Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

How is BestPrices.com?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

How is BestPrices.com?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-01, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How is BestPrices.com in terms of reliability and customer-service?
Old 07-01-01, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I've used them twice in the past few months, and both orders were processed and mailed quickly, and the correct amount was charged to my CC. Can't really ask for more than that.....
Old 07-01-01, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any coupons for for first timers? Shipping seems a little high at 3.50 + 1.00 for each additional title.
Old 07-01-01, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I believe the question about coupons was asked before. They stated that they don't offer coupons because they considered their prices to be competetive enough. I use them as a good source for anime titles. I've ordered from them several times before and had good service, however backordered items tend to take a month to fulfill.
Old 07-02-01, 09:52 AM

I'm still waiting to hear from them on a $174.00 overcharge. I'll let you know.
Old 07-11-01, 07:25 AM

They seem to be over a week behind on their e-mail and hopelessly behind on their voice mail. I think their two customer service reps are swamped.
Old 07-12-01, 01:04 PM
Cool New Member

I been ordering from them for 8 months and I spend a few thousand of dollars on them. The past three order from them was undesirable. I got an email from them saying that my cannot be shipped without the correct address and phone number. Excuse me but I been using the same address and phone number for the past 8 monthd and had no problem until now. I DO NOT give out my phone number (I use the 555-555-5555 number). I been ordering online for a long time and of all the online shops this is the only one that ask for the a valid phone number. The address part is the one I don't get, I have no trouble in the past order but they thinks that I put the wrong address. Trying to contact them is a job onto itself. They send me the auto notice without a reply email link (replying back only send it to the auto responder), so I had to go to their website and find the costumer service email address (which I hope I did but still not sure). The past three order have not be kind to me and I really don't know what their problem. Like I said I have no problem with them until recently. I am currently thinking of getting my DVDs from another supplier. Any online shops that you guys recommend with the same or near low price and low shipping then bestprices.com?
Old 07-13-01, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Dan
I got an email from them saying that my cannot be shipped without the correct address and phone number. Excuse me but I been using the same address and phone number for the past 8 monthd and had no problem until now. I DO NOT give out my phone number (I use the 555-555-5555 number). I been ordering online for a long time and of all the online shops this is the only one that ask for the a valid phone number. The address part is the one I don't get, I have no trouble in the past order but they thinks that I put the wrong address.
They may have done a check of phone number area code with the zip code. Maybe that's why they think your address is invalid.
Old 07-13-01, 03:50 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by GJKowal

They may have done a check of phone number area code with the zip code. Maybe that's why they think your address is invalid.
That might be true but I been ordering from them for sometime now. Only the past three orders did I have problem with them and its really getting on my nerve. They are the only one etailer that I know of that are so anal about a valid phone number. If they want to contact me then they can send me a email. Overall this will probably be my last order from them. I am going to another etailer. Their high shipping rate, long backorder wait, long deliverer time, and now this address thing is the last straw. Any suggest on a new etailer?
Old 07-19-01, 07:48 PM

Still waiting for a response to my e-mail and voice mail I left them. Looks like another .com will be going under.
Old 07-21-01, 01:06 AM
Cool New Member

Well my last order from them did not go well. After resolving the phone issue, they forgot to process my order for almost a week until I email them a reminder. Another thing, one of my older order is not completed yet because they keep putting my last DVD to be sent into backorder (it was a pre order, no first come first serve. It's random). It probably be another month before they ship it.