DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Radio personality Casey Kasem reportedly gravely ill, missing & found, Dead: 6-15-14 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/614610-radio-personality-casey-kasem-reportedly-gravely-ill-missing-found-dead-6-15-14-a.html)

Cardsfan111 05-16-14 09:05 PM

Re: Radio personality Casey Kasem reportedly gravely ill, close to death, missing & f

Originally Posted by TomOpus (Post 12108759)
Now on with the countdown....

I've read this a number of times and I do so in Kasem's voice every time.

Decker 05-16-14 09:38 PM

Re: Radio personality Casey Kasem reportedly gravely ill, close to death, and now mis

Originally Posted by Drexl (Post 12107614)
Casey, could ya please play "The Search is Over" by Survivor?

:lol: I really liked that one! Well played.

Matt 06-01-14 09:28 PM

Re: Radio personality Casey Kasem reportedly gravely ill, close to death, missing & f

Casey Kasem Hospitalized After Dramatic Scene Unfolds at Home

Radio icon Casey Kasem was hospitalized in Washington on Sunday after a dramatic scene unfolded outside the home where he has been staying — a situation which culminated with his wife throwing a pound of hamburger meat at his eldest daughter from his first marriage.

As ordered by Kitsap County Judge Jennifer Forbes on Friday, Casey Kasem's daughter Kerri was able to visit him on Friday for the first time since his wife removed him from a Santa Monica facility and transported him to Washington without notifying his family. Forbes also ruled that Kerri Kasem, 41, would be able to take her father to be evaluated by a physician and hospitalized, if necessary.

Kerri Kasem testified at the hearing that the doctor hired by Jean Kasem had told her that her 82-year-old father had developed infections in his lungs and bladder and has bed sores.

"Kerri was just very, very upset because her dad’s health had declined so much since she and Julie saw him on May 6," her aunt Mary Kasem, who lives in Michigan, told NBC News. He just went backwards. She was so heartbroken on Friday that it broke my heart."

On Sunday, Kerri Kasem arrived at the home with an ambulance to take Casey Kasem to a hospital, but paramedics were not allowed inside the Silverdale residence. A few minutes later, someone inside the home called 911, and a second ambulance and fire truck arrived. After the fire truck was called away to an emergency, Jean Kasem, 59, walked downstairs and threw a pound of raw hamburger meat at Kerri. The paramedics were finally able to go inside and pick up Casey Kasem.

After Casey Kasem was gone, Jean Kasem told NBC News that she was following a King James verse when she threw the meat at her stepdaughter.

"In the name of King David, I threw a piece of raw meat into the street in exchange for my husband to the wild rabid dogs," she said.

"Everything she's doing is just making it worse for herself," Mary Kasem said when she learned how Jean had behaved on Sunday.

It was the second time since Friday's hearing that Jean Kasem acted out. A few hours after Judge Forbes said she was going to carry out a Los Angeles judge's orders that Kerri Kasem be in charge of her father's medical care, Jean Kasem held a news conference in which she played cell phone audio of her husband moaning. She claimed that he was protesting the judge's decision.

"That was just so sad and wrong," Mary Kasem said. "We don't know if that's him or not. But if it is, he's probably groaning because he has stage three bed sores, a lung infection, and a bladder infection. For her to put out something like that and claim that is just awful."

Forbes has scheduled another hearing for Friday.

Jean Kasem is best known for her role on the '80s hit "Cheers." She and Kasem married in 1980 — she and the radio personality have a 23-year-old daughter.

The Antipodean 06-02-14 12:30 AM

Jokes aside, this is all terribly sad. Few things worse than seeing elderly folks in bad health being pushed around like chess pieces by selfish and deluded relatives.

Decker 06-02-14 12:41 AM

....who were admittedly pretty damn funny on Cheers and its ill-fated spin-off, The Tortellis.

mickey65 06-02-14 11:13 AM

Jean giving Kasem's daughter a long-distance dedication...

