Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Stan Ridgway on tour!!

Old 09-16-10, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Stan Ridgway on tour!!

All right, I just have to plug one of my favorite artists---I think it's a shame that this guy is so under the radar, as I consider him one of the pre-eminent American songwriters. I saw him the other night, and he's got a great new album out, really refining his mix of folk, country, new wave, jazz, spaghetti westerns and film noir. Very fun act to see live.

Old 09-16-10, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Stan Ridgway on tour!!

Originally Posted by Ky-Fi View Post
All right, I just have to plug one of my favorite artists---I think it's a shame that this guy is so under the radar, as I consider him one of the pre-eminent American songwriters. I saw him the other night, and he's got a great new album out, really refining his mix of folk, country, new wave, jazz, spaghetti westerns and film noir. Very fun act to see live.

I forgot he has some new material. I will definitely be checking this out. Stan is the man.
Old 09-16-10, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 09-17-10, 12:16 PM

Awesome!
Old 09-20-10, 08:45 PM
Cool New Member

I saw him in Northampton- I'd won the tickets and actually never heard of him before! But he was amazing and I'm going to have to get some of his albums soon. Great and funny guy.
Old 09-21-10, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mayoman View Post
I saw him in Northampton- I'd won the tickets and actually never heard of him before! But he was amazing and I'm going to have to get some of his albums soon. Great and funny guy.
I went to the Somerville show. Yep, he's a good guy---I've seen him twice and both times he and his wife (keyboard player) come out after the show and sign stuff and chat with fans. Very down to earth and funny. If you're looking for recommendations, you might start with his Songs That Made This Country Great greatest hits CD, also Black Diamond is a great album, and I'm really impressed with the new one, Neon Mirage.
Old 09-21-10, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Based on the description, I should hate everything about this, but the song in that clip is quite compelling.