Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

GoodGuys Customer Support/Service Sucks

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-01, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just thought to letting it out here.
After shelling out thousands of my money for all equipments I had with GoodGuys, especially with Extended Warranties, I had just cancelled all ESP from them and will bring my money to spend somewhere else.
Bought a Sony SATT60 (Tivo Directv recorder) with ESP 6/1, the unit broke down early Sep. Called for service, brought in 9/15. A week later (9/21) called and was told (story varies based on person on the phone) that unit would be shipped soon and would take from 2 weeks (Store Manger) to 4-6 weeks (Someone in Corporate Office) to 6-8 weeks (Service Personnel).

I was so upset so decided to cancel all ESP. I was then told that I had to write in for my request (Corporate offfice person), or Come in to Store to cancel w/o receipts (Extended Service personnel on 800$), or Required Receipts to cancel in store (Store Manager), or Final one Fax in request to ESP office (Another / Supervisor at ESP Support office) to specific person.

After few days of faxing my request(9/26), I called ESP Support office and asked to speak to the person (who I faxed to), I was immediately asked to call another number since the person no longer works there. I refused to do so and requested for someone in charge. Later someone came over (not get on the phone though) responded that my request had been received and being processed.

Quite great Customer Service and very knowledgable staff that GoodGuys had.
Old 10-02-01, 06:28 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't like to shop at BadGuys anyway. That sucks more than CC, which is still a sucker but the lesser of the two.