Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Motley Crue - Final Tour (then breakup) [Update: back together]

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Motley Crue - Final Tour (then breakup) [Update: back together]

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-19, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: Motley Crue - Final Tour (then breakup) [Update: back together]

I enjoyed The Dirt much more than I thought I would. Still, Neil's voice is shot, Mars can barely play anymore, and it's not worth paying $500 to see them.
Old 11-22-19, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 297 Posts

Neil's voice isn't shot necessarily. Its just that hes so fat and in such poor cardiovascular shape that he's in a constant state of being winded. If he got a personal trainer and lost 50-60 lbs, I think we'd see a very different Vince Neil.
Old 11-22-19, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 246 Likes on 197 Posts

I've never seen any of the bands on that tour, despite liking them all quite a bit. I'm going to have a hard time paying whatever astronomical amount is going to be asked to see them at this point. If tickets were around $70, and from a spot where I could at least tell if a band member is wearing shoes or not, I'd go for it. My guess is tickets will be minimum $150 each for any spot within 30 yards. Before fees.
Old 11-22-19, 10:14 AM

Received 114 Likes on 93 Posts

I last saw them in '98 (IIRC) when Cheap Trick opened. It was a fantastic show and I prefer to leave that as the lasting memory I have of seeing them live.
Old 11-22-19, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Hazel Motes
Neil's voice isn't shot necessarily. Its just that hes so fat and in such poor cardiovascular shape that he's in a constant state of being winded. If he got a personal trainer and lost 50-60 lbs, I think we'd see a very different Vince Neil.
This is from 2018. Tell me again this guy's voice isn't shot. He isn't even singing half the choruses.

Old 11-22-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,142 Likes on 2,128 Posts

A while back I was watching a Motley Crue concert on tv our youtube, and Vince was only singing every other word...

Friday night need fight
motorcycle switchblade knife
Handful grease hair feels right
I need make tight are

Girls, Girls, Girls
Long legs burgundy lips
Girls, Girls, Girls
Dancin' Sunset Strip
Girls, Girls, Girls
lips, fingertips

... and so on.

Kind of sad, really.
Old 11-23-19, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 128 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by B5Erik
Wow. Motley Crue was a total joke on their last tour (playing with pre-recorded guitar, keyboard, and vocal tracks). I'm sure people can't wait to watch them fake it again!

I'm just not one of them.

When I saw them around 2000 (the tour with Samantha Maloney on drums) the use of backing vocal tracks ruined that show for me - it was so obvious and LOUD. I can't imagine anyone wanting to see a band play to backing guitar & keyboard tracks as well as vocal tracks.

And Mick is old and frail. He can't really be up for this tour. I'm shocked he's going along with it.
A lot of people out there really don't know just how bad his health is. My son-in-law works for a company that builds Tour Buses and he's the lead electrical person and when there's a problem on a bus he's even sent to work on it. They built Tommy Lee's bus and has some pictures of Tommy posing with him. He hears and know a lot with some groups and even awhile back Mick's health was bad to the point he has to be helped around a lot. Not sure which Tour but they went out basically to help Mick. Still can play though...he's one of those under-rated and hardly mentioned when you talk guitar players.....I didn't know he was that small for one thing. There's a group shot of The Crue and Alice Cooper....top of Mick's head is with Alice's shoulders....
Old 11-23-19, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,142 Likes on 2,128 Posts

I saw the Crue back in 2005 on the Carnival of Sin tour.

Mick barely moved at all. He just stood in one spot, playing his guitar for the entire concert. I wondered if they had propped up with leg braces like FDR.
Old 11-25-19, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by joeblow69
So, maybe this is not a great idea?

That is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I am dying here...
Old 11-25-19, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There is no way this tour will be financially successful. Numbers thrown out are $2 million for the Crue, $1 Million for Leppard and 250-500 K for Poison. There is no way they are going to fill 40,000 seat stadiums at a Min of $150 a ticket. Not going to happen.

