Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The all things METALLICA thread!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

The all things METALLICA thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-13, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts
Re: The all things METALLICA thread!

So overall, the band is being polite and not trying to step on any toes.

Of course the dirty stinky Metallica fans of yesteryear will continue to bitch and moan, because it's "cool" to bitch and moan.

"Metallica died when Cliff died!"

Motherfucker, you weren't even born yet.

/rant
Old 11-02-13, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Of course the dirty stinky Metallica fans of yesteryear will continue to bitch and moan, because it's "cool" to bitch and moan.

/rant
Old 11-04-13, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

'tallica parking lot

4 minute preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcAZU...layer_embedded
Old 11-04-13, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?

/rant
Old 11-22-13, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Metallica Through The Never Coming

If you didn't get a chance to get to the theater to see Through the Never or want to re-live it a few more times, soon you will be able to watch it in the comfort of your own home. We're super excited to hit you with the home version details as the film will be released on DVD, Blu-Ray, 3D Blu-Ray, digitally and V.O.D. (Video On Demand) on January 28, 2014 through our very own label, Blackened Recordings.

The DVD, Blu-Ray and 3D Blu-Ray will include extensive behind-the-scenes footage from the making of the film including an 80+ minute Making of Metallica Through the Never documentary put together by our good friend Adam Dubin (A Year and a Half in the Life of Metallica) and including two never before seen chapters.

A special limited-edition package will be available with extra goodies for our die-hard fans and the Met Club family can also expect to get a first crack at grabbing a limited-edition set including a piece of an actual stage prop used in the film as well as a lithograph print autographed by the four of us.

For those of you who aren't into physical media anymore, the digital format will include the feature film as well as the Making of Metallica Through the Never documentary.

Our international friends can look for the film on DVD, V.O.D. and digitally on the same date as the U.S. or very shortly thereafter with some countries listed below. Please check back here or www.throughthenever.com often for updates.

Release Dates by Country: U.S. (Jan. 28), Australia (Jan. 29), Austria (Jan. 28), Cyprus (Jan. 29), France (Feb. 9), Germany (Jan. 28), Greece (Jan. 29), Italy (Feb. 20 - Rental, Mar. 5 - Purchase), Japan (Early April), New Zealand (Jan. 29), Portugal (Feb. 5), Spain (Jan. 28), Switzerland (Jan. 28)

DVD (2-Discs + Digital Download)

DISC 1
1. Metallica Through The Never Movie
2. Theatrical Trailer
3. "Master Of Puppets" Music Video
4. EPK - Cast & Crew Interviews
5. Interviews With The Sound & Music Team

DISC 2
1. Making of Metallica Through the Never Documentary
2. Mill Valley Film Festival Q&A With Metallica, Director Nimród Antal & Dane DeHaan
3. Orion Festival 2013 Film Tent Highlights with Lars Ulrich

Blu-Ray (2-Discs + Digital Download)

DISC 1

DISC 2
2. Theatrical Trailer
6. Mill Valley Film Festival Q&A With Metallica, Director Nimród Antal & Dane Dehaan
7. Orion Festival 2013 Film Tent Highlights with Lars Ulrich

3D Blu-Ray/Blu-Ray (2-Discs + Digital Download)
Includes 3D Lenticular Artwork

DISC 1
1. Metallica Through The Never Movie in 3D

DISC 2
2. Theatrical Trailer
6. Mill Valley Film Festival Q&A With Metallica, Director Nimród Antal & Dane Dehaan

Limited Deluxe 3D Blu-Ray Set (3-Discs + Digital Download)

DISC 1

DISC 2

DISC 3
2. Theatrical Trailer

ALSO INCLUDES
1. Limited Edition Metallica Through The Never Bandana
2. Limited Edition Metallica Through The Never Movie Poster Lithograph

Limited Doris Edition Deluxe 3D Blu-Ray Set (3-Discs + Digital Download)
Available First to Met Club Members Only
Limited to 1,000 Pieces

DISC 1

DISC 2

DISC 3
2. Theatrical Trailer

ALSO INCLUDES
1. Limited Edition Metallica Through The Never Bandana
2. Limited Edition Metallica Through The Never Movie Poster Lithograph Autographed by All Four Members of Metallica
3. A piece of a stage prop used during the filming of Metallica Through the Never. Fans will receive an actual piece of "Doris" (The Statue of Lady Justice) with a letter of authenticity. This will not be sold anywhere else now or ever again.

