Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Is there still footage from the Superman II International Cut that's NOT in Ult. Set?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Is there still footage from the Superman II International Cut that's NOT in Ult. Set?

Old 11-29-06, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody know if there is still footage from the bootleg Superman II International set that isn't included in one manner or the other (either in either versions of the movies or as deleted scenes or part of a documentary) in the new Superman Ultimate Collector's Set?

Thanks!
Old 11-29-06, 12:38 PM
Banned

jesus.

maybe we should have a superman subforum right now.

i'm having star wars flashbacks.

And I'm sure there is.
Old 11-29-06, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
jesus.

maybe we should have a superman subforum right now.

i'm having star wars flashbacks.

And I'm sure there is.
Hmmm... Thanks for that helpful and insightful reply!
Old 11-29-06, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Oooooooo. SNAP!
Old 11-29-06, 03:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bloomcounty
No problem.

I can guarantee you it doesn't have all the cut scenes from the 2 disc Superman The Movie bootleg either.
Old 11-29-06, 03:16 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He did have a point though.
Old 11-29-06, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lt Ripley
He did have a point though.
Doesn't matter. In another thread months ago, I got the same pointless snarky response from this person on another topic. I called him on it, he/she said I was misreading them, some agreed, some didn't. But his/her response here just proves I was right the first time. Whatever.

Back on topic:
Anybody who has the bootlegs of SI and SII up for posting a list of stuff not included on the Ultimate Collector's Edition?
Old 11-29-06, 03:48 PM
Banned

Doesn't matter. In another thread months ago, I got the same pointless snarky response from this person on another topic. I called him on it, he/she said I was misreading them, some agreed, some didn't. But his/her response here just proves I was right the first time. Whatever.
I meant no ill will. I had a big shit eating grin on my face when I typed it. I get amused at how much people get riled up about similar/related multiple topics. I understand why they do, but I find it amusing as well.
Old 11-29-06, 04:05 PM

I meant no ill will. I had a big shit eating grin on my face when I typed it. I get amused at how much people get riled up about similar/related multiple topics. I understand why they do, but I find it amusing as well.
Hey, no sweat!
Old 11-29-06, 04:14 PM
Banned

Hey, no sweat!
Cool.
Old 11-29-06, 04:17 PM
Banned

I'm not riled up.

As I recall, the OP was just as obnoxious in that thread as well.

Regardless, you can say that ALL of the ABC broadcast's extra footage for The Movie isn't there (about 40 min?, I just watched it).

I"ll be picking up the boxed set after work today and the HD version tomorrow. Won't watch it until then.

If the OP had asked nicely and not been a smart ass, I might've done it for him.

btw...i see you're still a cool new member.

Last edited by digitalfreaknyc; 11-29-06 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-29-06, 04:29 PM
Banned

I'm not riled up.
OSUR!
Old 11-30-06, 11:10 AM

I'm not riled up.

As I recall, the OP was just as obnoxious in that thread as well.

Regardless, you can say that ALL of the ABC broadcast's extra footage for The Movie isn't there (about 40 min?, I just watched it).

I"ll be picking up the boxed set after work today and the HD version tomorrow. Won't watch it until then.

If the OP had asked nicely and not been a smart ass, I might've done it for him.

btw...i see you're still a cool new member.
Uh-oh, you can tell I don't spend all day posting on message boards! Boy, is my face red!

Okay, come on, let's be honest now... What you originally posted served no purpose and was just to be snarky. And another person on the board here agreed, so it's not just me. And this is twice in a row that you've done this (posting something snarky *first*). If you dish it out you have to be able to take it, eh? Now hard feelings, and I'm not going to continue it, but perhaps there's some deep seated psychological reason you do this...?

Seriously, posting the differences would be greatly appreciated not only by me, but I'm sure many on this board (many of which have probably grown accustomed to your patronizing posts!). Okay, I'll stop now...

If you could post that, that would be great. It would be very non-petty of you and very helpful.

Also, anyone have any idea where one could acquire a copy of the ABC version? (I've got access to the SII International version.)

Thanks again!
Old 11-30-06, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Okay, this has gone on long enough. Digitalfreaknyc was probably too snarky, but there are about a million other Superman threads where this could have been asked.

That having been said, I'm pretty sure the police arresting the Kryptonian criminals after their defeat by Superman is not on the set. That scene just seemed weird in the movie, so I'm glad it's not in the Donner cut, but it would have been nice if it was on the set somewhere.
Old 11-30-06, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Okay, this has gone on long enough. Digitalfreaknyc was probably too snarky, but there are about a million other Superman threads where this could have been asked.
I agree! (But I did try to post on another thread and it got ignored because all the posts are about the WB screw-up. Thus, this thread...)

