Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The Sword - Warp Riders Aug 24

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-10, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone else as stoked for this as I am ?? Definitely my most anticipated album of the year.

Last edited by JHosk; 08-04-10 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-04-10, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 247 Likes on 181 Posts
Re: The Sword - Warp Riders Aug 24

No doubt man. My favorite band EVER. Already have it pre-ordered from their site with the t-shirt and poster bundle.
Old 08-04-10, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very excited even though I've heard the album is going to pretty different than their last two. Can't wait.
Old 08-04-10, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I posted this in another thread but incase you didn't see it, here is a track from the new album:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/34BXwlOmUjE&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/34BXwlOmUjE&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 08-04-10, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Maxflier
I posted this in another thread but incase you didn't see it, here is a track from the new album:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/34BXwlOmUjE&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/34BXwlOmUjE&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
I've been listening to that song at least 3 times a day during work. I was a bit skeptical when I heard the new album was going to be a sci-fi concept album, but after hearing the first single and seeing the album cover I think it's going to be pretty special. The special editions on their site looks pretty cool, but the shipping to Canada is a deal breaker. Guess I'll have to get the regular edition.
Old 08-04-10, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I've posted numerous times since their debut, I dig the hell out of them, they are one of only 2 metal bands that I like (the other being Baroness). I'm a little worried that they changed their sound a bit, but I haven't heard much from the new album.
Old 08-05-10, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No doubt man. My favorite band EVER. Already have it pre-ordered from their site with the t-shirt and poster bundle.
I didn't know of such a deal... I'll have to get my order in for this. Easily one of my most-anticipated albums for this year.
Old 08-05-10, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Sessa17
As I've posted numerous times since their debut, I dig the hell out of them, they are one of only 2 metal bands that I like (the other being Baroness). I'm a little worried that they changed their sound a bit, but I haven't heard much from the new album.
Your post really makes me wish there was a The Sword/Baroness tour
Old 08-05-10, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have mixed feelings about this band. They write good riffs and melodies, but to me it seems like they sometimes resort to Wolfmother-style apeing of 70s prog metal. Also, the sword / sandals lyrics of the last album got a little samey and old on the later tracks. Still, minor quibbles. The band rocks.

Looking forward to the new one which looks like a dive into Hawkwind-style space rock.
Old 08-05-10, 03:54 PM

Looking forward to this, though to be honest, the last one didn't do much for me. Their debut though was a CLASSIC.

I'm debating going to see them at the House of Blues in Cleveland, Karma to Burn is opening....what a lineup!
Old 08-08-10, 12:10 PM

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"

The new song sounds a little less Sabbath-y and more like Kings of Leon. That is not a bad thing at all.

I have been waiting for this album and that song did not disappoint. I am in.
Old 08-08-10, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by macnorton
The new song sounds a little less Sabbath-y and more like Kings of Leon. That is not a bad thing at all.

I have been waiting for this album and that song did not disappoint. I am in.
What?
Old 08-08-10, 07:00 PM

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I've always been interested in this band. I seen a few of their videos and i like their doom / Sabbath style. Although i haven't picked up any of their cd's to date. I listened to the Tres brujas song and i like it. So at some point i'll have to try them out by buying a cd or two of them. Are there any other doom / Sabbath style bands out there to try out that have the same type of style that The Sword has?
Old 08-08-10, 08:47 PM

Never heard them before but I went ahead and pre-ordered the cd after hearing that sample.
Old 08-09-10, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by JOE29
I've always been interested in this band. I seen a few of their videos and i like their doom / Sabbath style. Although i haven't picked up any of their cd's to date. I listened to the Tres brujas song and i like it. So at some point i'll have to try them out by buying a cd or two of them. Are there any other doom / Sabbath style bands out there to try out that have the same type of style that The Sword has?
Yeah. There are a bunch of great doom/stoner metal bands that are flying under the radar. Two that I'm digging ATM are Orange Goblin and Graveyard.
Old 08-10-10, 11:25 AM

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"

Originally Posted by anomynous
What?
The vocals...it isn't that deep Sabbath style the last two records had. It sounds more like Kings of Leon.
Old 08-21-10, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Been spinning this one all day... I like it, but it'll have to grow on me, I hope. Not quite as epic as the last 2 records, but there are some solid songs on here.
Old 08-21-10, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Gotta love pre-ordering things and hearing people enjoying them before you do....
Where did you get it if I might ask?
Old 08-21-10, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Uhhhhhhh... you really gotta ask? Don't worry, I love the band and plan to buy the physical copy... once I find it for
Old 08-21-10, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok, I thought maybe BB had it out early or something. They are good for that.
Old 08-21-10, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nope, and I doubly disappointed that they aren't selling it for $7.99 as I hoped they would.
Old 08-23-10, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Solid stuff, but not blown away yet like the first two albums, although it's only my initial play-through. Hopefully it's a grower, much like myself.
One thing I love about The Sword is the instrumental lead-up they have at the beginning of each album.
Old 08-25-10, 07:59 AM

Solid stuff, but not blown away yet like the first two albums, although it's only my initial play-through. Hopefully it's a grower, much like myself.
One thing I love about The Sword is the instrumental lead-up they have at the beginning of each album.
Ditto. I wasn't blown away on the first listen like I had expected. But this is a total grows-on-you disc. It gets better with each listen. It's no Age of Winters, but I put it on the same level as Gods of the Earth.

I'm surprised it's not getting more mainstream exposure, especially after opening for Ozzy at the itunes fest. I went to two record stores here. One never had it in stock, and the other other only brought in 10 copies.
Old 08-25-10, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This album delivers on the band's promise in a big way. Best thing they've ever done, IMO.
Old 08-26-10, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^Agreed. Love this a lot. The Atari-inspired cover art cracks me up.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.