Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

U2: "Zoo TV Live From Sydney" -September 2006

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

U2: "Zoo TV Live From Sydney" -September 2006

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-06, 04:28 AM

Location: Stuck in traffic on the 5 fwy somewhere in Los Angeles
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Decker
Circuit City : 2-disc set $15.99 (unadvertised price via website)
Does anybody know if Circuit City will honor this web price, just in-case the in store price happens to be different?
Old 09-19-06, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes Circuit city will honor the web price, it is the same in store. Just get whoever you pricematch to contact Circuit City. I just pricematched at BB.
Old 09-19-06, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I just got the Deluxe for $9.99 at CC. That is the only version they had on the shelves and when I took it up to the counter, it rang at $15.99. I showed them the ad and he marked it down to $9.99.

The Deluxe packaging is crappy with the booklet. The booklet inside is glued to the packaging and the staples on the edge have already started to come loose.
Old 09-19-06, 01:49 PM

Just returned from the CC Southlake, Texas store and they had 3 copies of the 2-Disc set for $15.99 each. Snagged one right away! Thanks, OP!
Old 09-19-06, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by cdollaz
I just got the Deluxe for $9.99 at CC. That is the only version they had on the shelves and when I took it up to the counter, it rang at $15.99. I showed them the ad and he marked it down to $9.99.
Wow, very impressive your mother must be so proud of you. Then again the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I'm sure she taught you everything you know.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for price errors BUT to knowingly con someone (corporation or otherwise) is seriously criminal. You have the balls to brag about this!?! How do you live with yourself? I have only one word for you cdollaz: karma. One day it will return in spades, the sad thing about it is you won't even know why.
Old 09-19-06, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hal9000
Wow, very impressive your mother must be so proud of you. Then again the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I'm sure she taught you everything you know.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for price errors BUT to knowingly con someone (corporation or otherwise) is seriously criminal. You have the balls to brag about this!?! How do you live with yourself? I have only one word for you cdollaz: karma. One day it will return in spades, the sad thing about it is you won't even know why.
Ever consider that since the ad makes no mention of which version is $9.99, and that is the only version they had in stock, they honored that price? So in the future, mind your own fucking business.

Last edited by cdollaz; 09-19-06 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-19-06, 03:15 PM

Ever consider that since the ad makes no mention of which version is $9.99, and that is the only version they had in stock, they honored that price? So in the future, mind your own fucking business.
Justify it all you want (it's common for criminals to do this) you knew what you were doing.

I'll mind my own business when you stop posting about your dumb-ass thievery.
Old 09-19-06, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Justify it all you want (it's common for criminals to do this) you knew what you were doing.

I'll mind my own business when you stop posting about your dumb-ass thievery.
All this from someone who admits to knowingly take advantage of price errors they know to be a mistake. Nice hipocrisy. Like I said, they were willing to substitute as it was the only version in stock. What is your excuse for knowingly screwing a company because of a price error, genius?
Old 09-19-06, 04:11 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
$15.99 here, as well--fuckin' A.

I guess, thanks to DVDTalk, sometimes everything you know isn't wrong!
Old 09-19-06, 06:56 PM

All this from someone who admits to knowingly take advantage of price errors they know to be a mistake. Nice hipocrisy. Like I said, they were willing to substitute as it was the only version in stock. What is your excuse for knowingly screwing a company because of a price error, genius?
First off, I never said I took advantage of price errors, I said I was all for them (one that rings up wrong vs. what you did) there is a difference genius... btw=hypocrisy!?! LMAO, I'm sure Bono would be pleased to know how a "supposed fan" got over on "the man" by ripping off not only the retailer but U2 and their record label as well. I'm sure he'd have the utmost respect for you. More power to you!

Second, "they" only "willingly" made the price change after you shoved the ad in there face, clearly a deception on your part. This is something I would never think of doing myself but then again one mans wrong is another mans right... I guess. Deal with it, you knew what you were doing and you just can't admit that what you did was wrong.

