Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Depeche Mode back catalogue to be released in surround sound

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Depeche Mode back catalogue to be released in surround sound

Old 04-26-06, 02:06 PM
  #26  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: A National Park
Posts: 4,964
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw these on Best Buys site but theyre prordered for like $25? This is fucking insane. I love DM but if the Bsides are only on the DVD, than this aint really worth my time or money. Illl stick with my regular shit and BSides CD.
Old 04-26-06, 02:19 PM
  #27  
Moderator
 
Giles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 33,630
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Ravenous
I saw these on Best Buys site but theyre prordered for like $25? This is fucking insane. I love DM but if the Bsides are only on the DVD, than this aint really worth my time or money. Illl stick with my regular shit and BSides CD.

and if you can't playback the DVD side in 5.1 Dolby Digital or DTS - it isn't worth your time or money either...

Originally Posted by sherm42
each disc also has a short film at little over a half hour - this is exclusive to the DVD as well.

Last edited by Giles; 04-26-06 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-26-06, 10:47 PM
  #28  
Moderator
 
Giles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 33,630
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Having now watched all three short films I'd have to say I whole heartedly recommend viewing and owning these for those still on the fence as to buy these new editions of the albums - again though, the surround sound mixes are the icing on the cake here.
Old 04-28-06, 09:32 AM
  #29  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Relocated to Bot-Hell
Posts: 11,830
Received 241 Likes on 177 Posts
Ordered mine from CDWow and got shipping confirmation yesterday. Looking forward to these!
Old 04-28-06, 06:23 PM
  #30  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 11,325
Received 294 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by Giles
Having now watched all three short films I'd have to say I whole heartedly recommend viewing and owning these for those still on the fence as to buy these new editions of the albums - again though, the surround sound mixes are the icing on the cake here.
Indeed they are. People (fans), it's worth purchasing a system to play these. More and more albums are being done this way. Not just DM. I'm telling you, these remastered albums in surround sound bring a whole new life (no pun) to them. Just amazing. Worth every cent.
Old 06-21-06, 04:13 PM
  #31  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 7,741
Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
From Home, a Depeche Mode fansite:

"HOME are delighted to be able to announce the next batch of remastered Depeche Mode albums. Ultra, Some Great Reward and A Broken Frame will, along side both the studio and live versions of Songs Of Faith & Devotion, hit stores across Europe in early September."

Also, this thread and this one should probably be merged. They're both talking about the exact same thing.

I'll probably purchase the imports of all 4 of the studio albums when they're released. I'm not as excited about Songs of Faith and Devotion Live, so it's just a "maybe."
Old 06-21-06, 04:40 PM
  #32  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Boise
Posts: 3,371
Likes: 0
Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
Not too bad. I was really hoping for Black Celebration to be on the next list.

Not a big fan of A Broken Frame, I'll skip that, but pick up the other three. (Live SOFD will not be purchased)
Old 06-23-06, 08:42 PM
  #33  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 11,325
Received 294 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by GoVegan
From Home, a Depeche Mode fansite:

"HOME are delighted to be able to announce the next batch of remastered Depeche Mode albums. Ultra, Some Great Reward and A Broken Frame will, along side both the studio and live versions of Songs Of Faith & Devotion, hit stores across Europe in early September."

Also, this thread and this one should probably be merged. They're both talking about the exact same thing.

I'll probably purchase the imports of all 4 of the studio albums when they're released. I'm not as excited about Songs of Faith and Devotion Live, so it's just a "maybe."
Hi, I'm one of the Moderators on "Home" (the DM website). Nice to see it mentioned on other sites. Like you, I will not be picking of the "SOFAD" live album. It's not a great release. I'm especially looking forward to "Ultra" in the next batch of remastered albums.

For those who don't know, "Touring The Angel" will be released on DVD this September". And "The Best of Depeche Mode" on CD after that (in the Fall).

Rob
Old 08-31-06, 04:24 PM
  #34  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Boise
Posts: 3,371
Likes: 0
Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
Bump. Depeche has updated their remaster's site to list the extras of the new discs as well as the release dates.

October 2nd in the UK and October 3rd in the US.

It appears that Ultra is not part of the new batch coming in the next wave. That space says "coming in 2007". Just "Broken Frame", "Some Great Reward", and "Songs of Faith and Devotion." Also, no SACD again for US.

http://remasters.depechemode.com/
Old 08-31-06, 09:28 PM
  #35  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 11,325
Received 294 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by sherm42
Bump. Depeche has updated their remaster's site to list the extras of the new discs as well as the release dates.

October 2nd in the UK and October 3rd in the US.

It appears that Ultra is not part of the new batch coming in the next wave. That space says "coming in 2007". Just "Broken Frame", "Some Great Reward", and "Songs of Faith and Devotion." Also, no SACD again for US.

http://remasters.depechemode.com/

Yeah, I'll believe that US October 3rd release date when I see it. Remember the first three remastered albums?
Old 10-14-06, 10:39 AM
  #36  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Boise
Posts: 3,371
Likes: 0
Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
Anyone else get these yet?

Some Great Reward sounds amazing. SOFD didn't really need a remaster as much, but it still sound great. Haven't got A Broken Frame yet.

