Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Garbage Reunion?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-12, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Garbage Reunion?

Here's a preview of one of the new songs from the album, I Hate Love:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xz3rtFIbAes" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-14-12, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cannot wait to have this!
Old 03-08-12, 10:23 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Just got tickets for their show here in Austin next month. I really hope they play a lot of their old stuff.
Old 03-14-12, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CqbKBbtgIV4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Standard Edition_______________Deluxe Edition

Tracklisting
01.) Automatic Systematic Habit
02.) Big Bright World
03.) Blood For Poppies
04.) Control
05.) Not Your Kind Of People
06.) Felt
07.) I Hate Love
08.) Sugar
09.) Battle In Me
10.) Man On A Wire
11.) Beloved Freak

Deluxe Edition Bonus Tracks
12.) The One
13.) What Girls Are Made Of
14.) Bright Tonight
15.) Show Me

Here's the first single, Blood For Poppies:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4wIsb5G3XSQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(There's supposedly an embargo on it until March 20th, so this video could be deleted at some point in the not-too-distant future)
Old 03-14-12, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

After hearing a bit of I Hate Love and the full version of Blood For Poppies I am even more excited for this album. I've been following them on Facebook and it seems like they're really doing this album for themselves and for the fans. The video clips and pictures make it look like they're having fun as well.

EDIT: And while not identical, I like that this album cover is sort of reminiscent of the minimalist approach that was present on the cover of their debut album:

Last edited by kstublen; 03-14-12 at 10:46 PM.
Old 05-08-12, 12:53 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Per their email sent out today:

"This week only, iTunes US is giving away our song "Automatic Systematic Habit" for free!"

Good song, I like it.
Old 05-21-12, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For anyone interested in picking up the deluxe edition, it will be $11.99 in Best Buy stores.

I can't remember the last time that the online SALE price was not the same as the ad in the paper, but this is listed as on sale for $13.99 online at BB, but it showed up in their ad for only $11.99.

Even Amazon just matched the online sale price when they "matched" earlier today. But it's definitely $11.99 if you bring the ad in or just ask them to check it at the store starting tomorrow morning.
Old 05-22-12, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

After listening to the entire album once and re-playing a few songs here and there, I'm really liking it a lot. I've hyped the album a lot in my mind and I'm definitely not disappointed.

I am a little annoyed that both the standard and deluxe editions came in digipaks though, seeing as how the rest of their albums are all in regular cases.
Old 05-23-12, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kstublen
After listening to the entire album once and re-playing a few songs here and there, I'm really liking it a lot. I've hyped the album a lot in my mind and I'm definitely not disappointed.

I am a little annoyed that both the standard and deluxe editions came in digipaks though, seeing as how the rest of their albums are all in regular cases.
Probably has to do with cost cutting that comes with no longer being on a major label. I don't seem them listed on Letterman, Leno, Kimmel, Fallon, Ferguson or Conan this week.

Pretty sure the promotion would have helped with sales and they certainly would have been booked if they wanted to be.

They were in NYC tonight too, so I expected to see them on Letterman or Fallon. Their concert from Webster Hall is available to stream on their website.

I sure hope they play Phoenix, because Fiona Apple seems to be skipping Arizona so this is the one concert we'd be interested in seeing this year. It's been 13 years since we last saw them.

Setlist from NYC show:

Automatic Systematic Habit
Temptation Waits
Shut Your Mouth
Queer
Metal Heart
Stupid Girl
Why Do You Love Me
The World Is Not Enough
#1 Crush
Cherry Lips
Blood For Poppies
Battle In Me
Milk
Big Bright World
I Think I'm Paranoid
Bad Boyfriend
Only Happy When It Rains
Push It

Encore:
Supervixen
The Trick Is To Keep Breathing
Vow

Last edited by dolphinboy; 05-23-12 at 12:38 AM.
Old 05-23-12, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Probably has to do with cost cutting that comes with no longer being on a major label. I don't seem them listed on Letterman, Leno, Kimmel, Fallon, Ferguson or Conan this week.

Pretty sure the promotion would have helped with sales and they certainly would have been booked if they wanted to be.

They were in NYC tonight too, so I expected to see them on Letterman or Fallon. Their concert from Webster Hall is available to stream on their website.

