Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Garbage Reunion?

Old 11-01-10, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Garbage Reunion?

Garbage Plot Reunion LP, Tour
It seems like Garbage never comes up on either critical or nostalgia lists of 90s alt rock bands, even though they had a pretty dynamic lead singer in Shirley Manson, and Butch Vig, a producer associated with many other well-loved 90s alt rock bands. Maybe theyll have a chance to revive their reputation (or create a new one) with their just-announced album and tour. According to The Harold, Manson told a group of music industry majors that the band had just started recording. Im working on a record right now with the band. Weve recorded quite a lot but its difficult to quantify. Its the first one in a long time. I took about five years off. Id like to do some touring next year. (She spent part of that time off playing a T-1001 Terminator in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.)
http://stereogum.com/562051/garbage-...-lp-tour/news/
Old 11-01-10, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Garbage Reunion?

I remember reading about the upcoming tour and possible new album, but it's nice to have some more solid information. I do wish we would've gotten that Shirley Manson solo album though. I've enjoyed all of their albums and listen to Absolute Garbage quite a bit, so this will definitely be a day one purchase for me, whenever it finally hits the shelves.
Old 11-01-10, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They're Garbage!
Old 11-01-10, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I lost interest after the first 2 albums. I thought 3 and 4 were pretty weak.
Old 11-01-10, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What I wouldn't give for a collection of their early/first album era b-sides.
Old 11-01-10, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nice, I'll be there if they come close!
Old 11-02-10, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I LOVE the first and second albums and all the b-sides from those eras. Liked some songs from the 3rd and 4th Album.

What I expect from this 5th album is a few good tracks mixed in with some crappy filler (basically the same as the last two albums.) As far as a tour, things will probably start off great and some months into it they will fight a lot and "break" up again. Just like the last two tours.
Old 11-02-10, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Still love them. They last album wasn't deep, but it had some really good songs on it that just didn't seem to register. But what really does in a music world where Justin Bieber is the big star? Hip Hop still sells and Country is always selling. Pop music is hit and miss and there seems to be a lot less good pop music now. But rock and alt rock, does it matter who the band is? It just doesn't seem to register. Pearl Jam makes great music still, but they don't sell many albums. They make their money from touring. I'm 40 and I still crave Pearl Jam and the Foo Fighters and stuff like that, but none of them seem to sell tons of records. So, I'd be shocked if they make a terrific album and it really makes a significant difference in their sales.

I saw Garbage live in 1998 or 1999 in Tempe and they were simply awesome. Even if you didn't like Garbage and I'd taken you to that show, you would have been lying to leave and say that you didn't have a great time.

Sure, I hope the record is better than the last one, but I will keep seeing them live for sure as long as they continue to tour. Even in this thread where people seem to agree on the first 2 records, neither record gets enough credit. Friends I have know "I'm only happen when it rains" and "Stupid Girl" but they don't know "Milk", "Vow" and many others. That's still a classic album in my opinion.
Old 11-02-10, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I love the first 3 albums but found the last to be pretty weak. Saw them on the last tour though and they still kicked ass....
Old 11-03-10, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I thought the last album was great and I even enjoyed Beautiful Garbage (although it was my least favorite).

I've only seen them live once and would love another chance to see them again.
Old 11-03-10, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sweet!
Old 08-27-11, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

watching Shirley on the late late show, and she just confirmed that after taping the episode, she's going to the studio to record and its for Garbage, so prob sometime 2012 we can expect a new album finally
Old 08-28-11, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm pretty optimistic. The trend seems to be going back to the "roots" for bands that are reuniting. They know what the fans want and I'm confident they will try to duplicate the magic from the beginning. Just my opinion.
Old 08-28-11, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They've been updating on Twitter and Facebook pretty consistently; posting pictures, videos, tidbits, etc. Seems like they're all having a good time with the reunion, which is nice to see.
Old 08-28-11, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kstublen View Post
They've been updating on Twitter and Facebook pretty consistently; posting pictures, videos, tidbits, etc. Seems like they're all having a good time with the reunion, which is nice to see.
Been following Garbage on FB for the past few months. A new song has just been completed and mixed. And will out in late September/early October. With the new album out in early 2012. Cant....WAIT!!!
Old 08-31-11, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Daytripper View Post
Been following Garbage on FB for the past few months. A new song has just been completed and mixed. And will out in late September/early October. With the new album out in early 2012. Cant....WAIT!!!
Very good news!
Old 08-31-11, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
I lost interest after the first 2 albums. I thought 3 and 4 were pretty weak.
This. The first two album were chock full of hooks, sometimes multiple hooks per song.
Old 08-31-11, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

not even on spotify
Old 10-09-11, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Garbage is slowly re-releasing all those wonderful B-sides on facebook! I'm more excited about this than a new album. The B-sides from the first 2 albums are wonderful, could have been an entire album to themselves. They also said they are working on doing a complete digital download collection for the B-sides.
Old 10-15-11, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My fingers are crossed for those digital download b-sides.
Old 10-15-11, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Where did you see them say they were working on a complete digital download collection? I saw them say something about trying to work out a physical release, but perhaps I missed them contemplating digital release.
Old 10-16-11, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That is really odd, there was a first posting announcing the streaming of the tracks and it also mentioned a digital download package. They must have removed it, strange. Very odd these never got released other than on singles, I guess the label thought releasing a cd might not sell. But putting them on itunes wouldn't cost them a dime and it would be easy money. Anyways, I seriously doubt it will be released only on CD, if it's released it will be downloadable.
Old 01-30-12, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The A.V. Club is reporting May 15 as the release date for Garbage's new album, "Not Your Kind of People."
Old 02-07-12, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Thought I would find a Mr. Salty post in here.
Old 02-08-12, 02:49 AM
Banned by request

They're doing two shows in LA. I'm trying to get tickets, but the scalpers are not making it easy.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.