DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Barnes & Noble cancel all Flooz orders!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/133658-barnes-noble-cancel-all-flooz-orders.html)

David_M 08-13-01 10:44 PM

I just got off the phone with a CSR at customer service to. At first it sounded like I wasn't going to get anything, but after directing him to the statement about Flooz on the website, he put me on hold for about 5 mins then came back on and said they could process the order but they would need a credit card number. He said my credit card wouldn't be debited but since flooz isn't a valid payment option anymore the computers were rejecting them.

I would call right away if you had just setup a account with B&N to spend your Flooz and didn't give a credit card number.

But I'd watch your credit card when your item ships to make sure they don't charge you so you can dispute the charge.

CrazeeDonkee 08-13-01 11:06 PM

God, I called and they kept telling me all this crap. Basically, they wouldn't give me my order and kept telling me Flooz is the "bad guy." I talked to a normal CS person & a supervisor.

I guess I'll call again tomorrow or I'll be keeping their $180 of books.

hawksong 08-14-01 12:23 AM

I just called them and as soon as she saw the order was paid with Flooz she said, "We're entering all of the flooz orders in manually." She then said that the emails that were sent out were a mistake and that I wouldn't be charged more than I'd agreed to when I placed the order. She also said they are working closely with Flooz to get it sorted out. She seemed well aware of the situation. I had pre-ordered Forrest Gump and The Princess Bride. I guess I'll know in a few weeks if my orders are charged properly.

Pasolini 08-14-01 01:23 AM

donkee -

hell, i'd probably just keep the books! If you are only out one dvd, you'd be doing better. Why not check on Half.com & see how much you could sell those books for (then figure out how many dvd's you could buy w/ that money).

jiggyblau 08-14-01 07:14 AM

Just passed a bn.com tractor trailer on my way to work. Thought it kind of odd that I'd see it today for the first time. It was pulled over to the side of the road. It would have been an easy takeover if I wanted it.

Sorry, just needed to mention that random fact.

Dr_Evil 08-14-01 07:22 AM

You would think that if the email was a mistake they would send out a correction email. It would save them a lot of time dealing with customers who call in. The fact that they haven't done this leads me to believe that if you don't call in you probably won't get your order. That said, I'll be calling in over my lunch break to fix my order.

jonny#5 08-14-01 07:44 AM

I just got off the phone with a BN.com rep. They said that all orders placed with flooz are being cancelled. I asked for a supervisor, and she said that she would have to call me back. Im very pissed. Any thoughts?

LBPound 08-14-01 07:51 AM

Nothing like solid, clear information from a reputable e-tailer.

jiggyblau 08-14-01 07:55 AM

Originally posted by Dr_Evil
You would think that if the email was a mistake they would send out a correction email. It would save them a lot of time dealing with customers who call in. The fact that they haven't done this leads me to believe that if you don't call in you probably won't get your order. That said, I'll be calling in over my lunch break to fix my order.
Yeah, that's true. Only thing is, I called, I was told it will be ok, and I still don't feel confident about it even though I asked the CSR to email me a confirmation (which of course she hasn't). I then fired off an email asking for some sort of tangible written confirmation. I'll post if I receive anything.

LostHiWay 08-14-01 07:58 AM

Originally posted by jonny#5
I just got off the phone with a BN.com rep. They said that all orders placed with flooz are being cancelled. I asked for a supervisor, and she said that she would have to call me back. Im very pissed. Any thoughts?
I just got off the phone also and got the exact same thing. This sucks!!!

jiggyblau 08-14-01 08:02 AM

Originally posted by LostHiWay

I just got off the phone also and got the exact same thing. This sucks!!!