That said I would see a Poison/Leppard Tour in a heartbeat. I would not see Motley Crue again live for free. I saw them on the Saints of LA tour and the Kiss Tour recently they were horrible both times.
Old 11-25-19, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 893 Likes on 417 Posts

I have a hard time picturing this lineup filling a stadium in most cities, at any price really. I saw Vince Neil, Poison, and Skid Row in an amphitheater some 10-15 years back and they were basically giving tickets away.
Old 11-25-19, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by d2cheer
There is no way this tour will be financially successful. Numbers thrown out are $2 million for the Crue, $1 Million for Leppard and 250-500 K for Poison. There is no way they are going to fill 40,000 seat stadiums at a Min of $150 a ticket. Not going to happen.

That said I would see a Poison/Leppard Tour in a heartbeat. I would not see Motley Crue again live for free. I saw them on the Saints of LA tour and the Kiss Tour recently they were horrible both times.
GNR filled stadiums for more than those tickets easily.
Old 11-25-19, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I wish one of the hits albums had Take Me to the Top. One of my favorites.
Old 11-25-19, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 893 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
GNR filled stadiums for more than those tickets easily.
Three was more pent up demand for GNR than there is for any of these bands. They hadn't toured with Slash and Duff in 23 years.
Old 11-25-19, 10:53 PM
Premium Member

Received 807 Likes on 532 Posts

I'd rather see Sixx A.M. than Motley Crue these days. I think they are (or were) quite good.
Old 11-26-19, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 297 Posts

This is from 2018. Tell me again this guy's voice isn't shot. He isn't even singing half the choruses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtm3WTAkmqw

Ok, I will repeat myself and tell you again. His voice isn't shot. The tone and tenor of his voice is more or less still there. Not singing half the choruses isn't because his voice is shot, but because he is dangerously out of shape. He is obese and does not have the proper stamina to perform. There is a difference between cardiovascular health and vocal damage. If he took a year off, hired a personal trainer, started eating right, cut out some of his vices and lost 60 lbs or so, we'd likely see a very different Vince Neil.
Old 11-26-19, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Ok, I will repeat myself and tell you again. His voice isn't shot. The tone and tenor of his voice is more or less still there. Not singing half the choruses isn't because his voice is shot, but because he is dangerously out of shape. He is obese and does not have the proper stamina to perform. There is a difference between cardiovascular health and vocal damage. If he took a year off, hired a personal trainer, started eating right, cut out some of his vices and lost 60 lbs or so, we'd likely see a very different Vince Neil.
You need to have your hearing checked friendo.
Old 11-26-19, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They were ALL in excellent shape for the SOLA tour. It was their huge comeback and the first time they played arena's greater than 3,000 in years. Top 10 CD also. HE sounded exactly the same...

I swore them off then but got talked into seeing them with Kiss.
Old 11-26-19, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by d2cheer
They were ALL in excellent shape for the SOLA tour. It was their huge comeback and the first time they played arena's greater than 3,000 in years. Top 10 CD also. HE sounded exactly the same...

I swore them off then but got talked into seeing them with Kiss.
D2 is correct. Here's video from 2008 - Vince is in relatively decent shape and he still sounds way out of pitch, out of breath, has zero rhythm and isn't signing half of the song:

It's brutal. I would never pay money to see this.

But only three years earlier in 2005 during Carnival of Sin, he sounds pretty good:

In his day, Vince was one of the best rock singers anywhere. Age is unkind to us all.
Old 11-26-19, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

In his day, Vince was one of the best rock singers anywhere. Age is unkind to us all.
I can't agree with you there. First time I saw Crue was back in 1984. He was a good singer IMO. Great front man, yeah, but never the greatest voice.
Old 11-26-19, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 556 Likes on 393 Posts

I wish they would have stuck to their word that they were finished as a band. My favorite bits from their concerts are the solo spots. Tommy Lee on the Carnival of Sins was pretty cool.
Old 12-04-19, 04:34 PM

