Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Is there still footage from the Superman II International Cut that's NOT in Ult. Set?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Is there still footage from the Superman II International Cut that's NOT in Ult. Set?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-06, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my head hurts.
from what i can remember from the supecin site, lester shot all that houston footage. theres some shots of people watching the devestastion on tv, the japanese man and daughter scene etc, so of course donner wouldnt touch that. i'm sure some of the boy getting killed is cut, not sure if the dialogue is, i havnt watched the theatrical version for ages. how does the donner cut end though? is there the balcony scene? i assume the concorde scene isnt on the new cut at all then? and i hear the bit where the president on the golf course is cut too. i'm surprised those folks at superman cinema havnt torn every second to bits by now and posted a complete list of all cuts.
Old 11-30-06, 02:35 PM
Bye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't believe all this "extended version" talk has lasted this long, but for what it's worth, I have the Salkind International cut on DVD. I assume it's essentially KCOP+ABC, but of course everything that's on the 2000 DVD is from that, instead of it all being taped off TV. Unfortunately that means the aspect ratio jumps around a lot, but it seems to (almost?) always be some form of widescreen. If I'm wrong about this being the "ultimate" version of the film, please let me know.
Old 11-30-06, 02:43 PM

a full list of scenes are here:
http://www.supermancinema.co.uk/supe...ions/index.htm

the only scenes which i think are missing from my version are 2-3 small scenes that are on the canadian version. most of the tv versions floating around are pretty complete. it's SM1 that had more different versions. how does superman the movie hold up in this new set? cause the KCOP of that had loads of extra stuff.
Old 11-30-06, 03:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike Adams
Can't believe all this "extended version" talk has lasted this long, but for what it's worth, I have the Salkind International cut on DVD. I assume it's essentially KCOP+ABC, but of course everything that's on the 2000 DVD is from that, instead of it all being taped off TV. Unfortunately that means the aspect ratio jumps around a lot, but it seems to (almost?) always be some form of widescreen. If I'm wrong about this being the "ultimate" version of the film, please let me know.
are you talking about 1 or 2? I have the "international version" of 2 and that is all 4x3. The version of 1 that I have is kinda crappy quality (working on getting a better one) and the aspect ratio jumps around.
Old 11-30-06, 03:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kevkev
a full list of scenes are here:
http://www.supermancinema.co.uk/supe...ions/index.htm

the only scenes which i think are missing from my version are 2-3 small scenes that are on the canadian version. most of the tv versions floating around are pretty complete. it's SM1 that had more different versions. how does superman the movie hold up in this new set? cause the KCOP of that had loads of extra stuff.
There are no other deleted scenes for Superman The Movie.

The extended TV version probably has about 30 minutes of footage. That's probably my biggest and only gripe with this boxed set.
Old 11-30-06, 04:45 PM
Bye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
are you talking about 1 or 2? I have the "international version" of 2 and that is all 4x3. The version of 1 that I have is kinda crappy quality (working on getting a better one) and the aspect ratio jumps around.
Oh shit, sorry I mean "Superman: The Movie". I believe everything has been collected and compiled onto the 2-disc set. Mine has playback problems, but it might just be the media itself or the speed at which the copy was made. I'm gonna try to do a re-burn at 2x on better media and see if that helps.
Old 12-01-06, 03:00 AM

you mean all the extra stuff with the missle hijack isnt on there?
Old 12-01-06, 03:08 AM
Banned

Carlito's Way teaser

Hey DigitalfreakNYC!!

Where's my Carlio's Way teaser???? Thanx for saying u had it and then not uploading it for me. And thanx for ignoring my emails. Idiot!!

Ken
Old 12-04-06, 09:26 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally Posted by pbishop69
Hey DigitalfreakNYC!!

Where's my Carlio's Way teaser???? Thanx for saying u had it and then not uploading it for me. And thanx for ignoring my emails. Idiot!!

Ken
pbishop69, personal attacks are against forum rules. So, in the future, please refrain from making comments of this nature.
Old 12-06-06, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by pbishop69
Hey DigitalfreakNYC!!

Ken
I am shocked and dismayed that another poster has had issues with DigitalFreakNYC! Shocked and dismayed, I say!

I have the ABC version of Superman The Movie
And I will soon have a copy of a version that incorporates *everything* from all other versions (supposedly). Aren't we all so very very special!

