Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Video-Now Beware!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Video-Now Beware!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-01, 08:30 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My order experience with Video-Now
I ordered a single title on 21st of April, credit card was immediately charged and email acknowledgement of order received, about a week later I emailed them to find out status of order, and received an email back stating that order shipped on 23rd of April.

The long wait begins............ as I live in Australia and have had many parcels arrive from various stores with average times around the 12-18 days before parcel arrives, I initially waited until this period elapsed and then contacted them again on 16th May. Response:

"I have confirmed that this DVD was sent to you on the 23rd of April. We usually recommend 7 to 21 days for delivery of International orders. Sometimes a delay at customs or within the post may occur. Please allow a few more days and
if the DVD has not shown up , please let us know. We will try to track the order from our end and should have more info shortly. Please remember to include a confirmation of your full e-mail address in your next inquiry. We apologize for
any delay that has occurred.
Thank you and Best regards ,
VideoNow"

I waited a few more days, my next email to them was around the 23rd May or 1 month as per their request to contact them, result?

Zip, Zilch, Nothing, 4 emails and 2 weeks later and still no reply and no DVD I paid for over 6 weeks ago.

I have now given up on receiving it and have contacted my CC company to investigate and see if I can get a charge reversal.

Now parcels do go missing in mail everyday and most etailors will eventually offer a replacement, but not this store they prefer to take the........... Lets ignore him and maybe he will go away approach. Wrong way for any store to treat a customer.

I hope that this will serve to warn others of the unethical behaviour of Video-Now and that anyone reading this seriously think twice about shopping with them.

Sorry my first post was so long I will try to keep new ones shorter.
Old 06-19-01, 11:53 AM

These guys refuse to get back to me! I am so angry!
I ordered back in January, but the DVD was on back-order. Sure enough, they charged my card. Then they said they sent the DVD 4/13/01. I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED THE DVD!!!

I have sent them three emails and even called them several times. No response. Nothing. I called Mastercard, but I'm past the 60 or 90 days that they can take action. I was beyond that before they even "shipped" the disc!

I am going to keep trying, but looks like I am S.O.L.

If life was like TiVo, I'd give Video-Now

So do yourself a favor and stay away.
Old 06-19-01, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just a bump and another

A totally disreputable company that everyone should stay away from.
Old 06-19-01, 01:17 PM

Yes Video-now is definitely the WORST store I've ever dealed with. Last year I ordered "Kalifornia" when it's clearly shown as "in stock" from their website. My credit card was charged immediately. I thought they're gonna ship very soon. But 10 days later still no shipping notice. I checked my order status online and found it's "back-order". They didn't even send a email notice for the change of status! and then I heard this title had been OOP.

It took me 3 months to cancel the order. Numerous calls made and email sent, no one answered the phone and replied email. At last I used some very bad words and lots of "!!" in the email subject and sent 10 copies together at one time. I finally got a reply that said my order's been canceled and they'd credit me back soon. However, it still took me another 3 months to get my money back, with the same frustrating experience.
Old 06-20-01, 09:32 AM
Cool New Member

Video-Now NOT!!!!!

Similar experience as above. Ordered a DVD in stock on April 13 & received the acknowledgement. My MC was charged that date. Waited & waited - no DVD. Sent 3 emails to them - as usual, no replies. Called twice - no one replied to the calls - as usual. Noticed from the MC bill that it showed the charge originated in Buffalo, NY - not in Canada. Have ordered probably more than 150 DVDs via online companies & have NEVER been charged on the date of the order - NEVER. And have never had any trouble with any of the companies on email inquiries or telephone calls. This is the most underhanded company I have ever dealt with EVER and of course the last time I or any of my fiends will order from them. Naturally, my discovery of the problem was too late for MC to do anything about it. But this sorry assed Canadian company should be put out of business. I wonder how much money they have made by not shipping the products to American addresses. I am sure there are more than just the 4 of us on this forum. Honestly, I wonder if they ever have made any shipments to US at all? Anyway, it appears that I am not the only one they have screwed - no way to get back except not ordering again.
Old 06-20-01, 03:49 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thank you guys for your post. http://www.video-now.com just lost a very large order on my part becasue of your post......(near 1000 worth)
Old 06-22-01, 08:16 AM

Bad news people!

Just logged into my order status on Video Now - only to see this message:

video-NOW.com is no longer accepting orders or shipping movies. All outstanding orders are being refunded. Please do not send emails or leave phone messages regarding outstanding orders as they will not be received. Thank you for your understanding.

They owe me $321.12. Will I get it back?

Chris
Old 06-22-01, 10:10 AM

Video Now seems to be out of business! I see the same message, and if I try to checkout it says: 'This page is under construction. Please try back later.' ()

@ChrisTurner: I would dispute the CC charge if it is still possible. This could be your only chance. They probably file bankruptcy (don't know the Canadian law, but surely it's similar to the US). So go ahead immediately!

Old 06-22-01, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
Dispute IT!

Call your credit card company immediately and dispute the charge. Tell them you have tried to contact the company and cannot. Then let the issuing bank's legal department worry about it, otherwise you'll need a lawyer to represent your claim in bankruptcy court which will cost you way more than $300.
Old 06-22-01, 10:32 AM
Cool New Member

My CC company is still investigating it and have informed me it could take up to 45 days to get my charge back.
Some of the info they wanted and I supplied was copy of email receipt of order and an email by video-now stating an expected delivery date of goods, I only got that in one answered email from them when they actually asked me to wait a little longer.

My advice is find any and all info and get onto your CC company now.

Old 06-27-01, 07:14 AM

Luck?

Has anyone had any luck in getting a refund from these people yet?

Chris
Old 06-28-01, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts
Trying to get a refund from video-now is like pulling teeth. I tried to get a refund once, and every week they would give me an excuse that their credit card system was down, or they were changing systems or something else. Excuse after excuse. After a month of that BS, I just disputed with my CC company and didn't have to deal with it anymore.

Now that they're apparently out of business, you should dispute any charges immediately. I wouldn't count on them refunding anything of their own accord.
Old 06-28-01, 08:37 AM

VIDEO-NOW.COM CLOSING SHOP

Notice from Video-Now.com

Video-Now.com is following in the footsteps of BigStar.com and is closing their doors. Here is the notice on their Order Status Page:

video-NOW.com is no longer accepting orders or
shipping movies. All outstanding orders are being
refunded. Please do not send emails or leave phone
messages regarding outstanding orders as they will
not be received. Thank you for your understanding.
Old 07-02-01, 12:35 AM
Cool New Member

Yay! finally got a revredit to my card on the disputed charges.

"We have resolved the dispute and recovered the funds on your behalf from the merchant."

I hope others get their money back too.