TomOpus 06-15-14 09:53 AM

Update: Casey Kasem Radio Legend Dead at 82

Casey Kasem -- the original voice of the American Top 40 countdown -- died Sunday morning ... TMZ has confirmed. His daughter Kerri said on Facebook this morning ... her dad was surrounded by family and friends. adding, "Even though we know he is in a better place and no longer suffering, we are heartbroken." Casey was suffering from advanced Parkinson's Disease and dementia. His wife Jean moved him to a convalescent home in Santa Monica a few months ago. Kasem founded the "AT 40" radio franchise back in 1970 ... and famously hosted the wildly popular show until 2004. He went on to do several spinoff countdown shows until he retired from radio in 2009.He was also very famous for voicing cartoon voices like Shaggy from "Scooby-Doo" ... and Robin on "Super Friends." He was inducted into the National Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame in 1985. Casey's illness was marked by a bitter war between Jean and Casey's three children from his previous marriage. The kids claimed Jean blocked them from seeing Casey for several months. Earlier in the week Kerri took her dad off of all life support including nutrition. Casey was 82.

MrSmearkase 06-15-14 10:25 AM

:rip:

http://marcscottvoiceover.com/wp-con...caseykasem.jpg

Decker 06-15-14 10:37 AM

:rip: Enjoyed the countdown a ton as a kid. And Shaggy, of course.

General Zod 06-15-14 02:16 PM

You are all about hear my thoughts on the death of Kasem, but first, this long distance dedication..

JasonF 06-15-14 04:36 PM

Casey was such a part of my childhood, both for his countdowns and for his voice acting. Rest in Peace.

RocShemp 06-15-14 05:52 PM

:rip: Bluestreak, Cliffjumper, Dr. Arkeville and Teletraan I.

RocShemp 06-15-14 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase (Post 12139898)

That pic is awesome.

kenbuzz 06-16-14 08:09 AM

Re: Radio personality Casey Kasem reportedly gravely ill, missing & found, Dead: 6-15

http://i59.tinypic.com/f2shfn.jpg

:rip: :(

Matt 06-16-14 08:22 AM

Re: Radio personality Casey Kasem reportedly gravely ill, missing & found, Dead: 6-15

Originally Posted by kenbuzz (Post 12140609)

Hey, aren't you the one responsible for making this, too?

http://i.imgur.com/lGP13QZ.jpg

Can we at least finish that board before starting a new one, just for my OCD's sake?

*roots for Al Molinaro to die*

wishbone 06-16-14 08:23 AM

Even though he likely was not aware it's a shame that the last part of his life was such an ordeal. Hopefully he knew that he was loved by his children and his many fans over the years.

:rip: Casey Kasem

kenbuzz 06-16-14 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 12140618)
Hey, aren't you the one responsible for making this, too?

http://i.imgur.com/lGP13QZ.jpg

Can we at least finish that board before starting a new one, just for my OCD's sake?

*roots for Al Molinaro to die*

That was last year's board. When Jan 1 rolls over, your board resets.

Matt 06-16-14 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by kenbuzz (Post 12140634)
That was last year's board. When Jan 1 rolls over, your board resets.

Ahh. See, I was not aware of that.

Be that as it may, I will continue to update and play out the old board if that's okay by you.

And :rip: Casey - big part of my childhood

majorjoe23 06-16-14 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 12140712)
Ahh. See, I was not aware of that.

Be that as it may, I will continue to update and play out the old board if that's okay by you.

And :rip: Casey - big part of my childhood

I tried this strategy in regular bingo. The blue hairs were not very understanding.

Matt 07-18-14 04:13 PM

Update: Missing!

TMZ: Casey Kasem's Body Is MISSING!

Casey Kasem has been dead for more than a month .... yet he's not been buried and now we've learned his body is missing.

Fingers now point in the direction of Casey's widow, Jean. Family sources say Jean took the body from a funeral home the day before a judge ordered her to keep it there so an autopsy could be performed.

The autopsy is crucial to an ongoing criminal investigation targeting Jean. The Santa Monica PD is looking into elder abuse allegations ... that Jean took Casey on a wild, week-long multi-state car ride which caused him to develop bed sores that got infected and contributed to his death.

Jean and Casey's children have been at war for years.

As for where the body is ... no one but Jean seems to know, and no one can find her either. It's interesting ... Jean listed Jerusalem as her address on Casey's death certificate.

Casey's daughter Kerri believes Jean is out of the country.

We reached out to Jean's people. So far no word back.

Decker 07-18-14 04:21 PM

Wow : Missing-Found-Ailing-Dead-Missing Again!

Alan Smithee 07-18-14 06:14 PM

It's like you get out of that up-tempo record, then you gotta talk about somebody dying...

Draven 07-19-14 01:03 AM

Do funeral homes often let people take dead relatives with them? Like toss them into the back of their SUV or something and drive off? I realize it's the shit-show that is TMZ but they are skipping over some important details like "how any of this is possible".