Last edited by bloomcounty; 12-06-06 at 02:00 PM.
Old 12-06-06, 02:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bloomcounty
And I will soon have a copy of a version that incorporates *everything* from all other versions (supposedly). Aren't we all so very very special!

Yep.

That's the one I have.

And if you had asked nicely, I could have hooked you up. Others have emailed me.

Carlito's Way boy needs to back down. I was getting IM's and emails from him every other day about that goddamn teaser.

As if I have nothing better to do...
Old 12-06-06, 03:33 PM

Yep.

That's the one I have.

And if you had asked nicely, I could have hooked you up. Others have emailed me.

Carlito's Way boy needs to back down. I was getting IM's and emails from him every other day about that goddamn teaser.

As if I have nothing better to do...
I did ask nicely in both posts #21 and #23 -- you never responded. So I found myself a copy elsewhere.

Yeah, and what's with that guy... doesn't he know you've got 6.93 posts a day to make to the board? 14,702 posts don't come cheap! It's hard work to become a "DVD Talk Legend", doesn't he know that! Just like it's hard work to cure diseases and feed the hungry. (Damn, where the heck is a smiley for "sarcasm" when you need one...?!)

Hey, back on topic, anybody here up for making a "time list" where all the "new" stuff is (i.e. stuff not in the Ultimate Collection) in both this S:TM version we're discussing here as well as the SII:IRC? That would be great to have on hand.

Edited for typo...

Last edited by bloomcounty; 12-06-06 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-06-06, 03:37 PM
Banned

Hey...look at that...

my ignore list just got a new member.
Old 12-06-06, 03:43 PM

Hey...look at that...

my ignore list just got a new member.

(Oh, guess you won't see this since you're "ignoring" me... And I made such a nice little smiley collage too... Well, I'll try not to lose sleep...)

And, as I said before, BACK ON TOPIC!
Old 12-06-06, 04:00 PM

Better yet, maybe a Mod should just lock this thread...? I have a feeling there's not much more to contribute to it...

BTW, thanks to anyone who actually posted a useful response -- it's much appreciated!
Old 12-06-06, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
While I'm here, let me say that the footage of the villains getting arrested is on the Donner cut, it's just in the deleted scenes section that focuses primarily on Luthor. The villains are pretty much in the background and hard to see.
Old 12-06-06, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
bloomcounty,

Remember that "message board attitude" you've mentioned in the past?

It's showing.

Relax.
Old 12-06-06, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by bloomcounty
And I will soon have a copy of a version that incorporates *everything* from all other versions (supposedly). :
hey Digital....is this the one you're sending me??
Old 12-06-06, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts
bloomcounty and digitalfreaknyc - is this supposed to be a forum or a chat? I got tired of reading it. Think I'll ignore both of you in the future!!!
Old 12-07-06, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I never knew he shot the villians getting arrested.
That was smart never to use this.
To this day (and when I watched as a kid), I always assumed they were tossed into some sort of bottemless pit.
Why else would Donner make a point in showing all three falling down and out of sight?
Did the "Artic Police" have to fish them out, broken bones and all?

On the other hand, with Singer's love affair with the first two Superman movies, maybe he could show Zod getting his powers back somehow in prison, and he can remake that movie just like he did the first!
Old 12-07-06, 08:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by marcellusk
hey Digital....is this the one you're sending me??
I'm sending you the Superman 2 version. There's also one for Superman The Movie (but the quality is much worse).
Old 12-07-06, 10:15 AM

I'm sending you the Superman 2 version. There's also one for Superman The Movie (but the quality is much worse).
oh ok that's cool. That's the one i want. Let me know when it's mailed. thanks
Old 12-07-06, 10:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by marcellusk
oh ok that's cool. That's the one i want. Let me know when it's mailed. thanks
Tomorrow.
Old 12-07-06, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
While I'm here, let me say that the footage of the villains getting arrested is on the Donner cut, it's just in the deleted scenes section that focuses primarily on Luthor. The villains are pretty much in the background and hard to see.
Neat! Can't wait to watch it. Thanks for the reply!
Old 12-07-06, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by danwiz
bloomcounty and digitalfreaknyc - is this supposed to be a forum or a chat? I got tired of reading it. Think I'll ignore both of you in the future!!!
If was a forum until I was responded to with unwarranted attitude that I decided not to just roll over and take. Sorry. No sarcasm here, but if you feel one should just take that kind of attitude from someone (even after he'd been called on it in another thread) then you probably are better off ignoring me. Thanks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.