Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Heart

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-17, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts
Re: Heart

I loved their 80's stuff.
Old 10-16-17, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe the assaulted sons are the ones she had with Cameron Crowe. Seems that the real problem was the Wetter dude long before he ever touched the kids.

It's all too bad given last two studio albums were a return to forum for the sisters and they were gaining a following again after disappearing once they stopped trying to turn other people's songs into hits.
Old 10-17-17, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

I read about the hiatus when, earlier this year, I noticed they were appearing individually. Found articles and YouTube interviews.

Eventually, they'll figure it out and get back together.
Old 10-17-17, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Eventually, they'll figure it out and get back together.
Usually I would agree, but now I don't think it will happen unless Wetter is out of the picture and many years have passed. There were issues long before this related to current/past members of the band.
Old 10-17-17, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

Yeah, not saying it'll be anytime soon. Blood is thicker than water.
Old 10-17-17, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Yeah, not saying it'll be anytime soon. Blood is thicker than water.
The key is unless something changes, Ann is considering Wetter as part of her family. I doubt Nancy (and Cameron from afar) wants their side of the family anywhere near Ann until Wetter is out of the picture. Form what I have read, there was much going on even before the violent incident.
Old 10-21-17, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Heart is just one of those solid bands with more hits then you realize. Yes their 80’s stuff is more pop but that’s a result of MTV. I still think it was smart for bands like Heart to change for the MTV generation of the 80’s because it kept them relevant.

I’m a perfect example of an 80’s kid who only discovered Heart, Grateful Dead, The Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac through the MTV pop songs. Then as I got older I discovered their older stuff and realized how great it was and made me a fan for life.
Old 02-12-19, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 332 Likes on 175 Posts

Heart Reunite for All-Star ‘Love Alive’ Summer Tour

Three years after family drama threatened to tear Heart apart, Nancy and Ann Wilson will reunite for a summer tour. The Love Alive trek will feature, on select dates, a combination of special guests like Sheryl Crow, Brandi Carlile and Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, as well as openers Elle King and Lucie Silvas.“I could see it was time for Heart to have a break,” Nancy Wilson said in a statement of the band’s self-described “temporary hiatus.” “We’d been slogging through tour after tour fairly nonstop and were starting to burn out a little bit. Things had just reached a heavy climax. Working with my other new band Roadcase Royale was a lifesaver. Writing brand new songs playing shows and delivering a new album with them was the medicine my soul needed.”

The tour starts July 9, 2019 in St. Louis, MO.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...r-tour-793091/
Old 03-04-19, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

Coincidentally Love Alive is my favorite Heart song that doesn’t get enough attention.

From a great album Little Queen.