DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Barnes & Noble cancel all Flooz orders!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/133658-barnes-noble-cancel-all-flooz-orders.html)

chanster 08-28-01 09:44 AM

Well, 6 DVD's that I had purchased finally shipped today. I had talked to BN on the first day, and was in the group of people that got their order changed.
Basically, you needed to get a new order number, because any numbers associated with the flooz would not go through, unless it seems, something else shipped.

It sounds like they have firmed up their responses, and the Flooz bankruptcy finally gives them another excuse not to fulfill the order.

FredLove 08-28-01 11:53 AM

I have three partially filled orders paid almost entirely with Flooz. Am I hearing that some of these partial orders are being shipped? I haven't received a shipping confirmation on Willy Wonka yet (I know I know, I was GOING to cancel my order for the full screen version, but after Flooz went down, I thought there was no point)

My orders are still up an "In Process". Could there be some contractual snag for them if they have already shipped part of the order?

Just thinking out loud.

murpm3 08-28-01 12:25 PM

FredLove.

I got a email from Barnes and Noble last night saying that my Willy Wonka DVD shipped....This was the 3rd of 3 DVDs that I ordered.

I however did choose 2 day shipping.

The trend seems to be people are getting the DVDs if some had already been sent out. I have a feeling you might get Wonka shipped but dont take my word for it. My order also said "In Process".

I also didnt cancel Wonka just because I didnt want to chance it getting canceled...So I am thinking I will watch it once and then sell it.

eagleal5 08-28-01 01:17 PM

Can anyone who paid by Flooz and has had thier order shipped/reinstated, please post your order number so I have proof when I call the CSRs that they are selectively sending out orders.
Thanks so much

juice21 08-28-01 01:32 PM

well after my second day on the phone with idiot B&N CSR's, I finally got them to reinstate my order. I got the new email, but it says that we've received your request to pay by phone. The manager I talked to said that they would use the corporate card for the order. Did anyone else, who got their godfather trilogy order reinstated, get an email response that said this? I am wondering if I should call back, or assume that it will go through with no charge to me like they said.

FredLove 08-28-01 02:39 PM

Originally posted by juice21
well after my second day on the phone with idiot B&N CSR's, I finally got them to reinstate my order. I got the new email, but it says that we've received your request to pay by phone. The manager I talked to said that they would use the corporate card for the order. Did anyone else, who got their godfather trilogy order reinstated, get an email response that said this? I am wondering if I should call back, or assume that it will go through with no charge to me like they said.
How did you do get them to reinstate your order? From what has posted here, they are tighter than a frog's ass.

Any tips or hot buttons to push would be appreciated.

zooiiks 08-28-01 02:51 PM

I just spoke with B&N, gave them my order number and was told: "Here's what's going to happen. We're going to send you out a new order confirmation and you will not be charged. It will be at our expense." 10 minutes later, the confirmation showed up and as was stated by juice, it's a phone confirmation thing. Weird. Here's the most bizarre thing of all...this is a confirmation for an OLD order that I received a few months ago! Not sure what to do since I'm a little wary of calling them back. The 3 discs are supposed to ship out within 24 hours, and being that I'm in NY, I should have next day service. Perhaps it's best to wait and see if I get anything. Very odd.

juice21 08-28-01 02:52 PM

Originally posted by FredLove

How did you do get them to reinstate your order? From what has posted here, they are tighter than a frog's ass.

