Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Spice Girls Reunion?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Spice Girls Reunion?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-07, 08:41 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
oddly enough that's been my sig for ages, and that's probably the first time its been appropriate!
Old 06-28-07, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now that this is actually here, I can't decide if it's the best or worst idea for a reunion ever.

That said, I'm very curious to see how it develops.
Old 06-28-07, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

How the F did Sporty overtake Geri Halliwell in the "hot" category? I didn't see that one coming.
Old 06-28-07, 03:12 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
You couldn't see past her Trackie !!

She was always not the worst looking.
Old 06-29-07, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="424" height="360" id="dl_flvwidget" align="middle"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.channel.aol.com/aolexd_widgets/aolwidget_9.swf" /><param name="FlashVars" value="settings=90177&pmms=1932378&previewImage=http://www.aolcdn.com/entnews/spiceannounce400&autoPlay=0" /><embed src="http://cdn.channel.aol.com/aolexd_widgets/aolwidget_9.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="424" height="360" name="dl_flvwidget" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" FlashVars="settings=90177&pmms=1932378&previewImage=http://www.aolcdn.com/entnews/spiceannounce400&autoPlay=0" ></embed></object>
Old 07-01-07, 02:43 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Who stole "Scary Spice"?

And Ginger is now a hippy?

And Posh a stick? (OK, I knew Posh was a stick).

If I had a favourite - not a fan of the band - it was always Sporty, although I didn't like her tatoos. She had quite bit of success with her solo album Northern Star.

Apparently it isn't about the money?

They're due to get about £10M each. (Or is that $$$s?)
Old 07-01-07, 03:23 AM

Sporty looks like Chan Marshall / Cat Power, and amazingly is the hottest one out of the 5.
Old 07-01-07, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Don't know what it is but I still think that Emma is the cutest.
Old 07-01-07, 05:37 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Agreed, Emma is smoking. Sporty ain't looking so bad, either.

Don't know what the fuck Geri is doing, but she looks like she just came from the set of Lady In The Water.

I was never a Spice Girls fan, but I was in England when they were huge, and they were so fucking big. Seems the English go for musicians in a way that Americans will never be able to touch. There was something Spice Girls related on literally every street corner in London. It was like they were The Beatles. So while I don't care about their music, I'll always have fond memories of them.

Last edited by Supermallet; 07-01-07 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-01-07, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ugh. Those are fugly women.
Old 07-01-07, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Agreed, Emma is smoking. Sporty ain't looking so bad, either.

Don't know what the fuck Geri is doing, but she looks like she just came from the set of Lady In The Water.

I was never a Spice Girls fan, but I was in England when they were huge, and they were so fucking big. Seems the English go for musicians in a way that Americans will never be able to touch. There was something Spice Girls related on literally every street corner in London. It was like they were The Beatles. So while I don't care about their music, I'll always have fond memories of them.
I was in London too at the height of their career and you just could not get away from them. Like you said, they were everywhere. Displays in windows, signs on buses, on the cover of every magazine, every store you went in was playing them. It was insane. I've never seen anything like it.
Old 07-01-07, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I always did like the Spice Girls when they were around, even though that put me in the minority of most everyone I knew. Hell, I even liked all the Mel C. solo albums. I'm looking forward to the reunion, just hope it doesn't suck.
Old 07-05-07, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Good news!

Prince Harry has dismissed reports he's bitter the Spice Girls' reunion didn't happen in time for his Concert for Diana.

The girl group's November 1997 gig in South Africa marked the first time Harry, then 13, appeared in public since his mum's funeral in 1997 - and he's made no secret of his admiration for the group since.

Rumours surfaced earlier this year the band would stage a comeback at Sunday's charity gig in memory of the late Diana, Princess of Wales, but last week the five-piece declared their first dates wouldn't be until December.

However, Harry has denied feeling snubbed by the announcement, insisting he's just delighted they've reunited at all.

He says, "I think it's absolutely fantastic they've gotten back together."

The Spice Girls' reunion will see the group release a greatest hits compilation and embark on an 11-date tour taking in London, New York, Las Vegas, Hong Kong, Sydney, Madrid, Cologne and Beijing.
Old 07-05-07, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Spice Girls at war?

