DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Barnes & Noble cancel all Flooz orders!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/133658-barnes-noble-cancel-all-flooz-orders.html)

Dr_Evil 08-14-01 08:53 AM

IMHO

I think that some BN higher ups made the desicion to not honor flooz preorders. I don't think that they fully informed the CSR's as to how they were handling it. When people started to show the webpage stating that they would honor all flooz purchases the CSR's gave the customer the benefit and said it wouldn't be cancelled. The supervisor's seem to have since informed the CSR's about the "page error" and no one is getting anything right now. It seems the response that everyone is getting is the same now. I think an error was made in not editing the website before the email was sent out. That seems to be the big mistake by BN right now. I wonder if American greetings will offer any kind of compensation, not that I would expect them too, but they seemed to have very good CS. Has anyone emailed that flooz address yet? I'm sure not much will come from an email. Is there a phone number to contact them at?

jiggyblau 08-14-01 08:55 AM

Damn it! I knew I should have jumped on the truck and stolen $150 worth of merchandise when I had the chance. Now this happens, and my window of opportunity is closed.

LBPound 08-14-01 10:09 AM

This is B.S. in so many ways!

Dr_Evil 08-14-01 10:20 AM

Now that the dust has settled and BN is set on one story, who should we try to get our money from? Should we try to get it from flooz? or BN? or even American Greetings?

LBPound 08-14-01 10:22 AM

Originally posted by Dr_Evil
Now that the dust has settled and BN is set on one story, who should we try to get our money from? Should we try to get it from flooz? or BN? or even American Greetings?
I don't think Flooz has any money to give. BN definitely does, they're just being cheap and putting $ over customer base. American Greetings would likely give you the $19.95 back with little trouble, but it's $50 of Flooz we lost...

...because our DVDs aren't released until October or whenever.

thejammy 08-14-01 10:30 AM

so basically my fiancee' is going to get screwed because I bought her the Forrest Gump dvd that she loves and has been waiting for like 3 months. Because whoopi and her stupid flooz cannot hold steady, I will get one pissed off fiancee'

Thanks WHoopi!!!!! :grunt:

jiggyblau 08-14-01 10:39 AM

Originally posted by thejammy
so basically my fiancee' is going to get screwed because I bought her the Forrest Gump dvd that she loves and has been waiting for like 3 months. Because whoopi and her stupid flooz cannot hold steady, I will get one pissed off fiancee'

Thanks WHoopi!!!!! :grunt:

yes, we shall blame WHOOPI!!

In fact, I've started a petition to ban Whoopi from ever being a part of online adverti... OH yeah, sorry, I forgot. No anti-Whoopi petitions.

To answer the good Dr Evil, I think we have to attack B&N. Flooz has nothing to give, and I concur with LBPound23 that AG.com will simply give us back the $19.95 if our B&N attempts fail. So, I will use AG.com as a last resort if I need to. Anyway, we should mount a full-fledged attack on B&N. In principle, they have toyed with us, lied to us, and cheated us, all because they were involved in a business that was doomed to fail from the beginning. Flooz going down will cost B&N a lot of money. But they made the investment, and they made the mistake. Transferring their mistake to our pockets is wrong. Now let's get 'em--DVDTalk style.

LBPound 08-14-01 10:43 AM

Hey jiggyblau - is there an echo in the building? :D

jiggyblau 08-14-01 10:45 AM

Originally posted by LBPound23
Hey jiggyblau - is there an echo in the building? :D
yes, but only out of respect!

MrGoat00 08-14-01 10:53 AM

What Can we do? Get a Lawyer? Any Lawyers here that would like to offer their services to the DVDtalk community?

jonny#5 08-14-01 10:58 AM

Im not a lawyer, but i want a part of the revolt. They gave me nothing when I called him this morning... F them!

LBPound 08-14-01 10:58 AM

Originally posted by MrGoat00
What Can we do? Get a Lawyer? Any Lawyers here that would like to offer their services to the DVDtalk community?
Kinda unrelated, but remember that Phil Hartman lawyer sketch?

MYTH #3: You need an actual reason to sue somebody. FALSE.

I loved that sketch. We should get that lawyer (not Unfrozen Caveman lawyer, although he could be co-council).

Dr_Evil 08-14-01 11:31 AM

Ok lets go after BN. The email that was sent out with the flooz cancellation was [email protected] Lets get those emails going. Their website is still saying that they will honor flooz orders. I think I could have had a monkey edit the HTML by now. I think they are trying to save face with the customers who don't use flooz and are unaware of what is going on. They will see that and say, "wow that's really nice they would do that for the customers". So, get those emails going. I'll post the one I send once I'm done with it.

