Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

One & Only Total Movie Customer Service Thread

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

One & Only Total Movie Customer Service Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-02, 05:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0110724

This is definitely an improvement. I prefer an independent film over both lame tv movies and public domain films already available on DVD.

Good job, TME!
Old 02-21-02, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by TotalMovie
Vaporware,

email your name and address and your need to get the magazine sent to you to the list of contacts on the www.total-movie.com site and I will see that your magazines and DVDs are sent out to you today. Let us know if you want the Dec/Jan and the Oct/Nov or just the Dec/Jan.
Well several weeks ago i sent all the info as you requested via e-mail as per my prior post in this thread. I never received an e-mail from your company to even confirm they received my info.

Why is you customer service so severly lacking?
Old 02-23-02, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

sounds like people are getting their dvd players. it'd be nice to have a second one and now that i know it plays mp3's, it's even more appealing. i just might have to go ahead and drop some cash on this one.
Old 02-25-02, 04:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there any way for existing subscribers to jump on this dvd player deal? I paid for a subscription back in October for the 40 dvds deal. I'd be willing to pay to match the $99 subscription going out to new customers. How about sending out a sweet deal to your already loyal customers?

P.S. If there is a deal out already, I apologize for this begging post. Just let me know if there is one and I'll delete this post. Thanks!
Old 02-25-02, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dvd player? 40 movies? I'd be happy at this point with a confirmation e-mail.

Ahh, who am i kidding i'll chalk it up to a lesson learned. Totalmovie guy i hope your company gets it together someday, it seems like your product would be a good thing to have. Good luck.
Old 02-26-02, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Psyberia
Is there any way for existing subscribers to jump on this dvd player deal? I paid for a subscription back in October for the 40 dvds deal. I'd be willing to pay to match the $99 subscription going out to new customers. How about sending out a sweet deal to your already loyal customers?

P.S. If there is a deal out already, I apologize for this begging post. Just let me know if there is one and I'll delete this post. Thanks!
If you call up the 866-896-6843 number, you can upgrade the subscription for @$75 bucks. Probably a pretty good deal since it seems that folks are fairly happy with the player.

Just call up the subscription people. I talked to Aaron, and he seemed very cool. We kept playing phone tag, and he indeed called me back both times, so I think thier customer service is looking up.

On another note, it appears that the next issue is set to ship mid-march.

robyn
Old 03-07-02, 09:30 AM
Cool New Member

keep your money and dont ripped

this is my story in short. i placed an order for the mag and 40 free dvds in early sept . after numerous phone calls, emails. i talked to a guy named eddy in there design dept. he they emailed a manager ( amanda) i finally got the shannon elizabeth issue about 6 weeks late ( around dec 5th) . at this point i thought they had there act in order. in talking to eddy ( a cool guy) he assured me that the dvds are going to ship in early jan 2002. he they informed me that for another $45 bucks i could get a free dvd player( this is there current deal) so after getting the first issue and actually talking to someone i thought maybe they got there act straight. well i was a fool! i should have just got a refund. it seems now that eddy is out on sick leave for something like 8 months.

i got a letter asking me to sign up for another year and get a free dvd player. so i called to find out why im getting a letter for this promo when i signed up for this deal and had the cash taken out of my credit card back in sept & dec. after having the supervisor ignore at least 5 emails i called and got a guy nemed arron, he told me that there system is down ( by the way it's been down since sept!! really this is no joke. ) and he could not look up my info. i asked to speak to amanda . he told me she does not take calls and she would call me back. so i again emailed amanda and "cc'd " the lond list of like 20 people at total movie/inside dvd to let her know why i called and and that i'd be waiting for her call. they also screwed up my membership. they have me down as my acct will lapse in april 2002 and that there was no record of me getting a dvd player ( again they took my money last year). i waited a week called back and got arron . i was told the system was down again. i started to get pissed and with some pushing he told me that i was getting a player and they were to be mailed by feb 7th. i called back ob the 20th and got a woman called maya. she was useless. i asked for amanda and was refused. i asked for the name of the president or the person in charge she told me there was no one, only amanda. i asked to speak to the editor and was told they do not have one.

