Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

direct question/ problem for MOVIESOURCE

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

direct question/ problem for MOVIESOURCE

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-01, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from the other moviesource thread:

Originally posted by digitalboy
I placed an order, received a timely shipping confirmation, and received the order in reasonably quick fashion. However, it was the VHS version of DVD I ordered.
Instead of shipping out a replacement immediately, they required that they receive the incorrect order first, and that I pay for the shipping. Well after the usps said they received it, I had to talk to 3 reps to get my ordered shipped. It just shipped today so hopefully I'll receive it some time this week. I won't order from them again either, because it was just too big of a hassle.
I created a new thread because this is a different issue than in the other one.

This same thing just happened to me. I ordered a dvd and received the vhs. The dvd item screen, my order summary, and my shipping notice all say DVD on it, yet my order box had a vhs inside it.

I emailed them that I request they send me my dvd, which i ordered, and which I paid for. Here is their responce:

"[email protected] writes:

> Hello - I will be glad to do this for you - Could I please ask that you do
> return the VHS tape also and we shall credit you back the monies you spend
> to return it to us.
> Thanks
> Sincerely
> Judy"

Here is my response: "how exactly are you going to 'credit back' my money? This is rather odd. Normally an online company sends out a pre-paid return sticker WITH the missing product. Are you saying that i need to pay my own money on top of the money i already gave you to send me a dvd, wait wait wait, then hope that someday I may actually get the dvd, and then someday might be credited for my shipping charge? "

Going by Digitalboy's comments in the other thread, where he adds " Well, my account has not been credited yet, and according to the usps, they received it on May 9. So to me, I've been charged for shipping." i am really really annoyed by this. THis is a totally different issue than 'the customer is trying to rip us off - let's make him prove that he really has the vhs" because you have to be able to tell by the product id on the shipping invoice that yes, you did send me a vhs. I feel it is my right as a consumer not to have to spend my own money on shipping a product back to you in hopes that you will somehow credit me for it.

[b]IT IS YOUR PROBLEM - YOU FIX IT. DON'T RELY ON THE CONSUMER TO DO ALL YOUR WORK FOR YOU.

Old 05-20-01, 06:46 PM
Cool New Member

Man it seems that they have a major problem with their S&H department.
Old 05-20-01, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe they should do what a different company did for me when I was shipped the wrong DVD:

They mailed me the right DVD and in the box was a prepaid envelope for me to mail the wrong DVD back to them.

Now, it took them a couple of days for them to respond to my original email, I assume they were checking their inventory to make sure I was legit.

Another option would be for a company to either say that they will issue a check for the postage when the item is returned, or to accept COD deliveries (with return authorization codes).
Old 05-23-01, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

anyone there from moviesource? It'd be nice to hear your justification for this ridiculous way of doing business.

I sent my email reply to them this weekend, and have heard no response from that correspondance either. HELLO? I resent the email with a link to this thread, so maybe that will get their attention.

[Edited by Pasolini on 05-23-01 at 06:20 AM]
Old 05-23-01, 08:37 AM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by Pasolini

I sent my email reply to them this weekend, and have heard no response from that correspondance either. HELLO? I resent the email with a link to this thread, so maybe that will get their attention.

[Edited by Pasolini on 05-23-01 at 06:20 AM]
Sorry you haven't heard back from Corey, but he will be back in the office today, so you should hear back from him shortly.

As far as this whole issue, I believe we've been far too cautious and we'll impliment changes right away. I agree that we should not be waiting for the mis-shipped product to reach us before we re-ship the replacement...we'll change that policy today. As far as pre-paid returns, that will take a bit of time for us to get everything set with USPS...but I'll move on that today as well. We are also working on other solutions that will make returns easier for customers...more on that soon.

Can you eMail me directly at [email protected] and let me know which title was shipped on VHS? It sounds like the wrong barcode is in our database.

Old 05-23-01, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thank you. That was the kind of response i was hoping for. I will send you the info directly.