Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

I can't make an order from deepdiscountdvd.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

I can't make an order from deepdiscountdvd.com

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-01, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been trying to make an order since last week from deepdiscountdvd.com but to no avail. I called them of the problem, but the CS doesn't know what's the problem. I am using Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.50, I was able to make an order before, but the message below appears when I try to place an order. Also, I already sent them this message.

Am I the only one, who gets this message?

Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Diagnostic Information An error occurred while evaluating the expression: totalitems = client.basketcount Error near line 35, column 10. Error resolving parameter CLIENT.BASKETCOUNT The client variable BASKETCOUNT does not exist. The cause of this error is very likely one of the following things: The name of the client variable has been misspelled. The client variable has not yet been created or has timed out. To set default values for client variables you should use the CFPARAM tag (e.g. <CFPARAM NAME="Client.Color" DEFAULT="Red">) The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (CFSET), occupying document position (35:4) to (35:42) in the template file <http://www.filemix.net/cgi-bin/tz.cgi?run=spieclick&keyid=10000001&key=;file;&url=;https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/checkout.cfm;> /u02/web/deepdvd/transferbasket.cfm. Date/Time: Thu Apr 12 14:28:54 2001 Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0) Remote Address: 209.116.174.71 HTTP Referer: https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/c...TOKEN=98979824

Old 04-18-01, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
You're not alone. I'm also using IE 5.5 and can't get anything into my cart, and can't check out either. I get the same error. I'll try at home tonight, where I have IE 5.0.

This has been like this for me for at least 4 days now.
Old 04-19-01, 09:42 AM

The same thing happened to me, use netscape it works perfectly.
Old 04-19-01, 02:35 PM

That's strange, cause I am using IE 5.5 and have not seen this problem when ordering from them. I have orderder maybe 5 or 6 times without a hitch.
Old 04-20-01, 11:57 AM

I've been having this problem also, but I just tried again and was successful. However, I did note that, in my cart, the X-Files Season 3, which I had ordered way back when it was really cheap, is now $109.80 - not nice. Anyone else?
Old 04-20-01, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by BigT
I've been having this problem also, but I just tried again and was successful. However, I did note that, in my cart, the X-Files Season 3, which I had ordered way back when it was really cheap, is now $109.80 - not nice. Anyone else?
why is it still in your cart if you ordered it?

Did you get an email confirmation of your order?

My cart is empty and I received an email confirming my order of xfiles 3 .
have you tried calling them? The customer service people seem to be friendly.
Old 04-20-01, 11:52 PM

Try to install IE again except choose the repair option at the installation screen. That has helped me in the past. It will search the installation for key files and reinstall them if they are corrupt. The other thing you should do, is defrag and error check your drive and delete your Deep Discount cookie.