it's now been 6 months and i've got 1 issue no dvd's or player. i guess i was ripped off and it's part my fault because after getting 1 issue and a promise from eddy that they were finally in gear. at that point i should have just asked for a refund and went on my way . . needless to say im pissed at this fraud of a company and myself for being dumd enough fo fall for there line.

i ask all of you who read this do not fall for this scam!!! i have emailed the dude who runs this site geoff and asked him to pull thier ad's that he runs but it's been a week and he has yet to reply to me . i did sign up for this deal from the ad he runs in here. im not holding geoff responsible for this but i would like to see these ad's pulled from dvdtalk.com so nobody else get ripped like me and many others. time will tell if he pulls the ad's. sorry for the long winded post but i wanted to add all the details so if your in the process of trying to get what your due ( current subscribers ) that my dealings with inside dvd will maybe help you. also in closing if you ask for a refund they will tell you it takes up to six months for the credit to go thru.
thanks for you attention
Old 03-07-02, 09:43 AM
Cool New Member

sorry for the flubs! i was rushed and forgot to do a quick spell check.
Old 03-07-02, 10:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I haven't had any problems but I *am* wondering when they'll at least update their 40 movie status.
Old 03-08-02, 10:04 AM

I don't think DVDTalk should be running their ad as long as they are not delivering on their promises. I subscribed and paid in early September and despite several reassurances from customer service on the phone and from 'Steve' at their email address, I have not seen anything. I requested a refund almost a month ago, still nothing. I'm not talking about the "40 Free Movies", I'm talking about no magazines and no replies from them at all since 1/22.
I guess I'll have to talk to my bank to get my money back at this point. STAY AWAY!!!!
Old 03-08-02, 04:19 PM
Cool New Member

hey 007 If you have the time can you drop a line to geoff, i think thats his name at dvdtalk to voice your and my opinion about his running the total movie ad's. the ad's are still blinking on my screen so they have yet to be removed. i just hope the word gets around for everyone to stay away.
thanks

j.t.h.
Old 03-09-02, 11:45 AM

Quick update on all fronts.

1) The next issue should ship to subscribers next week. It will be on newsstands the 19th....though those have shipped already so some newsstands could conceivable have it out already. Subscriber issues take a little longer because of the packed in DVD.

2) UPS labels were prepared Thursday and Friday for the remaining DVD players that are to be shipped out to subscribers who took advantage of that offer.

3) The 40 Free movies should get to us from China at the beginning of the week and be shipped out shortly thereafter.

I know some of you won't beleive this until you get your goods...which is totally fair. Hopefully after this next issue and the 40 free movies ship you will have a higher degree of confidence.
Old 03-10-02, 02:27 PM

Originally posted by Apocrypha
Total movie,
I renewed with the DVD player package this weekend, now I see in your post that you no longer have the players availabe but the offer is still up on the website.
Please Advise will I not be receiving one of the players?
Awww crap, I just did the same! The player was the only reason I did...

Please advise. Thank you.

-Matt
Old 03-10-02, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I sent several e-mails and the only time i ever received a response was here on this thread.

I agree that Geoff should pull the ads for the site. Untill they can get their act straight they are going to continue to take money from dvdtalkers and 75% of those people that sign up won't receive anything whatsoever.

Why continue to provide a link from a reputable site to a site that continues to have problems? Sure DVDtalk may make money from the link but ultimately the loyal posters here lose a significantly larger amount of money. Then the prospect arises that some posters may not follow other reputable links from here to other sites and in the long run DVDtalk loses money.
Old 03-11-02, 02:29 PM

OK, you have to be really careful with your syntax in doing these posts...and I know that.

