DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Xbox 360 thread - part 3.2

Advice - Buy one.
If you get the rings, call the 800 number and get a new one
Old 01-22-07, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,252 Likes on 4,273 Posts
Okay, consensus time : Small Arms, Assault Heroes or Heavy Weapon? Which is the best, and why do they all have such generic, interchangable names?
Old 01-22-07, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,027 Likes on 814 Posts
Because they're generic, interchangable games.

Assault Heroes had the most fun co-op.

Heavy Weapon has the best single palayer.

Small Arms has the best battle mode.
Old 01-23-07, 12:04 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Heavy Weapon has some great online, too.
Old 01-23-07, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Heavy Weapon is a great shooter. Controls basically like Smash TV. The free trial mode has a lot of game time compared to some of the other games.

I bought Small Arms and I really like it too. I didn't care for Assault Heroes much.
Old 01-23-07, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only have "Small Arms" out of the three you're asking about but it is a sweet game especially in the online battle mode. If more people on my friends list had it I'd play it all the time.

BTW nice summary of the previous threads L&O.

Sorry if I missed it before but is there any indication as to when the IPTV service is going live?
Old 01-23-07, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Any new news on Culdcept Saga?

Also, in case anyone is still playing Oblivion, the newest OXM demo disc had the Wizard's Tower and the Pirate Ship downloads for free on the disc.
Old 01-23-07, 07:09 AM

xmiyux do you get your disks like a month late? I've had that issue for at least a few weeks.
Old 01-23-07, 07:14 AM

Anyone else have a chance to try out Crackdown yet?

Only had a chance to play for 10min, but so far if you enjoy GTA, you may like this as well. Increasing your stats and approaching objectives your way sound good, can't wait to try online co-op as well.
Old 01-23-07, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 916 Likes on 650 Posts
Alright, someone explain this one. First look where I live:

<---------

Now my 360 is on it's way back to me and pulled up this tracking info this morning:

It was in Louisville at 3am yesterday, but now it is on its way to Lexington?
Old 01-23-07, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kakihara1
xmiyux do you get your disks like a month late? I've had that issue for at least a few weeks.
They do come slower to me, it seems like i normally get that magazine like 1-2 weeks after people post on here receiving them. I got my issue middle of last week but forgot to mention on here the free downloads (since i hadn't noticed anyone else mentioning them).
Old 01-23-07, 07:26 AM

Dude I'd be calling UPS and freaking out on someone.........tell them you want it on a delivery truck and at your door Today! I've had similar things happen to me in the past and generally when you go apeshit on someone at UPS they'll make things right.
Old 01-23-07, 07:33 AM

I honestly didn't know crackdown was available for download yet

note to self...
Old 01-23-07, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, yesterday would have been 3 days, with this little side trip definitely makes it 5 days.

I'll have to give them a buzz.
Old 01-23-07, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sorry if I missed it before but is there any indication as to when the IPTV service is going live?
I heard on Major Nelson's podcast that IPTV won't mean much for consumers until next year.
Old 01-23-07, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Alright, someone explain this one.

It was in Louisville at 3am yesterday, but now it is on its way to Lexington?
The best is when it will take another day to get back to Louisville and go through their sort again before it heads out for delivery. I had a package from Best Buy once go from wherever they ship in Ohio, to Toledo, to Michigan, where I expected to see "out for delivery" the next day. Instead it showed "departed" for two days before suddenly showing up in Jacksonville, FL. After much complaining, they overnighted it to Michigan for me, but other than that and a "we're sorry", there was really nothing else they could do.
Old 01-23-07, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone know what the update for Gears of War was about?
Old 01-23-07, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Daryl
The best is when it will take another day to get back to Louisville and go through their sort again before it heads out for delivery. I had a package from Best Buy once go from wherever they ship in Ohio, to Toledo, to Michigan, where I expected to see "out for delivery" the next day. Instead it showed "departed" for two days before suddenly showing up in Jacksonville, FL. After much complaining, they overnighted it to Michigan for me, but other than that and a "we're sorry", there was really nothing else they could do.
Well it doesn't make sense in the fact that Louisville is one of the main hubs for the area. It doesn't need to go to a larger hub and be resorted, etc. Oh well, I'm still caught up in Excite Truck anyway. I can wait.
Old 01-23-07, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You do know where he lives don't you?

I'm sure the delivery man is his brother who is actually his cousin who married his mother.... Not sure why that would make it later... But I'm sure it has something to do with it.
Old 01-23-07, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kicker_of_elves
Anyone know what the update for Gears of War was about?
Originally Posted by teamxbox.com
Only a couple of weeks after Gears of War got its first big update, Epic Games has rolled out a new mandatory update for the game. Many wondered if the update will fix some of the existing issues the game is experiencing, including the yet unsolved VGA bug.

Unfortunately, this latest patch doesn't fix any known bug. Mark Rein explained in the official Gears of War forums that "it is a minor compatibility update. No gameplay or functionality changes at this time." However, Rein promised the next update will finally let users of SXGA monitors get true 1280x720 (720p) image letterboxed within 1280x1024.
This is what I got when I googled about it.
Old 01-23-07, 09:58 AM

I've had the same thing happen Corvin . I live in Kentucky and have ordered stuff from UPS and had them ship it to Louisville / Lexington / Louisville and then finaly back to my place. I friggin' hate UPS .

How's the Crackdown demo? I will have to wait another week for us Silver users can download it. Guess I need to renew my Gold membership, but I haven't had time to play online.
Old 01-23-07, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks for the info.

*note to self, google is your friend*
Old 01-23-07, 12:40 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

The Crackdown demo is extremely entertaining. I'm really digging the skill learning aspects of the game as well as the almost limitless draw distance.
The demo is limited to an hour overall, but once any skill level (driving, fighting, shooting, etc) reaches the level 2, a 30 minute timer kicks in. There are orbs all over the city which power up those abilites and increase the level of the skill. I spent most of my morning playtime attempting to level up my jumping / agility skills. Launching yourself from rooftop to rooftop is insanely fun.

I didn't like the targeting / aiming system, but it has a bit of a learning curve. I'll attempt to familiarize myself more with it later. I haven't tried out the co-op either.

But definitely download the demo. And join me for some co-op later.
Old 01-23-07, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Flay
The Crackdown demo is extremely entertaining. I'm really digging the skill learning aspects of the game as well as the almost limitless draw distance.
The demo is limited to an hour overall, but once any skill level (driving, fighting, shooting, etc) reaches the level 2, a 30 minute timer kicks in. There are orbs all over the city which power up those abilites and increase the level of the skill. I spent most of my morning playtime attempting to level up my jumping / agility skills. Launching yourself from rooftop to rooftop is insanely fun.

I didn't like the targeting / aiming system, but it has a bit of a learning curve. I'll attempt to familiarize myself more with it later. I haven't tried out the co-op either.

But definitely download the demo. And join me for some co-op later.
I played through the single player demo this morning before work and I agree with your summary. It's really fun just to mess around with the jumping, climbing, and car-tossing. I'll be pre-ordering this later in the week.
Old 01-23-07, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I told all you bastards that the game was more than it seemed in the last thread. No one beleived me

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.