They were on Fallon last Friday.
Old 05-23-12, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Para Para
They were on Fallon last Friday.
Crap, I'm usually not up that late and rely on this thread for stuff like that.
Old 05-23-12, 04:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crap, I'm usually not up that late and rely on this thread for stuff like that.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0WubKJT-Dvg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And if that gets taken down:

There's this thing called the Internet.
Old 05-23-12, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

I found out that Garbage will be playing the MAHA music festival in town along with Desaparecidos. Oddly enough Desaparecidos are headlining. This thread is kind of making me want to go to the show.
Old 05-23-12, 11:44 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

They are still fantastic live. Go see them!
Old 05-23-12, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0WubKJT-Dvg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And if that gets taken down:

There's this thing called the Internet.

Dude, chill. Thanks for the video and the "tip" but I watched the same clip last night after Para Para mentioned it. I found it on that internet thing you spoke of.

I wanted to see them live, on the show.
Old 05-23-12, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by orangecrush
I found out that Garbage will be playing the MAHA music festival in town along with Desaparecidos. Oddly enough Desaparecidos are headlining. This thread is kind of making me want to go to the show.
I've read some festival reviews and of show where Garbage is not playing and they only do about 10 songs. I would be disappointed with that. I know the only time that I got to see Concrete Blonde they were playing with 3 other bands and only did about 10 songs and it felt like it was over way too soon.

Maybe you'll have better luck, though. The full show they did in NYC was about an hour and 45 minutes. 10 songs would be just less than half of that depending on how chatty Shirley is.
Old 05-23-12, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Dude, chill.
I am.

I wanted to see them live, on the show.
Which is taped, not live.
Old 05-23-12, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
I am.

Which is taped, not live.

Really? You mean, it's not actually live on that internet thing you spoke of?

Seriously, you must be one uptight fellow to post a condescending reply letting me know that the internet exists and then trying to get into a pissing match about your definition of live.

I think any reasonable person knows that when you watch something happen on the actual show, at the actual time that it airs, you get to see more and get a better vibe for the performance. I like seeing them get introduced and I like to see how or if the host interacts with the band.

I'm guessing you needed that explanation as much as I needed to be told about the internet or the definition of live on tape.
Old 05-23-12, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I see them Friday night, can't wait!
Old 05-24-12, 12:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Still waiting for them to reschedule the Houston show
Old 05-24-12, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by EEz28
Still waiting for them to reschedule the Houston show
I'd be disappointed too, but at least you didn't get some vague, lame excuse. Shirley made sure to leave a really detailed explanation of why the shows were canceled and promised there was no possible way that they wouldn't be rescheduled ASAP. I think a lot of the bigger names out there now might not have cared to issue a specific apology for the inconvenience and such a strongly worded promise to their fans that they would not be forgotten or skipped over.
Old 05-24-12, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

I've read some festival reviews and of show where Garbage is not playing and they only do about 10 songs. I would be disappointed with that. I know the only time that I got to see Concrete Blonde they were playing with 3 other bands and only did about 10 songs and it felt like it was over way too soon.

Maybe you'll have better luck, though. The full show they did in NYC was about an hour and 45 minutes. 10 songs would be just less than half of that depending on how chatty Shirley is.
It is an indie band festival and they are slotted for 1.5 hours. I'm not sure how well run the show is. This is the 4th or 5th year of the festival. There are a couple other bands I might like to see, so if I go and Garbage only plays a dozen songs, I wouldn't be too disappointed.
Old 05-24-12, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by orangecrush
It is an indie band festival and they are slotted for 1.5 hours. I'm not sure how well run the show is. This is the 4th or 5th year of the festival. There are a couple other bands I might like to see, so if I go and Garbage only plays a dozen songs, I wouldn't be too disappointed.
If they play pretty close to one and half hours, you will get almost a full show maybe minus the 3 song encore.

Have a good time and share the setlist if you can remember it.

There's no word yet on whether they're coming to Phoenix, but I would be surprised if they don't play here this year. They actually made a "surprise" appearance in Tucson, but even if I had known about it, I'm not interested in driving 2+ hours one way, watching a concert, and making the drive back.
Old 05-25-12, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet
They are still fantastic live. Go see them!
Agreed! I saw them on their last tour and had front row tix. Excellent show!

I'm loving the new album.

Last edited by LiquidSky; 05-25-12 at 05:33 AM.
Old 05-26-12, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Kinda mixed on the new album. It certainly sounds better than "beautiful" though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.