Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Barnes & Noble cancel all Flooz orders!!

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Barnes & Noble cancel all Flooz orders!!

Old 08-19-01, 01:57 AM
Hoc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by LBPound23
This is so illegal what B & N is doing...re-instating some people's orders, but not everyone's?! Hoc, this is some BS you gotz to take care of.
Well, I sent the letter on the day I did, but I gave B&N a week to respond. It has not yet been a week and I have heard nothing, which is a bit unusual. If the response was "we're not doing anything," I would have expected a letter back from the B&N legal dept. within a day or so. Reinstating all flooz orders on the ground that "flooz is going back up" is a way for them to take care of the problem while saving face and avoiding an expensive lawsuit with no upside for them. Let's hope they take that way out.

I would rather have them simply reinstate the orders than have to pursue them in court and give them no way out other than to reinstate the orders and pay my costs and attorneys' fees a year after the fact. So, they've got a week to figure out what they're doing.
Old 08-19-01, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just noticed that Milesource has added the flooz option again after pulling it last week. I'm not cashing out for them but maybe it's a good sign.
Old 08-19-01, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So is tomorrow the day we find out?
Old 08-20-01, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well its Monday, no flooz yet...
Old 08-20-01, 08:28 AM

Wow, shocker. Flooz still isn't up.

We will never find out, that message will just stay on Flooz.com forever probably.
Old 08-20-01, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Does anyone here really expect them to come back? I try to be optimistic with this type of stuff, but the possibility of this happening seems positively unlikely to me. I'm just curious how many people truly believe what Flooz has told its merchants.
Old 08-20-01, 10:23 AM

If I were B&N and flooz started working again, I wouldn't accept their money anymore after the customer service nightmare flooz subjected B&N, and all the other merchants to.

I used to work for an outsourced call center company, and I learned there that the typical call answered by CSRs costs companies an average of $12. Now this is probably much less for companies that have their own CS staff... but it still goes to show you that even if they don't give you the DVD's you deserve, they probably lost money on each order where people called in and complained.

So the moral is, keep calling and at least have the satisfaction of knowing that you lost money, but so did they.
Old 08-20-01, 06:54 PM

I just got a email saying Goonies is shipping....How weird they said they were gonna cancel it but it seems like my order is gonna keep on coming...There is just 1 more DVD on my order that will ship on the 28th. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 08-20-01, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Where is this flooz payment from bn? Anyone hear that bn will accept this?

Lies, lies, I tell you.
Old 08-20-01, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Now Milesource has pulled the flooz again now that they have a newly designed web page. It was looking hopeful for a moment there, now all hope I had is gone.
Old 08-21-01, 08:49 AM

Originally posted by Don Catchpole
Now Milesource has pulled the flooz again now that they have a newly designed web page. It was looking hopeful for a moment there, now all hope I had is gone.
Everyone should go to planetfeedback.com and post a complaint letter to bn.com. I've had success in the past using them. UPS was very helpful after I posted a complaint on that site.
Old 08-21-01, 08:55 AM
Banned

They seem to be shipping me SOTL? charging credit card?

Weird. They combined my orders and put me under phone order........ now they are sending a movie?

What to do?
Old 08-21-01, 09:40 AM

Originally posted by CitizenX
They seem to be shipping me SOTL? charging credit card?

Weird. They combined my orders and put me under phone order........ now they are sending a movie?

What to do?
Wait, they seem to be charging your CC, or they seem to be accepting Flooz? If that item is going to ship and they intend to charge you, you should probably contact them. In fact, I'd contact them anyway. Keep us updated.
Old 08-21-01, 09:42 AM
Banned

They have no credit card to charge. I will wait and see if i receive it then I will call.. There are two other DVD's in october GF and Terminator.

Maybe I will get this one free.

I will post my findings.
Old 08-22-01, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dear Customer:

We received your email regarding your order #BN29365509. When you
placed
your order using Flooz dollars, the amount of the order was deducted
from your Flooz account, however the merchandise was not paid for at
that point. After the merchandise is shipped, it is then actually paid
for by Flooz.com, Inc.

Regrettably, Flooz.com, Inc is no longer honoring their obligations,
which therefore has required Barnes & Noble.com to stop accepting Flooz
dollars as payment for orders; and to halt processing on all existing
orders which utilized Flooz dollars. Open orders placed with Flooz
dollars have been suspended and currently appear as "In Process" under
the Order Status. Suspended orders will be canceled on or after August
24, 2001 unless reinstated by the customer.

No customers have received special treatment in this situation. If you
check our help page you will see that Barnes & Noble credit card is a
Barnes & Noble MasterCard® Credit Card issued by MBNA. It is a regular
MasterCard like any other MasterCard and provides no special treatment.
Since suspension of all Flooz orders, no Flooz order has been
reinstated
unless an alternate form of payment has been provided by the customer.
Your order will not be reinstated without an alternate form of payment.