Digital Formats

PURCHASE

HD & SD Versions Includes:
1. Metallica Through The Never Movie in 2D
2. Making of Metallica Through the Never Documentary

RENTAL

HD & SD Versions Includes:
1. Metallica Through The Never Movie in 2D
Old 11-22-13, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Are they ever going to release their 30th Anniversary concert to home video?
Old 11-22-13, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Are they ever going to release their 30th Anniversary concert to home video?
i've been waiting for this one too!
Old 11-23-13, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

I think I read about there being a fan can on this or a BD/DVD release at some point. I know I read a release on it just not sure what avenue.
Old 11-25-13, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yes they're working on it... better not be a fancan!
Old 11-25-13, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Metallica - Garage Inc. EPK (Interviews, Behind the Scenes, etc.)
Published on Nov 24, 2013

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lVCgA1wMJrg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-26-13, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Metallica By Request

After spending the better part of the last couple of years making our film Through The Never, we are so ready to make another album... it's been far too long! And when we're locked away in the studio, history has dictated that we always need that inspirational break to soak up all the great live Metalli-energy that you guys bring to the gigs. So as we may have done once or twice before (!!), we will be hitting the road this summer, but not just for another "European vacation"... we've added a twist - YOU PICK THE SET LIST!!

As we embark on two short treks through Europe, we're going to give you, the ticket holders, the chance to vote on what songs you would like to hear at the show(s) that you attend. It will be pretty simple... pick up your ticket(s) online and you'll receive an e-mail shortly after with a code and a link to a site on which you may cast your ballot. We normally play around 18 songs a night, and since we didn't want to be left out of the fun, the band also gets to vote . . . and we vote for a NEW SONG! That leaves the other 17 slots for you to choose, so vote for all your favorites from the close to 140 songs we've recorded in our career and to make it more fun along the way, you'll be able to follow what you and your fellow fans are selecting by watching the site for continuous results.

In true Metallica fashion, we don't have all the shows ready for you just yet, but here are a few dates to get you started:

June 4, 2014 - Imtech Arena, Sonisphere - Hamburg, Germany, tickets on sale November 29 at 11:00 AM local time
June 5-8, 2014 - Rock Am Ring - Nürburgring, Germany, tickets on sale November 27 at 9:00 AM local time
June 6-9, 2014 - Rock Im Park - Nürnberg, Germany, tickets on sale November 27 at 9:00 AM local time

Tickets will be available at www.eventim.de.

Keep watching here for additions to the schedule and other updates next week as we gear up for 2014!
Old 11-26-13, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

That's pretty cool. I have a lot of respect for how Metallica treats their fans, at least in the last decade or so.
Old 11-26-13, 02:32 PM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

I think they should really consider re-releasing St. Anger under the title "The Thing That Should Not Be."
Old 11-27-13, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts

I may try and catch them at Sonisphere in Hamburg. Sucks that June seems to be the big month of concerts over here in Europe and I always have something going on in June and miss out on everything. Hopefully with it being early in the month i can hit it up.
Old 12-02-13, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Cool idea, but I'm afraid people might vote for too many Black Album songs as it was the first one they heard.
Old 12-02-13, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Phodg
Cool idea, but I'm afraid people might vote for too many Black Album songs as it was the first one they heard.
no worst than that http://www.metallicabyrequest.com/results.php?s=61

same stuff they've played last 4 years, except 1 song.
Old 12-03-13, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

and The Frayed Ends of Sanity is off the set list... lame ass voting
Old 12-03-13, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Metallica Scraps Orion Festival for 2014

Metallica's Orion Music + More festival will take a year off in 2014 while the group spends its late spring and early summer in Europe.