I don't understand this. I talked to a rep last night. I didn't even let her speak before I told her about the email and then read verbatem from their help page about honoring all orders. She didn't even say anything for about 10 seconds. I had to ask if she was there. She said yes. Then she told me the orders would be fine. This doesn't seem very "B&N" to give two completely different responses. Anyway, call again, and read them what they have on their help page (unless you already did)....before they remove it! (They can, and very easily.)

jonny#5 08-14-01 08:07 AM

Im on right now with a "lead rep" at bn.com and I had to tell her about the honoring the flooz news as posted on their site. This is horsesh@t. Sounds like they are all clueless.
The rep now tells me that this is an error and this flooz info SHOULD NOT be on the site. What can we do?

jiggyblau 08-14-01 08:10 AM

Originally posted by jonny#5
Im on right now with a "lead rep" at bn.com and I had to tell her about the honoring the flooz news as posted on their site. This is horsesh@t. Sounds like they are all clueless.
The rep now tells me that this is an error and this flooz info SHOULD NOT be on the site. What can we do?

but IT IS on the site

What is this? DVDWave?

jonny#5 08-14-01 08:13 AM

Ok, just yelled at an ignorant rep. The bottom line is that we are not getting our items. I dont know what else we can do. She said her supervisor would call me back.

LBPound 08-14-01 08:22 AM

I certainly saved the page in case they change it. They can't get away with this, really. Just because the item is not in stock, our Flooz is no good? That's flight surgeon horseshit.

mmconhea 08-14-01 08:32 AM

i didn't get a cancellation yet. half my order shipped and another half should have shipped yesterday. No word on cancellation.

Dr_Evil 08-14-01 08:36 AM

Just got off the phone with a CSR and a supervisor. Flooz is not paying Barnes & Noble.com for any orders that are still outstanding. The supervisor said that the comment on the help page was placed there before they knew that flooz would not be paying them. They are now in the process of taking it off their website. (how long does this take? honestly, isn't it just a simple delete save upload?) Anyway, she said my order had already been cancelled and that I should take it up with flooz. From the way she sounded I don't think anyone is getting in on this. Even if you got a confirmation after the email, if you don't have anything written, I'm pretty sure you won't be getting anything. This sucks big time. There goes $75.06 in flooz out the fscking window. She said that flooz is putting together some customer appeasement plan, but I think she was just trying to make it not sound so bad. She also said that even though my order was placed July 11, they do not actually charge flooz until the order ships. The money is removed form our flooz account, so that flooz doesn't have to hassle with customers overcharging their flooz account. So it looks like BN is just trying not to bite the big one on this and that's why they have to cancel. All things considered, this just sucks. So who wants to call flooz and see if we can get som restituion for our money?

vdg 08-14-01 08:39 AM

Flooz money returned to Flooz???

OK..I spoke with a supervisor and she said the statment from the web site has been removed(or it's going to be..) and all the Flooz that hasn't been used it's going to be RETURNED back to Flooz, so I should contact Flooz to get my money back...

big BS...:(...we should do something about it.. a lawsuit or something?

Ps: I just saw this NEW statement about the Flooz
"At this time, it appears unlikely that they will be able to return. If you have questions about unspent Flooz dollars please contact Flooz directly. Their customer service department is available only via e-mail at [email protected]. "

nekobus 08-14-01 08:39 AM

It sounds like the left hand of Barnes & Noble is trying to figure what the right hand is doing.

I ordered several DVDs with all my promo flooz right away last month and they kept pushing back the shipping date on all of them because of a delay in receiving one disc. They were all linked together because of the free shipping deal. After a couple of more delays in the last disc, they finally partial shipped the rest and they finally shipped the last disc last week.

I hope this works out for people. I'm a little soured on B&N for DVD purchases after "2-3 days" turned into a couple of weeks. I'll be sticking with the Planet and Bestprices after this.

LBPound 08-14-01 08:42 AM

If this is true, I have to go get my $20 back from American Greetings, and I'll have lost a total of around $100 in "free" Flooz.

LBPound 08-14-01 08:45 AM

Pay by Flooz

Flooz is no longer able to process transactions, and we have removed them from our site. However, as a committment to our customers, we will honor purchases already made at Barnes & Noble.com with Flooz dollars.

At this time, it appears unlikely that they will be able to return. If you have questions about unspent Flooz dollars please contact Flooz directly. Their customer service department is available only via e-mail at [email protected].
That doesn't say anything about Flooz paying them. It says that B&N is going to honor the purchases as a "committment to customers". And they say the e-mails were a mistake. They're just as bad as Flooz and Warner in terms of misinformation and lies.

murpm3 08-14-01 08:46 AM

I am so pissed about this....I just got my cancelation last night. I actually got one DVD shipped to me before they canceled the order. Now I am not getting Goonies and Wonka for free though.

