Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Krokus

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-08, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Krokus

Anyone a fan?
These guys kicked ass back in the day and still look good during this clip live in 06.
Marc Storace still sounds as good as he did 25 years ago.
Opinions?
[IMG]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4sJA_LZnIt8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4sJA_LZnIt8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/IMG]
Old 02-05-08, 06:22 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They rock! And their last CD was really killer, too.
Old 02-05-08, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haven't really kept up with their more recent stuff over the years, but loved them in their prime. On the real early stuff, especially songs like "Long Stick Goes Boom", they sounded like Sweden's answer to AC/DC.
Old 02-05-08, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That clip sounded great loved these guys back in the 80's still love them today, man if AC/DC ever needed to replace Brian Johnson (which i hope they never have do) what a perfect fit in Marc Storace...
Old 02-06-08, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
I liked Headhunter, but after that I really haven't heard anything else from them. I heard The Blitz kicked ass also but I never got around to trying it out.
Old 02-07-08, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i saw them live on that tour with the 'Screaming In The Night' song...

they were warming up for someone... i forget who...
Old 02-07-08, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Wow, he does sound good.

I really liked Headhunter, but lost interest after the silliness of The Blitz. Hope these do a small venue US tour.
Old 02-07-08, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 481 Likes on 353 Posts
One Vice At A Time is the best AC/DC album AC/DC never made.

Well, there are 4 or 5 songs that would fit in on several AC/DC albums from that one - "Long Stick Goes Boom," leading the way. That is a GREAT song - and the album is a killer from start to finish!

Headhunter is another classic, and The Blitz is a good album (but not up to the standards of the previous two). To Rock or Not To Be is a solid, solid reunion album with the One Vice lineup intact, but that didn't last and now it's just Marc Storace and 4 other hired guns (Mandy Meyer among them, and he did have a brief stint in the band a while back).

But, MAN, back in '82 and '83 they were one of the best bands going! (And I've said for years that since Brian Johnson's voice is shot that Angus should just give Marc a call and make some magic!)
Old 02-07-08, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by johnbook
That clip sounded great loved these guys back in the 80's still love them today, man if AC/DC ever needed to replace Brian Johnson (which i hope they never have do) what a perfect fit in Marc Storace...

when Bon died he was in the running, but was counting on Krokus being big. I love Krokus, but in hindsight it was a big mistake.