In the future you might be better off keeping your crimes to yourself.
Old 09-19-06, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

First off, I never said I took advantage of price errors, I said I was all for them (one that rings up wrong vs. what you did) there is a difference genius... btw=hypocrisy!?! LMAO, I'm sure Bono would be pleased to know how a "supposed fan" got over on "the man" by ripping off not only the retailer but U2 and their record label as well. I'm sure he'd have the utmost respect for you. More power to you!

Second, "they" only "willingly" made the price change after you shoved the ad in there face, clearly a deception on your part. This is something I would never think of doing myself but then again one mans wrong is another mans right... I guess. Deal with it, you knew what you were doing and you just can't admit that what you did was wrong.

In the future you might be better off keeping your crimes to yourself.
You might want to check your own spelling before criticizing others' spelling.

In the future, why don't you not respond to my posts anymore, or piss off and die. Either is fine with me.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Last edited by cdollaz; 09-19-06 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-19-06, 07:31 PM

You might want to check your own spelling before criticizing others' spelling.

In the future, why don't you not respond to my posts anymore, or piss off and die. Either is fine with me. You are now ignored.
So you do have a conscience after all... first sign of guilt is to completely ignore the truth. Wait a sec I take that all back, telling someone to die, nice.

BTW, I wasn't the one that posted how proud I was of ripping off one of my favorite bands, that my friend was all you.

Good luck in the future. Karma, it's a bitch.
Old 09-19-06, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
yep $15.99 is the in store price. Got 2 of them [for me & my aunt], was looking for 3 [for her friend] so I orderd that one from the site.
Old 09-19-06, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
also watched it today. Finally someone else gets a 5.1 mix correctly. Sounded great, looked good. I just didn't like some of the camera shots and putting the fucking screen words over the performance itself was fucking stupid. And the bonus disc ain't that great, but oh well I do like the deluxe packaging over the single disc one.
Old 09-19-06, 09:05 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Well, here's the pisser...it's fuckin' impossible to find the Easter Eggs (one of them, the awesome ...AND A WHOLE LOT OF INTERFERENCE FROM ZOO TV documentary, allegedly) through conventional means (trying both DVD player and DVD-ROM). You must have to be a computer hacker to break this (achtung) baby!
Old 09-20-06, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Picking this up tonight.
Now bring on Under a Blood Red Sky! ! !
Old 09-20-06, 08:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by uteotw
Now bring on Under a Blood Red Sky! ! !
...and THE BEST OF 1980-1990: THE VIDEOS...and POPMART, LIVE FROM MEXICO CITY...
Old 09-20-06, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 209 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by Filmmaker
...and POPMART, LIVE FROM MEXICO CITY...
I did a stellar SVHS master to DVDr a while back from the Showtime Special. Has a hair difference in editing, but is an all around great DVDr
Old 09-20-06, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Filmmaker
Well, here's the pisser...it's fuckin' impossible to find the Easter Eggs (one of them, the awesome ...AND A WHOLE LOT OF INTERFERENCE FROM ZOO TV documentary, allegedly) through conventional means (trying both DVD player and DVD-ROM). You must have to be a computer hacker to break this (achtung) baby!
The easter eggs on "Zoo TV" are needlessly complicated to get to, like the DVD is a video game or something.

Here are the amazingly convoluted instructions for getting to "Interference":

On Disc 2, go to the Documentaries menu. You have to watch all of the documentaries to get to the egg. Press Play All, and fast-forward through the docs if you want to. When they're over, you have a little more than a minute of FBI warnings, corporate logos and credits to sit through. Then the DVD returns to the Documentaries menu, with the arrow in the bottom right corner of the screen highlighted to take you back to the main menu. Don't press it! Press the down arrow on your remote to cycle through the menu choices until the cursor is at Subtitles (use the down arrow --- don't be tempted to go up). Press the down arrow one more time (the cursor won't move off of Subtitles). Then press the left arrow to highlight an icon on the commentator's tie. Press enter.

There, that was a pain in the ass, wasn't it?
Old 09-21-06, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Chrisedge
I did a stellar SVHS master to DVDr a while back from the Showtime Special. Has a hair difference in editing, but is an all around great DVDr
Have you put it on any of the torrent sites? It shouldn't be against the rules, now that the VHS is out of print. I hope you can make it available , everything I have ever downloaded that you provided has been steller.

