Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Spun.com, mediocre.

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Spun.com, mediocre.

Old 05-17-01, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They pay pretty dang good for dvds, but they pay in credit and some of their new price dvds are ridiculous. (Big trouble is $24.) Plus they don't refund any money over $10. And over $10 gets you HALF your money back. They do ship pretty fast and have a pretty good deal where you get free shipping (to and from) when you trade in $25. Selection is also very very good.

Overall rating 3 out of 5
Old 05-18-01, 11:16 AM

If you're looking to get cash for your DVDs or CDs, true, Spun is not very good. But, as you noted, their selection is excellent (much better than the now-defunct Swapit.com), and the ability to purchase items with credit for stuff you're about to trade in (rather than waiting for your stuff to get there first) is nice. The CDs and DVDs I've received from them (mostly CDs) have been in excellent condition.

I use them to buy stuff that is less than completely common and to get rid of DVDs from Columbia House I've decided don't need a 2nd viewing or CDs I haven't listened to for awhile. (And that Spun pays more than $2 for -- their trade-in values aren't that great.)

All depends on what you're trying to do...
Old 05-18-01, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You might try: http://www.secondspin.com . I have never sold to them though I have bought several things through them.
Old 05-18-01, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Secondspin doesn't pay crap for anything. At least spun.com pays something even though their prices suck. I will eventually trade almost famous (hated it) and apollo 13 dts (have 4 copies) for dirty work and kingpin. Not bad since dirty work and kingpin are htf. I had to throw in a couple of other cds (creed wutang and nirvana), but they paid shipping BOTH ways and that's great.