Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Pre-order album, get Ticketmaster Code?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-07, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is for the new Smashing Pumpkins CD:

The Smashing Pumpkins
Get The Smashing Pumpkins brand new album and early access to concert tickets.

Pre-order The Smashing Pumpkins new album Zeitgeist from iTunes and you’ll receive a unique password to purchase concert tickets to see them live on Ticketmaster.com before the general public!
[snip]
Specific venues and show dates eligible for this promotion will be announced in the coming weeks.

What do you guys think? I will be buying the CD in store anyway (potentially multiple copies, as there are supposed to be 3 retailer exclusive versions with exclusive b-sides, a deluxe edition with booklet, and a vinyl version). Don't they occasionally give these ticketmaster codes out with physical copies of the CD? Seems like I have seen that in Best Buy flyers before.

I know that TM pre-sales are typically a scam, but I don't want to miss out. I also think it's lame that they are offering this with no tour itinerary.

This is obviously a scam to rip off loyal fans. What do you guys think?
Old 06-20-07, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Seems like a cool thing to do to me. If you don't want to preord, I would just register on their official site, you'll prob get the code that way too I imagine.

I'll preorder just to be sure I get it, although I do think it's lame you don't know where they're touring yet.
Old 06-20-07, 01:16 PM

I've never seen best buy do a cd edition with a ticketmaster pre-order code... but I've seen it a LOT with Target... (janet jackson for a tour that never happened, the killers, norah jones, etc)
Old 06-20-07, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Just for the record, I got better tickets to Muse at the general sale than either presale.