Any tips or hot buttons to push would be appreciated.

i know this sounds dumb, but being persistant is the only thing i can say that really paid off. i had to talk to about 4 different people, and spent over 30 minutes on the phone. with getting the email that says we have recieved your phone order, i'm not sure if it is even fully resolved, but at least i have a reinstated order that they said i won't have to pay for. they tried to tell me that i would have to contact flooz, i said that they were no longer a company, so i couldn't. they gave me the whole 'how this would be like me cancelling my credit card', to which i replied, i had no choice that one of your professional affilated companies went out of business and cannot pay you. i told them that i understand that the payment has not be paid to them until my item ships, but i stated that the money has been taken from my account, and if it is in escrow between b&n and flooz, that is how they set up their payment, so why should i have to pay for this???

finally, the manager was going to transfer me to a special person who has been set aside to handle these flooz problems. after about being on hold for 3-4 minutes, the csr came back and told me that that person was not available, but that i would have a new email order confirmation with a new order # within 24 hours, and that the b&n corpate would pay for my order. well, as soon as i could check my email, it was already there, new order # and everything. of course, now i am wondering if it will work cause it says it is a payment by phone order. i was wondering if this is just how they have to do it as a default, since i am sure they haven't set up a 'your order is free' confirmation email. OH, one key thing, before getting this done, i asked who i could contact above the manager to complain to and have this ridiculous business situation resolved, and asked for his name again, and the spelling. i don't know if this worried him or not, but after that, he told me about the 'special' person to talk to and i got my order reinstated. i was just hoping to try to get to talk to someone else, but keep trying to go above the person's head who you are talking to, and hopefully it will work! i hope that we all get our order's to go through. they were pretty stern about the 'too bad' kind of policies, but don't talk to a gregular csr, get a manager, and if they are dumb about it, try to go above their heads. i hope it pays off, and i hope this long post helps someone out!

juice21 08-28-01 02:55 PM

Originally posted by zooiiks
I just spoke with B&N, gave them my order number and was told: "Here's what's going to happen. We're going to send you out a new order confirmation and you will not be charged. It will be at our expense." 10 minutes later, the confirmation showed up and as was stated by juice, it's a phone confirmation thing. Weird. Here's the most bizarre thing of all...this is a confirmation for an OLD order that I received a few months ago! Not sure what to do since I'm a little wary of calling them back. The 3 discs are supposed to ship out within 24 hours, and being that I'm in NY, I should have next day service. Perhaps it's best to wait and see if I get anything. Very odd.
I would wait and see, if you get the same order shipped again, that is their fault, and i can't see them trying to charge you for their mistake. If they ship it, are you still missing out on another order? I would wait it out a couple of days and see what happens. If you don't get a shipment confirmation within the week, i would try again.

Dr_Evil 08-28-01 11:23 PM

when you call the phone number they give you for the phone order, it will tell you it has already been paid by a MasterCard Last 4 digits 8001. This happened to myself and a few others who got new order numbers. If you look back a page in the thread, you can find some other people getting the same thing. Looks like your DVD's will be shipped. :thumbsup:

juice21 08-29-01 06:03 AM

Originally posted by Dr_Evil
when you call the phone number they give you for the phone order, it will tell you it has already been paid by a MasterCard Last 4 digits 8001. This happened to myself and a few others who got new order numbers. If you look back a page in the thread, you can find some other people getting the same thing. Looks like your DVD's will be shipped. :thumbsup:
I just called to check if this was true for my order, but i went through everything, up to entering my CC# and it never said that it was already paid for. Is this because my order is a pre-order, and it hasn't shipped yet? Does it say it has already been paid for for orders that have shipped?

bertbarndoor 08-29-01 01:28 PM

Below is the final email that I received from B&N regarding this entire fiasco. Please note the particular disdain for DVD customers eluded to by B&N in the 3rd paragraph. -Rob
---------------------------------

Dear Customer:

We received your email regarding your order #BN294#####. Every word you wrote was read and understood. Most customers have understood that we have not been paid for this merchandise (Flooz dollars are not real currency), or for a great deal of merchandise that has already been shipped.

Your order has been canceled. Your unused Flooz dollars have been unreserved from your Flooz account, and will be available for you if and when Flooz.com, Inc resumes business. It is unlikely however that Barnes & Noble.com will be able to honor Flooz dollars again in the future.

If you do prepare a case study, you may wish to note that the most vitrolic correspondence and compliants regarding this unfortunate situation are from customers ordering DVD's. They outnumber the customers ordering all other types of merchandise combined.

