Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Pat Travers remasters

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Pat Travers remasters

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-08, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Pat Travers remasters

I saw these cd's ( Heat in the Street, Putting it Straight, Makin Magic ) available at Amazon but I heard that these were remasterd horribly. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 01-16-08, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 479 Likes on 351 Posts
I've got Makin' Magic - and there is come clipping in there (minor distortion). It isn't very noticeable - unless you listen for it.

Kind of a bummer - it's a great album, and that's the first time it's been released on CD.
Old 01-17-08, 01:21 PM

So would you suggest that I buy these ? The one you have, was it worth getting or should I wait and see if they ever will be up graded?
Old 01-17-08, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you can get them for a good price, go for it. They don't sound horrible, but like I said if you listen for it you can hear the clipping on occasion, but they're still worth listening to (although I've got the Japanese versions of Heat in the Street and Puttin' it Straight, and those sound great - if you can find them, get those versions).
Old 01-17-08, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And I would hope that someday those will see American releases and get remastered. If the price is right, then for the time being you'll have something to listen to, but if they're over $15, forget it.
Old 01-19-08, 09:46 PM

Well, the average price tag is right about $15. I know these cd's are good because I had them ( Heat in the Street & Putting it Straight ) on album a very long time ago. I just don't want to lose money on a bad produced sounding cd. I may bite at sometime to experiment with this espically if the price would drop for these. But for now, I'll just keep an eye out for something that would carry a cheaper price tag, and then jump on it when it does come cheaper.