Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

800.com shipping cost question.

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-01, 09:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm trying to place an order for several DVD's from 800.com, but I'm running into a slight problem. According to their help page, shipping costs are $2.95 + .95 for each additional item. However, whenever I add something to my shopping cart it charges me $2.95 for each item, which really adds up. Anyone know what the deal is? - is this just a glitch in their software or is their help page incorrect and shipping is actually $2.95 per item?

Thanks for any info,

Roy
Old 10-07-01, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the items are in stock you get charged 2.95 + .95 for each additional item. If you are buying preorders you get charged 2.95 for each item, even if the items are supposed to be released on the some day.
Old 10-07-01, 10:16 PM

Originally posted by ellone
If the items are in stock you get charged 2.95 + .95 for each additional item. If you are buying preorders you get charged 2.95 for each item, even if the items are supposed to be released on the some day.
Thanks for the info, I didn't realize this.

Now one more question - are 800.com's prices for pre-orders discounted, or are they the same price as they will be after the item is released? Since all of the DVD's I was going to order are being released this tuesday, I would be better off waiting until they are released, unless of course they are going to jack up the prices at that time.

This shipping policy is kind of annoying, they should at least give you the option of paying the regular shipping costs with the trade-off of letting them hold the order until everything is in stock.
Old 10-08-01, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have not ordered from 800.com in several months but they did give you the option to ship an order when it is complete. If you went further into the checkout process a link to change shipping preferences would be given. If you clicked not to ship until your order is complete the price would be adjusted to $2.95 + .95 for each additional title. I found myself confused for the same reason once while adding items to my cart. A $2.95 charge was added for each item with different release dates. But as I continued through with the order I found a link to change shipping preferences. You should not be charged $2.95 for each preordered title. Also I think they do raise prices once a title is released.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 10-08-01 at 12:59 AM.
Old 10-10-01, 02:08 AM
My Generosity Is Legendary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by LASERMOVIES
I have not ordered from 800.com in several months but they did give you the option to ship an order when it is complete. If you went further into the checkout process a link to change shipping preferences would be given. If you clicked not to ship until your order is complete the price would be adjusted to $2.95 + .95 for each additional title. I found myself confused for the same reason once while adding items to my cart. A $2.95 charge was added for each item with different release dates. But as I continued through with the order I found a link to change shipping preferences. You should not be charged $2.95 for each preordered title. Also I think they do raise prices once a title is released.
Same thing here...I've always been charged 2.95+.95 for my preorders with the same release date. The cart and order total show 2.95 per DVD, but the invoice in the package and my credit card statement show 2.95 + .95. ALSO I've had pre-orders get back ordered (House/House 2) and was only charged .95 for that disc, even when the rest of the order had shipped.
As far as raising prices, they do on almost all of them but a lot of the ones with low MSR (like 14.95) stay at 9.94 or what ever for a while after the release date.