monday morning, but if you see this earlier and can tell me where to ship it, that would be appreciated.
Or, if you have any suggestions about this problem, that would be even better.

Has anyone else who received one had any problems?
From looking at the manual, it does appear that you can select between ntsc and pal. Also, when I put a region 3 ntsc disc in, it did boot up and trigger the audio, but the video was screwed up as mentioned above. I would assume that these are capable of multi-region playback when they're working right.

Last edited by dvd2001; 03-15-02 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-15-02, 10:13 PM

Kesslerm - I will check into that on Monday. Just saw your posting so it is too late for today.

DVD 2001 - call customer service at the number I gave Robyn a few posts ago and they will take care of you. I could give you the address, but I don't know the proper protocol for sending it back....but, of course you will get a replacement unit post haste.

rbrown - the magazine is bi-monthly at this point....and as with all magazines there is a 6-8 week processing time. Clearly there have been some slow turnarounds and some bad customer service, and admittedly TME has had a longer processing time for some people, but in your case, given when you subscribed you would have been scheduled to receive your first issue as the March/April issue which ships next week.... 40 free movies will be right behind that.

Valeyard - that's not a question I have an answer for
Old 03-16-02, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally posted by dvd2001
TotalMovie,
The first thing I got was an opening/ greeting page that was scrolling rapidly from left to right across the screen. I couldn't get that to stop.
I loaded up a disc, and it triggered the audio, which was coming through on all five channels, but the video was totally messed up.
When you try to access the set-up menu, it's all broken up and not really accessible.
I also noticed that the lettering in the front-panel display clearly tilts down on the right side, so maybe this unit took a hard hit in transit.

When I was playing with the player the other day, I went into the Set Up menu and was fiddling with the S-VIDEO and Composite set up. When I took the DVD player off of S-Video, the DVD player began to act exactly how you described above.

When I went back to the menu, it continued to roll but I let it sit for a bit and I could then make out the settings (that and I used the DVD Player Manual to help guide me to the right page). I set the player back to S-VIDEO and the Player popped back to normal.

Maybe the player was sent to you with this set inproperly?

Also, when I put a region 3 ntsc disc in, it did boot up and trigger the audio, but the video was screwed up as mentioned above. I would assume that these are capable of multi-region playback when they're working right. [/B]
That sort of answers my question above. I jumped in and bought a Region 3 NTSC DVD. Hopefully when it gets here, everything will be A-Ok.

Thanks and good luck

Andrew
Old 03-16-02, 07:36 PM

PAL - NTSC

Can anyone with the player tell me how good it converts PAL to NTSC?? Most players I have read about in the past that can do this usually say the Picture looks squashed. Im thinking for this price the PAL to NTSC cant be all that good.

-crypter
Old 03-17-02, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: PAL - NTSC

Originally posted by Crypter
Can anyone with the player tell me how good it converts PAL to NTSC?? Most players I have read about in the past that can do this usually say the Picture looks squashed. Im thinking for this price the PAL to NTSC cant be all that good.

-crypter
All but a small handful of players have problems converting PAL anamorphic. If the PAL disc is non-anamorphic (a good many are) then the conversion looks flawless. The only players I've heard that currently can do flawless PAL anamorphic conversion is a JVC, a Malata, and the Apex 3201.
Old 03-18-02, 04:45 PM

I received my DVD player today via FEDEX. I signed up in early February and am expecting my first magazine soon.

I really enjoyed what I did receive the last time around and would be really happy if they would credit me with some back issues, but I wrote them twice and got no response.

I'm looking forward to getting the movies and the magazines.
Old 03-18-02, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got my player today too. A Dingtian DVD-2106

Hooked it up and it's actually quite a nice little player. I can't find any info about it except a post on alt.video.dvd that says it is indeed region/macrovision free. You can see more of the specs here http://groups.google.com/groups?q=di...ews.net&rnum=1

This is what the player looks like right down to the box, except for the Hito labeling.
http://www.csvav.com.au/HITO_Large_View.htm

I don't have anything but R1 & R0 discs to try on it myself. I did pop in a disc and the picture was quite nice.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.