Any questions or concerns regarding your Flooz.com, Inc account should be addressed to [email protected].

We offer you around-the-clock support. Simply e-mail us at
[email protected] or call 1-800-The-Book (1-800-843-2665). If you are calling from outside the United States, dial 201-272-3651.

Sincerely,

George B.

Customer Service Representative
Barnes & Noble.com
1-800-THE-BOOK
AOL Keyword: bn
http://www.bn.com

chanster 08-29-01 01:43 PM

Wow. Were you rude in them to your original email? Just because we are standing up for our rights, they are singling us out. That is a typical CSR way of throwing something back in your face.

juice21 08-29-01 02:33 PM

damn, that is harsh. i wonder if george b. just flew off the handle, and that should have never really gone out. a bit insulting and harsh for a professional to be responding to a consumer.

dvd-fisherman 08-29-01 09:45 PM

So they figured out that there are more dvd purchasers than any other kind. Is that a problem?

Dr_Evil 08-29-01 10:36 PM

Originally posted by juice21

I just called to check if this was true for my order, but i went through everything, up to entering my CC# and it never said that it was already paid for. Is this because my order is a pre-order, and it hasn't shipped yet? Does it say it has already been paid for for orders that have shipped?

No I had a preorder for the Godfather and Memento. I just dialed the number and followed the menus and eventually it said that it had already been paid for. You may want to call a CSR again to verify the payment if it is asking for a credit card.

juice21 08-30-01 06:16 AM

Originally posted by Dr_Evil

No I had a preorder for the Godfather and Memento. I just dialed the number and followed the menus and eventually it said that it had already been paid for. You may want to call a CSR again to verify the payment if it is asking for a credit card.

guess it's time to get back on the phone
-confused-

MonkeyG 09-04-01 11:38 AM

Originally posted by bertbarndoor
Below is the final email that I received from B&N regarding this entire fiasco. Please note the particular disdain for DVD customers eluded to by B&N in the 3rd paragraph. -Rob
---------------------------------

Dear Customer:

We received your email regarding your order #BN294#####. Every word you wrote was read and understood. Most customers have understood that we have not been paid for this merchandise (Flooz dollars are not real currency), or for a great deal of merchandise that has already been shipped.

Your order has been canceled. Your unused Flooz dollars have been unreserved from your Flooz account, and will be available for you if and when Flooz.com, Inc resumes business. It is unlikely however that Barnes & Noble.com will be able to honor Flooz dollars again in the future.

If you do prepare a case study, you may wish to note that the most vitrolic correspondence and compliants regarding this unfortunate situation are from customers ordering DVD's. They outnumber the customers ordering all other types of merchandise combined.

Any questions or concerns regarding your Flooz.com, Inc account should be addressed to [email protected].

We offer you around-the-clock support. Simply e-mail us at
[email protected] or call 1-800-The-Book (1-800-843-2665). If you are calling from outside the United States, dial 201-272-3651.

Sincerely,

George B.

Customer Service Representative
Barnes & Noble.com
1-800-THE-BOOK
AOL Keyword: bn
http://www.bn.com

Wow, didn't realize this thread was still going. Bert, I would post the final letter you received, in it's entirety, on planetfeedback.com, that letter is harsher than a regular consumer correspondence letter.

mclori 09-10-01 06:43 PM

I just went over to bn.com to check to see if my orders were cancelled. They're both listed as still "Processing" (both are preorders). Is everyone else in the same boat with their orders listed as "Processing?" I thought all the orders with flooz were supposed to be cancelled a few weeks ago.

<gasp>Did they lie to us again?<gasp>

Lori

stevevt 09-10-01 09:14 PM

I'm closing this thread because it's approaching the maximum allowable length.

Please feel free to continue the discussion in the new thread, Barnes & Noble cancels all Flooz orders... Part II here:

http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread....hreadid=141102

-stevevt