When I said remaining players are going out...I didn't mean remaining as in That's All Folks....I was talking about a batch of players to take care of the recent subscribers who signed up for that promotion. I did not mean to imply that that was it. This is an ongoing offer and if you signed up this weekend or even today, you will indeed be getting your DVD player.

Vaporware, I get emails from subscribers here and there and I always answer them. If you email the list of names in the contact section of the Total-Movie.com site and say that you are Vaporware from this forum I will make sure your problem is addressed.
Old 03-11-02, 06:32 PM

Total Movie, I also thank you and appreciate your reply.

-Matt
Old 03-11-02, 10:43 PM
Cool New Member

HEY MR. TOTAL MOVIE

HI
IM THE GUY A FEW POSTS UP. NO AFTER READING YOUR POSTS I WANT TO TAKE YOU UP ON THE OFFER YOU MADE ( TO GET REAL INFO ON MY ACCOUNT AND THE STATUS OF MY DVD PLAYER). I READ YOU SAID THE LABELS ARE READY TO BE USED TO MAIL THE PLAYERS. NOW I CALLED THE PHONE NUMBER AND AGAIN GOT ARRON. HE TOLD ME THAT THE DVD PLAYERS ARE TO BE MAILED ON TUESDAY, BUT WAS NOT ABLE TO GIVE ME A POSITIVE YES IF I WAS ON THE LIST. HE DID SAY THAT THEY WERE ALL GOING OUT VIA FED-EX. WHEN PRESSED IF I WAS ONE OF THE ONES GETTING ONE HE BACKED OFF AND COULD NOT GIVE A CONCRETE YES. NO I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT I WAS " DVD PROMO SUBSCRIBER # 15 AS PER THE GUY FOR HANDLED THE BILLING " EDDY" AT [email protected] /Tel: (514) 876-0102 HE HANDLED THE BILLING FOR MY 2 YEAR SUBSCRIPTION. ALSO CAN YOU LET ME KNOW IF IN ON THE LIST TO GET THE 40 FREE DVD'S. ALSO I SIGNED UP OR THE ORIG DEAL ( 1 YEAR AND 40 FREE DVD'S ) , BUT EDDY TALKED ME INTO DOING THE DVDPPLAYER PROMO SINCE BACK IN DEC 2002 YOU GUYS SEEMED TO HAVE YOUR ACT/ ORPERATION UP AND DE-BUGGED. NOW THE ANSWER I GOT FROM HE IS JUST ABOUT THE SAME ANSWERS SINCE SEPT. I HAVE ONLY GOT THE SHANNON ELIZABETH ISSUE AND THAT WAS SHIPPED TO ME IN EARLY DEC RIGHT AFTER YOU HAD THE NEXT ISSUE ON THE SHELVES. I WOULD LIKE TO BE CREDITED FOR THE MISSING ISSUES SINCE THE ONE I GOT ( IN AN ENVELOPE WITH A NAME HAND WRITTEN ON IT 8 WEEKS LATE) IN THE FORM ON A 2 ISSUE EXTENSION. I THINK THATS FAIR SINCE I HAD TO ACTUALLY BUY THE S. ELIZABETH ISSUE AT BLOCKBUSTER. I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY . IF YOU COULD PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH THE INFORMATION AT [email protected]
thanks you for the update.

p.s. aside from the very poorly trained customer service reps, my flat out rotten time with total movie, and most disturbing , that i get lied to( thats right a paying customer lied to over and over again) i really do like your magazine. we really need a dvd only mag since we do not have one , excluding the weedscreen review. if you guys can salvage your reputation and get things going you rake in cash hand over fist. do the right and correct the following
~~add on 2 more missed issues
~~and ship w/ comfirmation my dvd player.
~~GET ME CONCRETE DVD PLAYER SHIPPING DATE.

i'll be waiting for your respone here and email acct info and in my mail box( i will leave out some personal info but eddy and arron , as of today was able to pull up my acct info)
steven hughes
54x anchor street
philadelphila pa 19120
acct #103144xx
the x'ed out info can be supplied via email if needed.

p.s. one more problem. my subscription is listed to lapse in late sept 2003 , i signed up for a full 2 years, meaning i should get the last issue printed on or around dec 2003. again email me if you need more info . please do not blow me off like amanda and all the others. thanks again.
Old 03-12-02, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Total Movie,

Just one simple question.
Is a charge from "Versitile Media" (sic) from you folks?