Bastards. Last time I shopped at B&N.

jiggyblau 08-14-01 08:47 AM

Originally posted by Dr_Evil
Just got off the phone with a CSR and a supervisor. Flooz is not paying Barnes & Noble.com for any orders that are still outstanding. The supervisor said that the comment on the help page was placed there before they knew that flooz would not be paying them. They are now in the process of taking it off their website. (how long does this take? honestly, isn't it just a simple delete save upload?) Anyway, she said my order had already been cancelled and that I should take it up with flooz. From the way she sounded I don't think anyone is getting in on this. Even if you got a confirmation after the email, if you don't have anything written, I'm pretty sure you won't be getting anything. This sucks big time. There goes $75.06 in flooz out the fscking window. She said that flooz is putting together some customer appeasement plan, but I think she was just trying to make it not sound so bad. She also said that even though my order was placed July 11, they do not actually charge flooz until the order ships. The money is removed form our flooz account, so that flooz doesn't have to hassle with customers overcharging their flooz account. So it looks like BN is just trying not to bite the big one on this and that's why they have to cancel. All things considered, this just sucks. So who wants to call flooz and see if we can get som restituion for our money?
So their stance will be to penalize all people who made preorders with the flooz? Interesting solution. This way, at least they only lost a little bit of money (or none). Well, I will promise one thing...it will take a great deal from B&N to make this happen. They will lose many on- and offline customers, and they will fall into the ranks of the shunned stores to shop in. If they weren't going to honor the flooz, they should not have advertised that they would. It's their fault if they jumped the gun and assumed flooz would come through. They're lucky that others who had flooz left in their accounts didn't spend it there! And after telling me on the phone no more than 10 hours ago that my orders will ship normally, they really had better watch what they do next.

This thread is laughable. Just look at all the varied responses we've been getting until the latest batch. With their high prices, lack of incentives, poor customer service, and even poorer methods of dealing with these situations, who's going to shop there?

FredLove 08-14-01 08:49 AM

I think this goes without saying, but I will say it anyway: If B&N doesn't accept my preorder that I paid for with Flooz, I will NEVER place an order with B&N again!!!

As others have been saying, the flooz was removed from my account and as far as I am concerned, my transactions were paid for in full. Don't give me that crap about when the money was actually transfered from flooz to B&N. I don't care!! I could have used that flooz to buy something else, but it was unavailable to me because B&N had it!

Ahhhhh, I feel a bit better now. Thanks

clappj 08-14-01 08:51 AM

I just got off the phone with a Supervisor, and she said that dispite their "Committment to Customers" claim regarding Flooz orders being honored was before they realized that they were not going to be able to get the money from preapproved orders from Flooz for orders already placed.

Now all pre-ordered items with any amount of Flooz "applied" to them are being canceled, and customers will be required to submit an alternate form of payment to substitute for the Flooz.

I was on the phone for over half an hour. I explained that I'd already spoken with a CSR who'd verified that my order was processed. I explained about the claim that their website made. I spoke calmly and intelligently about how I was a loyal customer who deserved to to have this taken care of (by them). Nothing had any effect on her stance on this matter.

I asked her if I could quote her on the fact that it's now B&N opinion that contrary to everything that they've told their customers, both verbally and in written form, that it is now every customers responsibility to resolve this matter with Flooz. She said yes.

Talk about a total lack of "committment to customer service!"

Even though she was a supervisor, I asked her if there was anyone higher up that I could speak with. She put me on hold for about ten minutes before coming back and telling me that no matter who I spoke with, I was going to get the same answer.

Looks like we're all SOL for now.

I did get an address for customer relations that I plan to mail a copy of their web page, with the "commitment to the customer" claim regarding orders already placed with Flooz, along with a brief history of my problem with them.

Alone my gripe may not mean much to them, but together we can possibly make a difference. :)

The address, is anyone wants it, is:

100 Plaza
2nd Floor
Secacus, NJ 07094