11:10AM Monday July 02, 2007
We all knew it was too good to be true.

In fighting and rivalry played a part in the band's downfall, and now it looks like the Spice Girls' long-awaited comeback could be the shortest in music history.

They announced their return to the pop fray last week, amidst a blaze of publicity and good intentions, but if insider reports are to believed, things are far from harmonious in the Spice Girls camp.

Revelations in British newspaper News of the World reveal that bosses are so afraid that one of the girls will pull out of the forthcoming world tour, they are keeping the band members apart as much as possible.

Sources close to the team that masterminded the comeback plans reveal that the girls are insistent that the reunion is short-term - because in reality they can't stand each other.

The source said: "There are too many egos for them to last more than a tour together.

"On the outside the girls are pals and everything is fantastic.

"But behind the scenes the Spice Girls' wars have started again - and the egos have landed."

The newspaper also has a worker on the forthcoming tour stating that:

* Posh is fed up of Geri hogging the limelight;

* Scary is getting on everyone's nerves with her odd behaviour and lousy time-keeping;

* Ginger is on a mission to turn the reunion into a one-woman show;

* Baby is being accused of not showing her support for the reunion;

* Sporty needs time alone before she conducts interviews with her bandmates.

The source adds: "Away from the cameras they are niggling away at each other and all vowing to be top dog. They had pledged to be calmer and collected but it is turning into an ego fest."

Singer Mel B is said to have kick-started the animosity by refusing to meet the girls for a meeting to discuss the reunion announcement.

The following day, Mel C infuriated the other girls by turning up 90 minutes late for a planned meeting.

"It was as if she was giving a two-fingered salute to the others. She was also acting crazy, spouting all sorts of stuff, and desperate to show off. It was like, 'Listen everyone, I'm the craziest person here," added the insider.

Reunion or not, it looks as though the girls are in for a bumpy ride.

As well as a world tour in December and January, the Spice Girls are filming a revealing fly-on-the-wall documentary, which promises to life the lid on the "highs and lows of life as a Spice Girl."

We can't wait.
Old 07-05-07, 12:16 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
Spice Girls at war?
FWIW News of the Screws is not the most reliable of newspapers. And if it is to be taken at face value, the [second-hand?] article quoted also appears to be confusing the two Mels.
Old 07-06-07, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good question. Will anyone really care now? Their girl fans are grown up now.
Old 10-04-07, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Apparently they sent out pre-sale passwords for ticketmaster a few days ago (email dated 10.1) and I can still get seats 1st level off the floor, row G, look like good seats. Not selling as well as they had hoped?
Old 10-04-07, 01:29 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Apparently they sent out pre-sale passwords for ticketmaster a few days ago (email dated 10.1) and I can still get seats 1st level off the floor, row G, look like good seats. Not selling as well as they had hoped?
how much is the tix price?
Old 10-04-07, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giles
how much is the tix price?
This says price level 1:

Ticket Price
US $133.25 x 2

Convenience Charge
US $15.35 x 2
Old 10-04-07, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I saw an ad in the LA Times today that showed 2 shows at Staples SOLD OUT! I never would have guessed they could sell out Staples once much less twice. But now when I look there's seats avaliable. Why would they say sold out in the ad?
Old 10-04-07, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's marketing.

Counting in American markets only -- San Jose, Vancouver, Vegas, Los Angeles, etc. -- most of them had the online presale sell out of tickets over the course of a few days. This is why Los Angeles and Vegas had two shows added on.

The rest of the tickets go on sale at 12pm on Saturday, which is when I'm buying my tickets for Vegas. If I can't buy them, oh well, I'll buy scalped tickets day of.
Old 10-04-07, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

the show I was looking at is for vegas, let me know if you want the code
Old 10-04-07, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

the show I was looking at is for vegas, let me know if you want the code
Oh, I have the code, which day were you looking at? The other day I couldn't purchase any as Shitmaster said they were all sold out. Doesn't help matters much I can't buy the tickets until payday tomorrow.
Old 10-04-07, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

sunday 12/9 is what I was looking at. I guess the saturday show is sold out of presale tickets but sunday isn't.