DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Black Sabbath... er Heaven and Hell to tour North America with [various artists] (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/489313-black-sabbath-er-heaven-hell-tour-north-america-%5Bvarious-artists%5D.html)

cactusoly 01-11-07 09:41 PM

Black Sabbath... er Heaven and Hell to tour North America with [various artists]

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=65121[/url]

I just about crapped myself when I saw this, Montreal here I come

porieux 01-11-07 11:27 PM

Wait, Geezer and Iommi are onboard? Why aren't they just calling it Black Sabbath??

cdollaz 01-11-07 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by porieux
Wait, Geezer and Iommi are onboard? Why aren't they just calling it Black Sabbath??

I'm sure it has something to do with Ozzy's bitch.

paulringodaman 01-11-07 11:53 PM

ive seen black sabbath with all the original members so im good!!!

porieux 01-11-07 11:56 PM

The early Sabbath albums with Ozzy are the best, but I bet the live show in 2007 will be better with Dio than with Ozzy. He's pretty much lost it.

porieux 01-11-07 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by cdollaz
I'm sure it has something to do with Ozzy's bitch.

But they obviously have the right to the name, since they've used it all along.
Not that I disagree, she's def a biatch.

The Cow 01-12-07 12:02 AM

Here's the previous thread talking about the "reunion"

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=478972

kmcrowl 01-12-07 08:58 AM

Cant wait for this show. Last time Dio/Black Sabbath toured they skipped KC. Had to go to Neb. to see them. This is shaping up to be a great winter for shows. Saw In Flames-Lacuna Coil last month. Slayer, Lamb Of God and Shadows Fall shows coming up!

covenant 01-12-07 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by paulringodaman
ive seen black sabbath with all the original members so im good!!!

So have I, but you'd be missing some of their arguably best album material.

dvduser6 01-12-07 11:55 AM

It would be great to have the second half of their live set be "The Mob Rules" in its entirety. I would definitely be in the audience for that experience.

cdollaz 01-12-07 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jippy
It would be great to have the second half of their live set be "The Mob Rules" in its entirety. I would definitely be in the audience for that experience.

Yes. I would love to hear Falling Off The Edge Of The World.

B5Erik 01-12-07 11:41 PM

Dio is the man!

For me, Black Sabbath is Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Ronnie James Dio, and Vinnie Appice!

Better songs, better performances, better band!

turborobb 01-17-07 03:21 AM

I love Ozzy but Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules are two of the greatest metal albums of all times. Anything Dio does rocks. I can't wait to see them... no matter what name they have it's still Black Sabbath to me.

Also Headless Cross with Tony Martin singing was an awesome Sabbath album.

dvdsteve2000 01-17-07 07:18 PM

I heard a radio interview with Ronnie James Dio & he said Motorhead wouldn't be touring with them, Megadeth is replacing them.

zombiezilla 01-17-07 08:22 PM

MANNNNN that sucks about Motorhead!!!

porieux 01-18-07 12:53 AM

Bummer. Megadeth bit the big one a long time ago. Motorhead are so much better.

Ozzy's Bat Head 01-18-07 03:42 AM

Hold Up; Megadeth's last album was amazing! Let's not be so quick to sweep our old heroes off the porch.

Down has been one of my fave's since NOLA back in 96, I'm hoping Phil sticks with this project. This is going to be a great tour; looks like I'm heading to Vancouver in March.

Ozzy's Bat Head 01-18-07 03:43 AM

Hold Up; Megadeth's last album was amazing! Let's not be so quick to sweep our old heroes off the porch.

Down has been one of my fave's since NOLA back in 96, I'm hoping Phil sticks with this project. This is going to be a great tour; looks like I'm heading to Vancouver in March.

zombiezilla 01-18-07 05:24 AM

Megadeth are fine, it's just that they are often on tour here compared to Motorhead, who definitely deserve a little more popularity here.

porieux 01-18-07 05:41 AM

Well IMO Megadeth were never all that. Matter of opinion right?
But Mustaine is a born again xtian now...yippeee!

zombiezilla 01-18-07 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by porieux
Mustaine is a born again xtian now...yippeee!

NO F'N WAY...really? Or are you j/k?

The Cow 01-18-07 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by zombiezilla
NO F'N WAY...really? Or are you j/k?

He's serious. That happened a coupla years ago.

cactusoly 01-23-07 10:58 AM

its now official, and yes Megadeth replaces Motorhead. (I like em both but would rather have Motorhead) getting my tix tomorrow

zombiezilla 01-23-07 08:10 PM

Well, now it will depend on how much tix are....or if I can score some freebies. If Motorhead was on the bill, though, I'd have bought the best seats I could've.

porieux 01-23-07 08:59 PM

Was any reason given for the downgraded lineup?