Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

any buckethead fans?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

any buckethead fans?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-04, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any buckethead fans?

rather than hijack this 2 year old thread i'll just start my own.

I had heard of buckethead as this guitar virtuoso who was a bit odd, but I certainly wasn't expecting to really really like his stuff. I've been listening to "Bermuda Triangle" and it's very interesting but it sounds more in line with instrumental hip-hop than heavy metal. That's particularly ironic because I've been purposely trying to broaden my horizons beyond DJ records and get back into rock lately

Is "Bermuda Triangle" anything like the rest of his albums, or are they pretty varied? Would anyone recommend any of his other albums in particular?
Old 07-09-04, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

His stuff is a bit eclectic. For the softer side of him, try out "Colma". FOr amazing guitar work and an insight into his wierd imagination, I'd recommend "Monstors and Robots".
Old 07-09-04, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I love the guy, I'd also recommend Monsters and Robots.
Old 07-09-04, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I like the Praxis stuff. Great band. Buckethead, Bootsy Collins, Bernie Worell...can't go wrong there. They put out two albums.
Old 07-10-04, 09:16 PM

Transmutation by Praxis is an excellent album. I saw them at Bonnaroo this year; they were amazing. Later this year (September 21) Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains (basically Praxis -Bill Laswell and +Les Claypool) will be releasing their first album, The Big Eyeball in the Sky. Supposedly one of his best albums is the out of print and very rare Giant Robot NTT (not to be confused with the in print Giant Robot).

Last edited by Sherbz; 07-10-04 at 10:56 PM.