Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Black Sabbath... er Heaven and Hell to tour North America with [various artists]

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Black Sabbath... er Heaven and Hell to tour North America with [various artists]

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-07, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 483 Likes on 354 Posts
Anyone else see the tour?
Old 05-05-07, 05:37 PM
Premium Member

Received 708 Likes on 469 Posts
Originally Posted by B5Erik
Anyone else see the tour?
I'm going Tuesday in Cincy.
Old 05-07-07, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife and I caught the show in L.A. We only caught one song from Machine Head which was Davidians- good stuff! Megadeth surprised us by being so good. I know it's just Mustaine left from the old days but he still has it. Heaven and Hell was on! Dio is amazing! They rocked the place. We were very happy with the show. Got us in the mood to catch some more hard rock and metal shows this summer.
Old 05-13-07, 12:41 AM
Premium Member

Received 708 Likes on 469 Posts
Originally Posted by The Cow
I'm going Tuesday in Cincy.
Good show!

Dave Mustaine was pretty much as expected. Nothing flashy. I'm not a big fan of Drover at this point. He almost seemed like he was trying catch up to Dave on a lot of the songs. Still good stuff.

Black Sabbath, yup, really good! I'd seen the "featuring Toni Iommi" version back in the 80s, but this was not even close. Everyone was on and tight. It's amazing how full of a sound they get.

Not sure if this happened at many shows, but a lot of bras were thrown on stage during Neon Knights. It seemed kinda out of place to me for them, but Dio had a good time with it. He changed up the lyrics a bit and went with "Neon Tits" a few times.
Old 05-13-07, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 244 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by The Cow
Black Sabbath, yup, really good! I'd seen the "featuring Toni Iommi" version back in the 80s, but this was not even close. Everyone was on and tight. It's amazing how full of a sound they get.
I saw that tour as well, and the only thing I remember from it was how good Eric Singer was. Looking forward to H&H, but not expecting it to come anywhere close to me.
Old 05-15-07, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to the Minneapolis show.
It was a great concert, although I detest the Target Center. The acoustics are fricking terrible. Thankfully, we had floor tickets, so the usual slap-back echo that plagues some of the seating areas was not noticable.

In all my years of going to metal shows, I'd never managed to get to see Megadeth, so that was a nice treat. Machine Head was great, but they pretty much always kick ass live. The main issue was that it totally wasn't their crowd. Nobody's going to do the mosh pit thing at this show, man......just let it go...

Anyway, H&H was incredible. The sound system was pretty much perfect, and everybody seemed totally on top of their game.
Old 05-17-07, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jason
I saw that tour as well, and the only thing I remember from it was how good Eric Singer was.
Eric Singer is a freaking MONSTER on the drums!

I've got to say, though - Vinnie Appice is a great drummer as well, and he was his usual great self on this tour!

Hell, the whole band was great - I would definitely pay to see them again if they toured behind a whole new album!
Old 10-27-07, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they played here in Singapore on October 27th. Megadeth played the night before in what they call a Heavy Metal Weekend over here in Singapore it was really a divine experience - pure Heaven!
Old 10-28-07, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

New album discussion:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=515558

(It is very good news, though...)