A spokeswoman for C3 Presents, the Austin, Texas firm that promotes and produces Orion, confirmed that the group's overseas run -- a half-dozen shows announced so far -- will scratch the third Orion. Both of its predecessors, 2012 in Atlantic City and 2013 in Detroit, took place in early June. C3 took out a three-year lease on Detroit's Belle Isle park last year, but whether a third Orion will take place in 2015, and if it will wind up back in Detroit, has not yet been determined.

An estimated 20,000 fans attended each of Orion's two days in Detroit, which also included performances by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, deftones, Rise Against, Dropkick Murphys, Infectious Grooves and others. At the end of their set the members of Metallica promised they'd be back in 2014, though C3 officials were taking a wait-and-see position at the time. In September Metallica frontman James Hetfield told Billboard that the group was very happy with the second Orion: "I had a blast. I had a really good time. I love the island, love the city, love the people. We loved it. I think it went smoother than the previous one."

But, he added, decisions about Orion's future were "kind of up to the promoters at this point" and, he acknowledged, based on finances. "It's the money part, man, at the end of the day... We know that festivals don't make money right away, for sure. It's not that we're out to make money; we're at least out to break even, and it certainly has not broken even yet. It's an expensive barbecue at this point."

Metallica, which spent the early fall promoting its "Through the Never" 3D film, is currently gearing up for its Dec. 8 performance on King George Island in Antarctica. The group plans to spend the early part of 2014 working on a new album -- its follow-up to 2008's "Death Magnetic" -- before heading to Europe, starting June 4 at the Sonisphere Festival in Hamburg, Germany, with two other festival dates in Germany along with the Netherlands, Beligum and England. The set lists for the shows will be determined by fan request at metallica.com.

"Making the next record is in our sights," Hetfield says. "I'm itchin'. I'm sitting here at HQ right now looking at all my gear going, 'Man, I want to write a record!' We're a band and we write music -- that's what we like doing best. We have tons of material to sift through, and that takes a lot of time 'cause there's a lot of great stuff. I know we only need a few songs, but there's 800 riffs we're going through. It's kind of insane. We have sifted through a lot of the stuff and pulled the cream of the crop. It's just sitting there waiting for us to take it to the next level. Hopefully it happens soon."

Read more at http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...L1vrxvJ9Fjh.99
Old 12-04-13, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts

They just announced that they are playing Sonisphere here in Italy and that it is moving from Milan to Rome which i am very pumped about (live in Naples which is 2 and a 1/2 hours away). Its another request show so I'm intrigued to see what will get voted on, but I assume it will be heavly leaned towards Master of Puppets and Black Album. I wouldn't mind some cuts from Kill Em All and theres a few off Death Magnetic I would love to here. I was hoping that Iron Maiden was going to join the festival, but I can't imagine they will want to play before Metallica.
Old 12-04-13, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

I've heard that Iron Maiden won't open for/play before other bands, but the did when they went on before Black Sabbath when they were on Ozzfest a few years back.
Old 12-04-13, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Prague & Vienna keep it up! http://www.metallicabyrequest.com/
Old 12-04-13, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

Wow, I was hoping there would be something cool played, especially off ...And Justice for All, but apparently people want to hear the same thing Metallica would have picked anyway.
Old 12-04-13, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
Prague & Vienna keep it up! http://www.metallicabyrequest.com/
I'm really liking that Prague set list. That would be a great show
Old 12-09-13, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Skip the first 31 minutes

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/D4uqG9OlGgk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-10-13, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

That's pretty cool. I like that Asian v-jay or whatever she was. She was speaking Spanish with a Chilean accent I think. Very sexy.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.