The doc on SOFD was pretty good. They don't hold back as they go into Dave's drug problem and the issues with the band during the making of the album. Great stuff.

I cannot wait for a remastered Black Celebration and Ultra.
Old 10-14-06, 05:16 PM
  #37  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 74
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sherm42
Anyone else get these yet?

Some Great Reward sounds amazing. SOFD didn't really need a remaster as much, but it still sound great. Haven't got A Broken Frame yet.

The doc on SOFD was pretty good. They don't hold back as they go into Dave's drug problem and the issues with the band during the making of the album. Great stuff.

I cannot wait for a remastered Black Celebration and Ultra.
I didn't realize that SOFD was released. I will have to pick that up and look forward to seeing the doc.

I am very anxious to see Black Celebration released!
Old 10-15-06, 04:00 PM
  #38  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Boise
Posts: 3,371
Likes: 0
Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
$19.50 each with no tax and free shipping at http://www.deepdiscountcd.com/
Old 10-15-06, 04:41 PM
  #39  
Banned by request
 
Supermallet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Termite Terrace
Posts: 54,150
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Nice catch! I still need Some Great Reward.
Old 10-15-06, 09:34 PM
  #40  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: A National Park
Posts: 4,964
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn shame they dont have 20% sales.
Old 10-16-06, 08:00 PM
  #41  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 11,325
Received 294 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by sherm42
Anyone else get these yet?

Some Great Reward sounds amazing. SOFD didn't really need a remaster as much, but it still sound great. Haven't got A Broken Frame yet.

The doc on SOFD was pretty good. They don't hold back as they go into Dave's drug problem and the issues with the band during the making of the album. Great stuff.

I cannot wait for a remastered Black Celebration and Ultra.

After the "Playing the Angel" 5.1 knocked my socks off, I picked up only "Violator" and "Music For The Masses" in the first of the remastered albums. I was was so impressed with those too, I sucked it up and bought "Speak and Spell" (my least favorite DM album). Then bought all three of the next remasters ("SOFAD", "Some Great Reward" and "A Broken Frame"). With "Reward" being my favorite of that lot. I was never a fan of "SOFAD" (still not) but there a few tracks in 5.1 that are pretty spectacular. Suprisingly, "A Broken Frame" sounds pretty damn good too. Funny documentary as well. Yes, bring on "Black Celebration". The most anticpated by most fans. Because the original is horribly dated. Still a great great album. Just in need of a face lift. I'm also looking forward to the remastered "Ultra".
Old 02-10-07, 05:43 PM
  #42  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NY
Posts: 130
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the US versions have the CD remastered or only the dvd audio? The older cd's pre-Ultra need serious remastering
Old 02-10-07, 06:44 PM
  #43  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Boise
Posts: 3,371
Likes: 0
Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
The CD audio on all of them have been remastered. They sound awesome.
Old 02-10-07, 09:48 PM
  #44  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 7,741
Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
If anyone is still looking to pick any of these up, Yourmusic.com is selling four of them at the moment. SOFAD, A Broken Frame and Some Great Reward are $7 and Violator is $14. That's a great deal if you're looking for the US versions.
Old 02-12-07, 10:02 AM
  #45  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Relocated to Bot-Hell
Posts: 11,830
Received 241 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by GoVegan
If anyone is still looking to pick any of these up, Yourmusic.com is selling four of them at the moment. SOFAD, A Broken Frame and Some Great Reward are $7 and Violator is $14. That's a great deal if you're looking for the US versions.
That is a great deal. I've never ordered from Yourmusic.com before, are these orginals?
Old 02-22-07, 08:19 PM
  #46  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Boise
Posts: 3,371
Likes: 0
Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
Looks like the last four have street dates in the UK, but not in the US yet.

The DM website shows Construction Time Again and Black Celebration coming on March 26, 2007.

It also shows Ultra and Exciter as coming April 30, 2007.


Love the title of the Documentary on the Black Celebration disc:

"The songs aren't good enough, there aren't any singles and it'll never get played on the radio"

Last edited by sherm42; 02-22-07 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-04-07, 05:44 PM
  #47  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Boise
Posts: 3,371
Likes: 0
Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
It's confirmed that Construction Time Again and Black Celebration are to be released March 20, 2007 in the US.
Old 03-04-07, 11:01 PM
  #48  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
dvduser6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,675
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sherm42
It's confirmed that Construction Time Again and Black Celebration are to be released March 20, 2007 in the US.
Loved the resissues so far. Really waiting for Black Celebration and Ultra.
Old 03-20-07, 03:24 PM
  #49  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 11,325
Received 294 Likes on 214 Posts
Just a reminder that the remastered "Construction Time Again" and "Black Celebration" are out today (3/20). Listening to the latter in DTS 5.1.....fucking hell! It's like a new experience. And the bass is KILLER!
Old 03-20-07, 03:39 PM
  #50  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 11,325
Received 294 Likes on 214 Posts
OK....."New Dress" is off the hook!!! Absolutely amazing. You hear instruments, sound effects, vocals and bass you never heard before. Wow wow wow.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.