I'm a current subscriber, and I went for the renewal deal, including the 40 movies and a DVD player. The order got confused, and I saw two separate charges, one for $39.95 (billed from Total Movie), and one for $79.95 (from Versitile Media). The total charge amount is within 15 cents of the total I expected, so I'm assuming it's you, but I need to make sure.

I'm asking you here because I've sent 2 emails to customer service, on 3/7 and 3/11, and haven't received a reply.

Please let me know. Thanks very much.
Old 03-12-02, 10:46 AM

The charge from Versatile Media is a charge for Total Movie.

Steven, I will try to get you an answer by later on today.
Old 03-12-02, 11:47 AM

I am confused about the customer service. I never got a reply about my subscription from September until I posted here. I was instructed to email again and mention 'Steve' and 'DVDtalk'. I did so, was told that there was an error on when my subscription was set to start and that it would be corrected and back issues sent out. That was on January 16th. I have not received any issues and my emails are not being answered again, including two requests for a refund. I don't really care whether I get my subscription started or get the refund at the point, I'd just like to be done with it. TotalMovie, my account number is 10136643. Please do something, anything.
Old 03-12-02, 06:22 PM

Steven (jth1106), You should have gotten an email in your Yahoo account by now addressing your situation with a tracking number for the DVD player which has now been sent out to you.

Bugs, I will try to have an answer for you by tomorrow.
Old 03-13-02, 10:49 AM
Cool New Member

attn: mr total movie

you said that i should have in my email account now a confirmation about the dvd player. well.........nothing !!! i know that you guys have my email address correct because i checked it with arron after your post yesterday and i gave it to you via this forum on monday and still nothing. please check this out and get back to me since your information about this is not correct. thanks you for your efforts. ps. if you guys actually come thru i'll post a big " sorry" here at dvdtalk, since i have started to organize a boycott and a " total movie cust. service report " that i was planning to plaster all over 16 sites that you have customers at. i have yet to do so. the only thing i have done so far is ask the owner of dvdtalk to remove your ad's again i'll be waiting for your reply and my dvd player + the correct ending date of my subscription ( 12-17-03) again thank you . you can reach me at my email address, you have it or this fourm

steve a.k.a. jth1106
Old 03-13-02, 11:40 AM

Steven,

Your DVD player shipped yesterday, your Fed Ex tracking number is:

FYI - an email was sent to your Yahoo account yesterday at 12:33pm. I just saw that email in the cust service reps sent box. It was re-sent this morning.

Last edited by TotalMovie; 03-13-02 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-13-02, 12:57 PM

Total Movie 40 DVD Update

Was just at the site and saw the following:

"March 13th, 2002 - After 6 weeks of pressing discs, printing packaging, printing outer boxes to house the DoubleDouble Feature packs, checking proofs, packing discs into their sleeves & packing the sleeves into the outer box, we are told that finished product is set to ship to us either Friday or Saturday. Whew. With typical shipping we will see the 40 movie packs in the Total Movie office by Tuesday or Wednesday. Concurrently we will be preparing mailing labels and readying the 40 Free Movies to arrive in your mail box. It's been a long haul. But, there is finally light at the end of the tunnel. We appreciate everyone's continued patience."

Here's hoping!
Old 03-13-02, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen.......

I have received my DVD Player today via Fed Ex!!!! It's 11:00am in West Covina, California and I'm happily plugging the player into the second TV in the kid's room.

Total Movie is A-OK with me (knock on wood).

Thanks Total Movie!!

Andrew

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.