Dr_Evil
Brigadeir General of the DVDBargains Army

jonny#5 08-14-01 11:35 AM

Ive called and was told a supervisor will call me back (no one has yet), does someone else wanna try calling? They were rude and ignorant towards me.

jiggyblau 08-14-01 11:43 AM

Originally posted by Dr_Evil
Ok lets go after BN. The email that was sent out with the flooz cancellation was [email protected] Lets get those emails going. Their website is still saying that they will honor flooz orders. I think I could have had a monkey edit the HTML by now. I think they are trying to save face with the customers who don't use flooz and are unaware of what is going on. They will see that and say, "wow that's really nice they would do that for the customers". So, get those emails going. I'll post the one I send once I'm done with it.

Dr_Evil
Brigadeir General of the DVDBargains Army

I sent my email last night. I said it then and I knew it then...them telling me that my order was fine with no written proof was just not enough for me, so I sent an email. I'll certainly post if I hear anything from them, but as of yet, nothing. Please do email them though, if you have (had) outstanding orders with flooz. They need to hear it in stereo.

Originally posted by jonny#5
Ive called and was told a supervisor will call me back (no one has yet), does someone else wanna try calling? They were rude and ignorant towards me.
Yeah, we're not dealing with Amazon here. B&N isn't as enthrolled with their customers. Anyway, I'll call again, but not till I'm home from work. If I call from here, I'll get way too loud and obnoxious, and I don't want to make a scene!

chanster 08-14-01 11:46 AM

I am fricking pissed. I called up this morning, got the same bullcrap line of about, how they reserve flooz but don't take it. I DIDN"t know about the Web site info until I came here after.

I have never been treated like such crap before. I AM NOT going to be the one holding the bag on BN"s mistakes. I am in for anyone that wants to contact a lawyer about this. I have about $150 in purchases that BN is refusing to honor.

I talked to a supervisor, and I asked to talk to her supervisor, whereas she said that they will return my call. YEAH RIGHT BN DON"T INSULT MY INTELLIGENCE.

She said tons of people are calling in and complaining, and I was LIKE YEAH RIGHT, CUZ YA'LL SCREWED UP.

THIS TAKES THE CAKE FOR BAD CSR.

EDIT: THEY CALLED BACK AND SAID THEY WOULD HONOR THE ORDER.SEE BELOW.

jonny#5 08-14-01 12:19 PM

Just this second I got a call from a supervisor at bn.com, she said that......THEY WILL HONOR MY ORDER!!!!!!!!

I swear this isnt a joke. Looks like persistance and emails paid off. Its about time a company did the right thing. Now ill say- F Amazon!

Good luck to all!

LBPound 08-14-01 12:20 PM

Just this second I got a call from a supervisor at bn.com, she said that......THEY WILL HONOR MY ORDER!!!!!!!!

I swear this isnt a joke. Looks like persistance and emails paid off. Its about time a company did the right thing. Now ill say- F Amazon!

Good luck to all!

That's today, and tomorrow...?

Dr_Evil 08-14-01 12:21 PM

Good luck to all!

This pisses me off more then anything. I hate when they honor for some and not for others. Terrible, just terrible. Weill I better get my order now.

chanster 08-14-01 12:22 PM

Got the same call..thanks BN. I love you.
You are truly the best company out there.

thejammy 08-14-01 12:26 PM

looks like i better start calling :)

For all of those who are talking about a staged boycott.

WWW.PLANETFEEDBACK.COM

:D

LBPound 08-14-01 12:29 PM

how long does it take for them to respond to e-mails. i sent off a couple last night, i'm hoping to hear from them by the end of today. I don't feel like calling and hearing one thing OR the other.

jiggyblau 08-14-01 12:30 PM

Good Lord, what are they doing? They need to send out an email to everyone with their decision. Make a move, B&N! Show us you mean business. Show us you want us back as customers.

I really hope they don't just honor those who complain. That would be awfully dirty of them.

LBPound 08-14-01 12:32 PM

Someone who calls should suggest that they send out an e-mail to everyone saying forget the last e-mail...all your orders are good. tell them it will save everyone the trouble of bombarding them with calls.

Dr_Evil 08-14-01 12:34 PM

Originally posted by LBPound23
Someone who calls should suggest that they send out an e-mail to everyone saying forget the last e-mail...all your orders are good. tell them it will save everyone the trouble of bombarding them with calls.
I still think that unless you call and talk to the right person you aren't going to get anything. I sent a very harsh email to them just a few minutes ago. If I haven't heard from them by this time tomorrow, I will call again and demand to talk to everyone's supervisor.