Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

competition with other half.com sellers?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

competition with other half.com sellers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-01, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i've been afraid to post this because it might make things worse and give people ideas... but has anyone ever had other sellers repeatedly keep your items in their shopping carts? that's the only explanation that i can think of for one or two of my movies nearly constantly showing up as in a cart but nobody has bought them for SEVERAL DAYS... and it's pretty fishy because it seems to clear out your cart relatively frequently, so it isn't like someone was just shopping around the other day and left it in their cart.

i have no good way of knowing which other seller is doing it, but has anyone else had a situation like this, and have any advice of how to deal with this if it continues indefinitely?
Old 05-06-01, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This has happened to me before. When I list my DVDs, which are all in perfect out of the wrapper condition, I always list them about $2 - $3 dollars cheaper than the cheapest 'like new' listing on there. Usually I will get a sale on the DVDs within a few hours. However, on some, when the like new price was like $20 and mine was listed for $15 , mine kept being put in a shopping cart and never bought. I had the same thought you did. It has happened a few times to myself.