Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

How is DirectVideo?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

How is DirectVideo?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-01, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I plan to buy X-Files Season 3 and DirectVideo now has the cheapest price (and will take my WebCertificates too it seems) so I was wondering what you all think of this company up there in Canada. Can you see your order status? Shipping confirmations? Impressions overall? Thanks much!

- Eric
Old 05-30-01, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They have some good deals but I haven't heard much. Anyone have anything good to say? So quiet. But Canadians are quiet folk.

Shawn
Old 06-01-01, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Still no one?

They have the black adder set at a deal. Has anyone ordered from them?
Old 06-01-01, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: second star on the right and straight on to the morning
I asked the same question a week ago and received no reply. I went ahead and ordered FLAMBARDS from them anyway.
They had the cheapest price including shipping by ~$15-20.
Worth a chance.
Old 06-04-01, 07:52 PM

I placed my first order with them on 5/7 for X-Files Season 3. I received an order confirmation email within a couple hours (your order number consists of your IP address plus a couple extra numbers--interesting way to do it...).

Didn't hear anything from them for about 2.5 weeks. Finally called them on 5/25, talked to a nice CSR who took my order # and put me on hold for a minute. When he came back on the line, he told me that it had been out of stock for a couple of weeks, but shipped on 5/22. He said shipping to California generally takes about a week, so watch for it soon. I received it two days later.

Packaging consisted of a large bubble-wrap envelope with the box set sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard. Seemed marginal to me, but there was no damage to the box set, so I guess it was sufficient.

Overall, I'm satisfied with their service, but then, I wasn't expecting a great deal. A email shipping notification would have been nice, though.

The million dollar question: Will I order from them again? Probably, if I can't get a better deal from a dealer here in the US. I lagged on placing a pre-order for X-Files Season 3, and they had the best price at the late date. Bottom line: if you're in no particular rush to get your order, they are a decent alternative to the bigger companies. Hope this helps with your decision. As always, YMMV...
Old 06-15-01, 02:20 PM

I called on Monday and placed an order for L'Avventura Criterion. It was around $25.00 US, the lowest price around and by Wednesday it was in my hands. Total price $48.00 Canadian which is about $32.00 US. The second cheapest price in Canada is about $70.00 Canadian with shipping (almost $50.00 US). I should also mention that I did confirm first that it was in stock. Iwould gladly use them again for any Criterion purchase.