Received 5,053 Likes on 3,415 Posts

MÖTLEY CRÜE / DEF LEPPARD / POISON / JOAN JETT & THE BLACKHEARTS – 2020 TOUR DATES
Tuesday, July 7 – MIAMI, FL – Hard Rock Stadium

Thursday, July 9 – ORLANDO, FL – Camping World Stadium

Saturday, July 11 – CHARLOTTE, NC – Bank of America Stadium

Tuesday, July 14 – ARLINGTON, TX – Globe Life Field

Wednesday, July 15 HOUSTON, TX – Minute Maid Park

Sunday, July 19 – SAN FRANCISCO, CA Oracle Park

Thursday, July 23 – SAN DIEGO, CA – Petco Park

Saturday, July 25 – PHOENIX, AZ – State Farm Stadium

Sunday, August 9 – ATLANTA, GA – SunTrust Park

Tuesday, August 11 – HERSHEY, PA – Hersheypark Stadium

Thursday, August 13 BUFFALO, NY – New Era Field

Saturday, August 15 PHILADELPHIA, PA Citizens Bank Park

Sunday, August 16 – PITTSBURGH, PA – PNC Park

Tuesday, August 18 – MILWAUKEE, WI – Miller Park

Thursday, August 20 DETROIT, MI – Comerica Park

Saturday, August 22 WASHINGTON DC – Nationals Park

Sunday, August 23 – FLUSHING, NY – Citi Field

Tuesday, August 25 – BOSTON, MA – Fenway Park*

Friday, August 28 – CHICAGO, IL – Wrigley Field

Sunday, August 30 – DENVER, CO – Coors Field

Wednesday, September 2 SEATTLE, WA – T-Mobile Park

Saturday, September 5 LOS ANGELES, CA – SoFi Stadium
Old 12-06-19, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Weird...ads I have been seeing are showing Def Leppard as the headliner.
Old 12-17-19, 02:26 PM

Received 5,053 Likes on 3,415 Posts

Motley Crue are doing everything they can to make sure the Stadium Tour lives up to its lofty expectations.

In a new interview with Fox Business, the band’s manager, Allen Kovac, revealed the great lengths the group is going to in order to prepare for the trek. “Some of them are working with a trainer,” the manager explained. “Some of them are working with a nutritionist to make themselves the best they can be.”

Kovac went on to reveal that Motley Crue began getting into shape even before the tour agreement was officially reached. "We were in November when the discussions were happening," the manager noted. "And these guys were already into regimens of how they get ready for a tour.”

Bassist Nikki Sixx has been quick to share his pre-tour workouts with fans. The rocker has routinely posted images to his social pages, displaying things like calories burned and total hours trained. In one tweet, Sixx even explained his diet, noting that he eats "2,500 macro balanced calories a day.”

One Crue member whose fitness has been intensely scrutinized over the years is Vince Neil. The singer has received harsh criticism online for his weight gain and alleged drop in vocal ability.

In a 2011 interview with UCR, Neil insisted his vocals have actually improved with age. "My voice is getting better now than it's ever been in my 30-year career," he said. "Songs are easier to sing now. I think your voice just matures."

Neil recently underwent hand surgery to correct a condition known as Viking's disease. As for how the singer is preparing for the Stadium Tour, Kovac didn’t dish details, simply saying, “Let’s see what Vince sings like and looks like when the tour goes out.”

Motley Crue's Stadium Tour -- alongside Def Leppard, Poison and Joan Jett -- launches next summer. Tickets are on sale now, with more dates reportedly due to be announced in the coming weeks.

Read More: Motley Crue's Manager Addresses Vince Neil's Vocal Issues | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/motl...edium=referral
Old 12-18-19, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,340 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Vince will probably get more lipo again if anything. Sixx looks great for a 61 year old. He just posted some pics of his back flexing and looks fit. I notice Tommy Lee is dying his beard stubble, which make shim look weird. haha

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.