Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Musicians you miss the most right now...

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Musicians you miss the most right now...

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-07, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Catherine Wheel

Originally Posted by Hiro11
That band was incredible live. One of the best shows I've ever seen.
Absolutely. I had the fortune of seeing them three times ["Adam and Eve" tour, "Wishville" warm-up, and "Wishville" proper], and all three shows were fantastic. Even better, I was able to sit in on a radio interview/acoustic performance twice, which I rank very highly in musical moments I have witnessed. First acoustic performances of "Wishville" tracks and I was not 5 feet from Rob.

I have a HUGE regret though - a few nights after they played Rochester on the "Wishville" tour, they opened for the Tea Party in Buffalo. I had free tickets, but I didn't go because I was in the process of moving [to Buffalo even] and was exhausted by the time the show came around, and since they were only the opening act and I had no desire to see the Tea Party I stayed in and went to bed. Had I known it would be my last chance ever to see them, I would've dragged my ass there. Oh well.

Originally Posted by Giles
I also miss the fact that I don't think I'll ever see The Bluetones, ... in concert.
I'd love to see them, but considering they've scheduled two US mini-tours in the past 3 or 4 years and cancelled both due to low ticket sales, I doubt it's gonna happen.
Old 07-07-07, 07:52 PM

Jeff Buckley and Elliott Smith were the first two to pop into my head. Kinda suprised to see only a passing mention of Hendrix, cause I'd really be interested in seeing how he aged and especially if the 80s would have been kind to him or a dark period ala Clapton and most 60-70s stars.
Old 07-08-07, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

SRV & Hendrix

I'd have given nearly anything to have had the chance to see either live, and to hear the music they should be making as we speak.
Old 07-08-07, 07:49 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I miss not having new material from Billy Joel for 16 years ...
Old 07-09-07, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by nateman241
Otis Reddding, 'Sitting in the morning sun...' to of my all-time favorite songs, 'Stand By Me' in my opinion the greatest song in history, (Sittin' On) the Dock of the Bay'.
Ben E. King sang Stand By Me.

John Lennon
Biggie
Pac
Original GnR
Layne Staley
Travelling Wilburys
Also Eric B. & Rakim. Rakim's solo efforts were never the same after the split.
Old 07-09-07, 12:49 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
RE: The Bluetones

Originally Posted by brokenhanger

I'd love to see them, but considering they've scheduled two US mini-tours in the past 3 or 4 years and cancelled both due to low ticket sales, I doubt it's gonna happen.
honestly that doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I don't think I've ever heard a song of theirs outside of the UK, how can they really expect ticket sales to happen when the exposure has been lacklustre at best, they are going on their name and genre alone. I mean I played their songs when I had a very brief DJ show at UMD-BC, but other than that... nada.
Old 07-09-07, 08:28 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Michael Bolton ....

Crap. He isnt dead.
Old 07-10-07, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Clash
The Ramones
Stevie Ray Vaughan
The Beatles
Freddie Mercury

Mighty Mighty Bosstones (a real heartbreaker--my fave live band ever)
Sly and the Family Stone