Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Walmart is just as cheap..

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Walmart is just as cheap..

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-01, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our local Wal-Mart does not smell like urine or vomit. The huge outdoor garden department is full of withered, dried-out plants from lack of watering, however, and I did see an unsupervised, wild, nasty seven-year-old boy wipe a huge bugger on a Castaway DVD case in the electronics dept. today.
Old 06-16-01, 09:22 PM

Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo
Our local Wal-Mart does not smell like urine or vomit. The huge outdoor garden department is full of withered, dried-out plants from lack of watering, however, and I did see an unsupervised, wild, nasty seven-year-old boy wipe a huge bugger on a Castaway DVD case in the electronics dept. today.

One a related not: They need to put the actual stock of DVD players, stereos, video game systems, etc. in a locked case. I'm not sure if the employees or kids are using the boxes for footballs, but I have seen some pretty smashed up boxes.

Old 06-16-01, 09:26 PM

Originally posted by Violator
Originally posted by Sonicflood
Nope... It is NOT the DVD version!!! The pic of the DVD I posted from Amazon.com is NOT what's in the box that you saw/bought @ Wal-Mart!!!! !!!

Just went by and bought one based upon your (Violators) reply post. Box does NOT say anywhere that it's DVD or VHS. Very confusing as it's the same size (dimensions) as a DVD box, except it's deeper. It has two VHS tapes, a book, etc.

I bought one, opened it & NO DICE!! It's VHS... YECK!

Vio.. you should take yours back if you really wanted the DVD version! I wish I could take mine back for some $$$!

Ugh...Thanks for posting this. I was about to open mine. I asked the women that worked there, before I bought it, and she said it was the DVD.

Thanks again, and sorry for the confusion.
I went ahead and opened mine just to be sure, and it was the VHS version. I am going to take it back tomorrow and give the lady that told me it was the DVD a piece of my mind.

I apologize again for the confusion.
Old 06-16-01, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Luckily I haven't faced the urine/vomit/booger problems at Wal-Mart... just a bunch a rude people who don't pay attention to where they're going with their shopping carts.

But the biggest problem I have with WM and their DVD selection is the organization... they're scattered behind cabinets, on racks, in binds, on cardboard risers, mixed in with VHS, mixed in with CDs, mixed in with kids titles. I feel like I need a divining rod to find something.

I just like to get in the store, get the title/deal I want and get out. That's never happened at WM.

If I'm going to a B&M, I'll stick to Best Buy, Target and Borders.

[Edited by adboy151 on 06-16-01 at 08:18 PM]
Old 06-22-01, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts
Wal-Mart is destroying Main Street America. They build a store in some East Bumble town (usually in the corner of a county, to maximize cross-county traffic, like liquor stores on the line with "dry" counties) and then slash prices until almost every Mom & Pop is out of business. What's worse is that Mom & Pop can't do anything about it - Wal Mart sells their stuff at retail cheaper than M&P can buy it from the manufacturer. That's why I don't shop there, well that and the urine smell and the rug rats.

Interesting: the people in Clayton, Georgia (in the upper corner by South Carolina - see the cross-county thing) are deathly serious about *not* shopping at the Great Satan. I have a friend up there that I visit often and have never seen the parking lot more than 1/4 full, even on Saturday afternoon.

Anyway, I buy my dry goods from Publix and buy everything else I can't get at the grocery store from Target.

Rex