You may reinstate your order by authorizing another form of payment
(such as Credit Card or Gift Certificate). You can call us at
1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) Monday-Friday between 8am and 5pm EST
and ask to speak with a Special Payment Processing Customer Service
Representative. If you live outside the US please call 201-272-3651.

If you prefer to reinstate your order via email, please send your order
number, credit card number, expiration date, and billing address to
[email protected].

Your unused Flooz dollars will be returned to your Flooz account, which
will be available for you if and when Flooz.com, Inc resumes business.
It is unlikely however that Barnes & Noble.com will be able to honor
Flooz dollars again in the future.

Any questions or concerns regarding your Flooz.com, Inc account should
be addressed to [email protected].

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may
have caused you and we appreciate your understanding that these
circumstances were beyond our control.

We offer you around-the-clock support. Simply e-mail us at
[email protected] or call 1-800-The-Book (1-800-843-2665). If you are
calling from outside the United States, dial 201-272-3651.

Your business is important to us. Please visit us soon at www.bn.com.

Sincerely,

George B.

Customer Service Representative
Barnes & Noble.com
1-800-THE-BOOK
AOL Keyword: bn
http://www.bn.com
Old 08-22-01, 08:23 AM

I got the same email. Is everyone getting these emails?
Old 08-22-01, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

LBPound23, you might try this: call and when you receive a csr immediately ask for a team leader, when you receive a team leader ask for their supervisor's full name and email address, and then contact them.

I did this after being given the runaround for over a week and received an email with a new order # within 24 hours. The release date is in 3 weeks, if my order actually ships and I am not charged I will post both old and new order #'s for all to refer to.
Old 08-22-01, 10:29 AM

LBPound23, after reading your post, I don't think I've ever been angrier at an online (or offline) merchant. Talk about a petition worthy cause! My friends, B&N.com has to go down. Hard. They lie, they cheat, they make contracts with stupid companies, they lie, they give special treatment, they deny, they lie... It goes on and on. I believe we should likely all contact the BBB and make sure that we support to its fullest extent what Hoc is trying to do. I really still can't get over that email. Why don't they just crap in our dinner and make us eat it too? Or maybe they deserve the rights to our first born because Flooz alienated them. Boy, it sure must be nice to be this company and not give a damn about the repurcussions of anything they do.

Sorry about the vent, but this is just crazy.
Old 08-22-01, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
I think what Tuco said makes the most sense. That is essentially what I did and I got a new order number. Just keep asking to speak to someone who is above the person you are talking to. Once you get a name or extension or an email, bombard them with coorespondences until they give in. When I still did not have a new order number, I emailed at least 3 times a day and called at least once. Eventually it will work out. Let them know that you are definetly aware that they have been fulfilling some orders, tell them the last four digits of their Mastercard that they've been using to pay for the new orders and tell them you can forward them a confirmation from someone who's order was reinstated. Make sure you keep telling them that the payment issue is between flooz and B&N, and don't let them tell you otherwise. Don't give up until you get the new confirmation. I don't know how many times I was told my order would be put through and it wasn't. Good luck to all, don't wait for something to happen, you have to make something happen.
Old 08-22-01, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Tuco
LBPound23, you might try this: call and when you receive a csr immediately ask for a team leader, when you receive a team leader ask for their supervisor's full name and email address, and then contact them.

I did this after being given the runaround for over a week and received an email with a new order # within 24 hours. The release date is in 3 weeks, if my order actually ships and I am not charged I will post both old and new order #'s for all to refer to.
Perhaps you could just send the supervisor's e-mail address to me: [email protected] ? Thanks. I'll have no prob bombarding them with e-mail. My e-mails are getting longer and more irate.
Old 08-22-01, 01:41 PM

Originally posted by Tuco

I'd like that supervisor's full name and email address if you don't mind giving it to me. Send it to [email protected]. Thanks in advance. Also if you have the last 4 digits of the CC number they used, I'll mention it to them and see if they're more receptive to fixing this problem.
Old 08-22-01, 05:28 PM

I know it is alot of trouble, but if you could email me that Supervisor's name and email, I also would greatly appreciate it. My Email
Old 08-22-01, 05:39 PM

I feel so dirty doing this, it's like whoring myself out to whoever is willing to e-mail me the info. It's like we should start some kind of supervisor e-mail tree or something....
[email protected]
Old 08-22-01, 08:20 PM

I think we probably should not supply everyone with the same names and emails of supervisors. First of all, if we're giving all the problems to one supervisor, it will take awhile. Also, if I recall correctly, when Dr_Evil tried to give us the email of the person who helped him, he wouldn't help anyone else. I guess it won't hurt to try, but this is just a heads up that they might not accept it. By the way, I just got off the phone doing exactly what was suggested above, and I got a name and email in less than 5 minutes. Now I will assault them in email form. Again, good luck to all.
Old 08-22-01, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They changed the flooz front page finally! But unfortunatly all they did was take off the apology. "we apologize for any inconvience this may have caused you." is missing ... Apparently they're not sorry anymore

Let's face it guys, its not coming back. If BN won't back them, NO ONE will....

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.