Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Problems with HKflix.com

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Problems with HKflix.com

Old 07-05-01, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took advantage of dvdtalk's promotion with HKflix to order several dvd's.

One of the dvd's arrived loose in it's case. It is scratched up pretty good.

When I emailed customer service, they told me that they wouldn't replace it unless it wouldn't play on my player.

Does this sound right? I've never had any problems anywhere else replacing damaged discs.

What do you guys think?
Old 07-05-01, 07:17 PM
Cool New Member

does the dvd play? If it's scratched up, I doubt it would, or it might skip a lot. If it's scratched up, this counts as damaged and they should exchange it.
Old 07-05-01, 09:31 PM

The way the csr explained it to me, was that they don't exchange "damaged" discs, they only replace "defective" discs.

And in order for it to be "defective" it has to fail to play on two different players. They actually ask you which two players you tried to play the disc on!

I haven't played the disc on my player. I want an undamaged disc.

I think that these people are nuts.
Old 07-05-01, 10:13 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
contact your credit card company...and let them deal with hkflix..you did not get what you ordered..
Old 07-07-01, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Put a big damn scratch on it so it won't play on any DVD player.
Old 07-07-01, 01:57 PM

I got a disc loose in its case from dddhouse.com, and Im sure they would replace it, (good customer service) but instead of sending it back to hong kong, I used some of that scratch remover stuff on it, and it seems to have worked fine.

James
Old 07-13-01, 03:14 AM

Response from HKFLIX

Please allow me to respond to this issue. Our reasoning is that if a DVD plays correctly in your DVD player, it is not defective. If a DVD is not defective and works like it should, then why should it be replaced? We have tried to offer the most rational return policy: If it is broke, it will be replaced. Please realize that we deal with hundreds of customers. Some customers want us to replace a DVD if the hologram sealing a Universe disk is not attached properly. We have to draw a line somewhere, and our management has decided to replace only defective disks. However, should this policy not be to your satisfaction, please contact customer service again, and tell them that "Jeff said I could exchange it" and you won't have a problem. Please contact me if you have any questions; 541-543-6396 / [email protected]

Cheers,
Jeff
Old 07-17-01, 01:28 AM

Thanks Jeff, for your response.

I believe that what I'm asking for is reasonable.

I shall request another rma number tomorrow.

Ken
Old 07-17-01, 03:06 AM

No Problem

Not a problem Ken. We aim to please.

Jeff
HKFLIX.com
Old 07-17-01, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I checked this place out but they are about 5 bucks more than all the other e0tailers..why buy from them??
Old 07-17-01, 08:09 AM

Not True

Our prices our competitive with all the major USA-based e-tailers, so it would be an incorrect to say our prices are about $5 more than "all the other e-tailers." If you're comfortable buying from HK, then that is probably the best route for you. Our customer base tends to appreciate the shopping experience and convenience of dealing with a store in the USA. Obviously, many DVDTalk members have different priorities and that is fine. Also many of our products are not available from any of the HK stores. So in a nutshell, that is why people buy from us.

Jeff
HKFLIX.com
Old 07-17-01, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by dablueguy
Put a big damn scratch on it so it won't play on any DVD player.
While you're at it, scatch the message "now it doesn't play a-hole" on it, that should get their attention.

Old 07-17-01, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Jeff-I stand behind my claim on your prices ..sorry--I can make a list of the films I searched for on your site that were 5 bucks or so more..Im not trying to be a dick here but dont say my claim is unfounded because I can prove it ( ieouldnt post the claim otherwise)
Old 07-17-01, 01:51 PM

Perhaps a few

Perhaps a few are that much more, but your original post made it seem that the average, or at the very least--many DVDs were $5 more than every competitor. Just as a few DVDs are more, many DVDs are less. For example, we have the lowest prices of ANY web site on WA DVDs. We have the lowest price on Drunken Master 2, We have the best deal going on on Fist of Legend and the DVDs in our clearance center are the best deal of any of the USA retailers. If any DVD is priced $5 than our USA competition, this is definitely an anomaly. In fact, I'd sincerely appreciate if if you could email me a list of these DVDs, so we can go ahead and lower the price so we can beat our competition.

Thanks!

Jeff
HKFLIX.com
[email protected]
Old 07-17-01, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Perhaps a few

Originally posted by HKFLIXdotcom
Perhaps a few are that much more, but your original post made it seem that the average, or at the very least--many DVDs were $5 more than every competitor. Just as a few DVDs are more, many DVDs are less. For example, we have the lowest prices of ANY web site on WA DVDs. We have the lowest price on Drunken Master 2, We have the best deal going on on Fist of Legend and the DVDs in our clearance center are the best deal of any of the USA retailers. If any DVD is priced $5 than our USA competition, this is definitely an anomaly. In fact, I'd sincerely appreciate if if you could email me a list of these DVDs, so we can go ahead and lower the price so we can beat our competition.

Thanks!

Jeff
HKFLIX.com
[email protected]
Look people, this guy's for real. He cares about customers. Kudos to Jeff at HKFLIX.com

PS. I was joking about the scratch remark I made earlier.
Old 07-17-01, 05:40 PM
Banned

Re: Perhaps a few

Originally posted by HKFLIXdotcom

Thanks!

Jeff
HKFLIX.com
[email protected]
for fist of legend, there's a better deal on ebay. one of the dutch auctions is less
Old 07-17-01, 06:43 PM

Yes, but we have free shipping

With our free shipping (DVDTalk Special), our price is approximately the same as the price on eBay, I believe. However, we are very familiar with [email protected] and if you like eBay, we encourage you to purchase from him also!

Sincerely,
Jeff
HKFlix.com
Old 07-17-01, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hkflix.com lowered the prices over the weekend. so there you go.
i have my first order coming soon. we'll see!
Old 07-17-01, 07:06 PM

Retroactive price guarantee

Also, it should be noted that if you preordered this disk for $39.99, you will receive a $5 store credit. This is part of our Retroactive Price Guarantee. To claim your credit, just go to our FOL product page. There is a link to the appropriate form on that page.

Cheers!
Jeff
HKFLIX.com
Old 07-17-01, 09:03 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by Deke Rivers
Jeff-I stand behind my claim on your prices ..sorry--I can make a list of the films I searched for on your site that were 5 bucks or so more..Im not trying to be a dick here but dont say my claim is unfounded because I can prove it ( ieouldnt post the claim otherwise)

I agree. There are a lot that are $5 more, and many that are $2 to $3 more. I'm not just talking about one U.S. competitor. I'm talking about 3 to 4 competitors. I'd make a list, but that's not my job. I'm much too busy at work as it is. I just want people to get the most bang for their buck, instead of listening to one guy promoting his company. Just compare prices, and you'll know what I'm talking about.
Old 07-17-01, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

one example ( I too do not feel it is my job to do price research for someones company)
Return Of The Five Deadly Venoms
22.95!!!! at HK

The price range on this one at most etailers ranged from 13.99 to 15.99...
Old 07-17-01, 09:44 PM

Pricing

We are reducing the price of "The Return Of The Five Deadly Venoms" to $19.95 to match or beat most of our competitors. You need to realize that this is an American DVD and it is very difficult to match Amazon's price of $16.99. We carry this title for completeness' sake only.

Our core competency is sourcing products from China, Taiwan, (and soon) Korea at prices that beat everyone else. This we do well.

We are also in the process of reducing the prices of many Hong Kong titles to beat the main USA competition. Through DVDTalk, we will continue to bring you unique specials at fantastic prices.

Jeff
HKFLIX.com