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
That having been said, I'm pretty sure the police arresting the Kryptonian criminals after their defeat by Superman is not on the set. That scene just seemed weird in the movie, so I'm glad it's not in the Donner cut, but it would have been nice if it was on the set somewhere.
Thanks for the post! I wonder why they just didn't include everything as deleted scenes, even in bad condition?
Old 11-30-06, 11:44 AM
Banned

I have the ABC version of Superman The Movie
Old 11-30-06, 11:53 AM

I have the ABC version of Superman The Movie
Well, I figured you did!

My question was, where could *I* get a copy of it...

(Actually, someone just told me it's "around" on-line, I guess...)

What's the difference between the ABC version and the KCOP version? If I were to try to get one, would I be better off getting the KCOP version, since that's even longer? (Does the ABC version have stuff the KCOP version doesn't?)

Thanks!

Edit: Oh, yeah... and how much extra footage would you say the SII International cut has over the stuff on the Ultimate Edition (including deleted scenes)?

Last edited by bloomcounty; 11-30-06 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-30-06, 12:09 PM
Banned

Edit: Oh, yeah... and how much extra footage would you say the SII International cut has over the stuff on the Ultimate Edition (including deleted scenes)?

I haven't watched the Donner cut yet. That will be tonight. I'm picking up the HD version after work. I'll know more after that.

Besides, I'll be making my own "bonus disc" with all the footage from all the movies that didn't make it onto this boxed set.
Old 11-30-06, 12:12 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Besides, I'll be making my own "bonus disc" with all the footage from all the movies that didn't make it onto this boxed set.
I'm still waiting for my 'Evita' ...
Old 11-30-06, 12:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Giles
I'm still waiting for my 'Evita' ...
Sorry. I just finished Dracula and some Jaws discs... It's coming.
Old 11-30-06, 12:42 PM

I haven't watched the Donner cut yet. That will be tonight. I'm picking up the HD version after work. I'll know more after that.
Cool. Thanks.

Okay, now THAT would be cool! Any chance I could get a copy of that? Or do you hate me too much for dishing the message board sarcasm back at 'ya?

Sorry. I just finished Dracula and some Jaws discs... It's coming.
Is this the Coppola Dracula? Do you mean you've got scenes that weren't in the cut of the movie already on dvd? How could I go about getting a copy of that too?

(I'm more than willing to send you shipping/handling/blanks or whatever, of course!)

Hey, while we're on that subject... is the extra hour or so from Dead Again available anywhere?
Old 11-30-06, 12:46 PM
Banned

Is this the Coppola Dracula? Do you mean you've got scenes that weren't in the cut of the movie already on dvd? How could I go about getting a copy of that too?

(I'm more than willing to send you shipping/handling/blanks or whatever, of course!)

Hey, while we're on that subject... is the extra hour or so from Dead Again available anywhere?
No, no deleted scenes really. I was talking about the Criterion version of Dracula.
Old 11-30-06, 12:48 PM

No, no deleted scenes really. I was talking about the Criterion version of Dracula.
Ah, gotcha.

Well, if there's a way I could get a copy of that Superman bonus dvd you're planning on making, let me know. It's a great idea and I'd certainly be interested! Thanks. It'd be like Disc 15 of the Ultimate Collection!
Old 11-30-06, 01:48 PM

i was wondering this too. i own composite cuts of 1 and 2 which are basically widescreen video with all the tv footage from all version sort of edited into place. the kcop version is the longest of SMM while theres some danish scenes on my SM2. i havnt splashed out and bought the new set yet but my guess is that alot of the expanded landscape shots n stuff may be missing. is the "he's only a boy. and he'll never be a man" clip in there? is the emotional ending on the balcony in there? how about the crooks getting taking away as lex tries to haggle a deal with superman. my guess is that most of the lester shot footage that isnt in the theatrical version is missing. though the souflet scene is there isnt it?
Old 11-30-06, 02:02 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by kevkev
i was wondering this too. i own composite cuts of 1 and 2 which are basically widescreen video with all the tv footage from all version sort of edited into place. the kcop version is the longest of SMM while theres some danish scenes on my SM2. i havnt splashed out and bought the new set yet but my guess is that alot of the expanded landscape shots n stuff may be missing. is the "he's only a boy. and he'll never be a man" clip in there? is the emotional ending on the balcony in there? how about the crooks getting taking away as lex tries to haggle a deal with superman. my guess is that most of the lester shot footage that isnt in the theatrical version is missing. though the souflet scene is there isnt it?
I haven't yet delved into the Theatrical Lester double disc, but as I recall I think the 'souflet scene' is in a seperate deleted scene section.

so the "he's only a boy. and he'll never be a man" scene was only seen in the TV version ?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.