I have a feeling this won't see the light of the day again.
Old 09-21-06, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
I picked up the single-disc version from CC for $9.99. The sound and picture quality are excellent and it's a great set list. However, the flashing of the words and numbers across the whole screen is INCREDIBLY annoying. I just want to watch the concert as it was presented, without junk added in to try forcefeed the "ZooTV" experience (if that's what they were trying to do).
Old 09-21-06, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by uteotw
I picked up the single-disc version from CC for $9.99. The sound and picture quality are excellent and it's a great set list. However, the flashing of the words and numbers across the whole screen is INCREDIBLY annoying. I just want to watch the concert as it was presented, without junk added in to try forcefeed the "ZooTV" experience (if that's what they were trying to do).
It is slightly annoying, but it was that way on the original and I guess they didn't feel the need to remove it. Oh well, its still an incredible DVD. I watched about half of it the first night and will finish it this weekend.
Old 09-21-06, 04:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
Yes, indeed, but you have no idea how much I love you (in a platonic way...well, maybe even beyond, gulp) for posting this!

According to http://www.u2tour.de/specials/dvd_zo..._review_EN.php, there are two more Easter Eggs:

"There are three Easter Eggs on the promo DVD (unfortunately we don’t know yet how to access them from a normal DVD player). So far we know two points in the menus where one can access a further menu (‘abort’). One of the Easter Eggs is the 24-minute documentary about U2’s history, as originally featured on the 'Achtung Baby - The Videos, the cameos and a whole lot of interference from ZOO TV' video release under the name 'Interference'. Another Easter Egg is a video (1:15) with pictures about nuclear weapons and war. More interesting is the third video (4:16) showing a sped-up version of the setting up and taking down of the ZooTV indoor stage."

Any clue one how to find those? The two Abort menus mentioned above seems to be useless, but I have a feeling they're the key.

Last edited by Filmmaker; 09-21-06 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-21-06, 05:29 PM
MGR

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
The easter eggs on "Zoo TV" are needlessly complicated to get to, like the DVD is a video game or something.

Here are the amazingly convoluted instructions for getting to "Interference":

On Disc 2, go to the Documentaries menu. You have to watch all of the documentaries to get to the egg. Press Play All, and fast-forward through the docs if you want to. When they're over, you have a little more than a minute of FBI warnings, corporate logos and credits to sit through. Then the DVD returns to the Documentaries menu, with the arrow in the bottom right corner of the screen highlighted to take you back to the main menu. Don't press it! Press the down arrow on your remote to cycle through the menu choices until the cursor is at Subtitles (use the down arrow --- don't be tempted to go up). Press the down arrow one more time (the cursor won't move off of Subtitles). Then press the left arrow to highlight an icon on the commentator's tie. Press enter.

You gotta be kidding, right? Why not add to the instructions something like you've got to be hopping on one foot while you're going thru all that

Why do those idiots make these decisions even to hide great features as easter eggs, let alone force people to go through all that malarkey? Why why why?
Sheesh (end of rant)
Old 09-21-06, 07:36 PM

Here is a easy solution to finding easter eggs on almost any dvd, almost. I've "tested" this method with various DVD's on 4 different brand name DVD players. Using the program button on the DVD remote you can usually always find the "eggs" at high end of the "chapter" or "title" numbers. So lets say for example the bonus disc for Zoo TV has 10 "titles" well the eggs have to be hidden amongst the 10 somewhere.

Here is what I found:

Egg #1. Time-lapsed Zoo TV stage set-up, band performance and stage tear down located by selecting title 4.

Egg #2. "Abort" video located be selecting title 8.

Egg #3. ...And A Whole Lot Of Interference From Zoo TV documentary located by selecting title 9.

*after selecting a title press "play"

This beats having to stand on your head and clicking at just the right moment to access eggs. Try it on some of your other DVD's that you know have easter eggs.

Have fun!

Last edited by hal9000; 09-21-06 at 07:39 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.