Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Old 02-01-18, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Pretty cool stuff from the Vinyl Moon Kickstarter - I especially like the art for the booklet

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts?lang=de
Old 02-14-18, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Pretty cool stuff from the Vinyl Moon Kickstarter - I especially like the art for the booklet

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts?lang=de
Whoa! How do I get that variant??!

I just got Nonagon Infinity for $10 on amazon! Super excited! I have Poly on order from Amazon but its a standard black vinyl coming from Blood Music. I love Blood Music but would rather have a colored variant. Looks like Amazon has ANOTHER listing coming straight from ATO Records that I may get and chance it being that tri-color variant.... but its a touch more expensive. Ugh Decisions
Old 06-02-18, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Saw these guys last night in San Diego - great, 1K-capacity venue. They sounded great (perfect volume/mix), and they were so freaking tight - couldn't believe how tight they were considering they're 7 people playing some crazy ass songs. Stu had to stop mid-song a few times to break up a fight, and/or stop people from hurting each other down in the pit at the foot of the stage (fucking San Douche-iego!), but otherwise, it was a great show. Highly recommend catching these guys if you get a chance.
Old 08-01-18, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Man, still haven’t seen these guys live (I’m usually 5+ hours from any place they’d play). But been slowly getting more and more of their releases.

Love this band!!!
Old 09-13-18, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Heads up, tomorrow, through their Flightless/ATO record labels, they're re-issuing their first 4 out of print albums. The first 5K of each will be some wacky color limited edition, after that, black.

I'm actually not too big a fan of their early work - I find it to be a tad erratic and bit grating. For me, they didn't really hit their stride until their 5th album, "I'm in Your Mind Fuzz".
Old 09-18-18, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Have been a fan of these guys (OK, Nonagon Infinity) for years. Will consider seeing them live.
Old 09-18-18, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

After some technical glitches, their re-pressings of their early albums are available NOW!

If you don't want to pay Australian import prices, ATO should have their own pressings in a month or two.
Old 03-29-19, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

New album, "Fishing For Fishies" is out in a couple weeks!

Songs released so far makes for a pretty eclectic album.

One track is kinda old-school techno/disco - not unlike Kraftwerk...

Title track is a psychedelic acoustic tune...

And newest released track is a bit of a groovy boogie number...

They just keep pushing themselves it seems.
Old 03-30-19, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I did a blind buy on 12 Bar Bruise based on friend’s recommendations, couldn’t really get into, so I ignored them for awhile. But all the buzz lately has has me checking out other albums. I’m really enjoying Quarters and Polygondwanaland. Their style really can vary a good bit from album to album, 12 Bar Bruise may just be something to revisit later on when I’ve explored the other albums more.
It took being a fan of latter half Pink Floyd before I could appreciate stuff like A Saucerful of Secrets. They actually remind me a lot of Floyd at times.
Old 04-09-19, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

12 Bar Bruise was pretty much their first album, and a straight up, lo-fi garage rock album in every sense.
Heck, it was recorded on iPhones! Not only have they grown exponentially as a band since then, but also as songwriters.

I mean, compare 12-Bar to this new song that they just put out (which is not from the album coming this month, but from their supposed "metal" album coming later this year)...

Still remind you of Pink Floyd?
Old 04-09-19, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hah, no that’s not remotely Floyd-like. It’s really amazing how these guys can emulate so many genres so well.
Old 04-16-19, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Glad this thread exists, never heard of these guys before ... really enjoying them now. So thanks!