Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Dr. Dre [FINALLY!] starts working on "Detox"

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Dr. Dre [FINALLY!] starts working on "Detox"

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-06, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm starting to lose faith in this. I really wanted Detox to be an album he created with a plan. Not just the beats he had lying around when he found some free time.
Old 12-04-06, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
DRE related:

BISHOP LAMONT NEWS AND MORE // Dec 01, 2006
Bishop Lamont has been hard at work lately. He's been in the studio night and day recording music in preperation for an explosive 2007 for Aftermath. Bishop's debut "The Reformation" is currently scheduled for Summer of next year, with Dr. Dre's "DETOX" following in the Fall.

With some possable changes coming up for The Math as well as the recent signing of Tiffany, Dr. Dre and Bishop Lamont will have thier hands full preparing for a new era of Aftermath and counting down to Bishop and Dre's respective releases!

Bishop will soon be hitting the studio with Chris Martin from Coldplay and some other respected Urban artists. No guest artists have officially been confirmed, but planned sessions with Eminem and 50 Cent are in order. Production on the anticipated LP is expected to come from Dr. Dre, Battlecat, DJ Premier, The RZA, Pete Rock and others.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

BUSTA RHYMES: NEW ALBUM IS COMING // Nov 30, 2006
Busta Rhymes is working on his new album "Before Hell Freezes Over", which features Dr. Dre, Focus, Pharell. Jay Dilla and among others.

AFTERMATHMUSIC.com
Old 12-04-06, 03:08 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gerrythedon
With some possable changes coming up for The Math as well as the recent signing of Tiffany, Dr. Dre and Bishop Lamont will have thier hands full preparing for a new era of Aftermath and counting down to Bishop and Dre's respective releases!
Is this "I Think We're Alone Now" Tiffany???
Old 12-08-06, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

DR. DRE & BISHOP LAMONT VIDEO // Dec 08, 2006
Bishop Lamont plugs his myspace page and makes it official. Dr. Dre's "Detox" is coming in September & Bishop's "The Reformation" coming Summer 2007 also. Visit Bishop Lamont's MySpace website to watch the video! Aftermath 2007 - ain't gonna be nuthin' after that!

Bishop Lamont @ MySpace
Aftermath Music @ MySpace

AFTERMATHMUSIC.com
Old 12-08-06, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who the hell IS "Bishop Lamont"?
Old 12-08-06, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by abrg923
Who the hell IS "Bishop Lamont"?
The next hot shit coming from DRE. A new member from the West Coast.

I think his album is gonna be tight, looking forward to it.
Old 01-18-07, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Detox - September 25th 2007

The video for the first single from Dr. Dre will feature a guest and will be filmed in late May 2007.

The video will premiere on various stations in late June 2007. The album will be released on September 25, 2007, so Dr. Dre's album can be sent in for Grammy nominations.

The album is confirmed to be almost a full 80 minute album featuring guests on basically every track. Eminem and 50 Cent are the only confirmed artist to be featured on the album. It has been confirmed a while back that Diddy and Jay-Z have both done vocals made for Detox, but it is not known if they will make the final cut.

Dre had told Diddy previously that at least one of the two tracks he recorded would be the album. The album is set to be co-produced by Scott Storch who has announced that Snoop Dogg, Lloyd Banks, and Bishop Lamont have also recorded vocals. Other people working on the album "Detox" consist of Mike Elizondo and Dawayn Parker.

STREETHOP.com
Old 01-18-07, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

J.R. ROTEM TO WORK WITH DRE & 50 CENT

[Producer] "J.R." Rotem is in the studio working on highly anticipated projects from Dr. Dre and 50 Cent, among others.

"Dr. Dre's a perfectionist, and if it's not up to his standards, which are pretty much the highest in the game, then he's not releasing it," Rotem tells Billboard. "He changes the sound of music every time he comes out. So though I can't say for sure, I'd like to say it is. Last year he was focusing on Busta Rhymes albums. But 'Detox' is his main focus now."

AFTERMATHMUSIC.com
Old 01-19-07, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
A little off track, but how was that Busta album?
Old 01-20-07, 07:27 PM

he should put out another nwa album. those 2 new nwa songs chin check and hello were awesome.
Old 01-21-07, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll believe Detox is coming out when I hear something from it. Until then, it's another Chinese Democracy or Only Built For Cuban Linx 2.

= J
Old 02-21-07, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dr. Dre promises to Detox this year

... Dre was on Big Boy's Power 106 radio show in Los Angeles to celebrate his birthday (Feburary 18th) and the good doctor got to dissecting plans for his third album; Detox.

"I'm trying to get everybody that I've ever worked with over the years to appear on the records," explained Dre. "There are gonna be some new guys that I'm working with, Bishop Lamont and Slim the Mobster, those two guys I think are incredible, new artists out of the west coast that I'm trying to get out there"

"Trust me, this will be worth the wait, I'm trying to make this the one they remember me for. It's a lot of pressure but I'm feeling good about it. I feel like I'm my worst critic and if I'm loving it, everyone else will," he continued. " I'm tryna put 12, 13 songs on the album. I'm not totally sure about the month but it will be definitely be out this year."

STREETHOP.com
Old 02-22-07, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Better not be 12, 13 tracks with 12, 13 skits in between.

= J
Old 04-10-07, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

BUSTA IMPRESSED BY DR. DRE'S VAULT // Apr 09, 2007

Dr. Dre is planning for his retirement with a vault full of unreleased magic, according to Busta Rhymes.

As the world waits for the reclusive producer's Detox album Busta reveals Dre's biggest problem is deciding which tracks to release from his archive.

"Dre got a big safe with a big combination lock. Unbelievable s**t is in that vault - over 20 years of s**t from Eazy-E and Death Row days. He's created so many things he never put out.

AFTERMATHMUSIC.com
Old 04-21-07, 12:35 AM

Chinese Detocracy
Old 04-30-07, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dr. Dre to Detox late 2007?

According to 50 Cent, Dr. Dre's The Detox will FINALLY see the light of day end of 2007/start of 2008.

Dre has previously stated it would come out late 2007 and consist of 12 or 13 tracks featuring everybody he has ever worked with.

50 Cent stated that he appears on two tracks from the Good Doctors forthcoming, and says they are both single worthy tracks; but if Detox is anything like 2001 was, I'm sure that can be said about most of the tracks on there.

Meanwhile, Hip-Hop has stopped holding its breath; we're sure its coming eventually, but we'd rather just be surprised than count the months (years?) before we get our hands on it.

STREETHOP.com
Old 09-05-07, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

WARREN G ON DETOX // Sep 05, 2007

No one knows when Dr. Dre’s “Detox” LP will be dropping and many don’t even believe it’ll ever happen. However, the infamous album is definitely on the way. Recently, Warren G reunited with Dre and has confirmed to be on the roster for the album.

"I’ve been helping Dr Dre come up with records," G said. "Hey, that’s what I do, that’s what I’ve done since day one when we did The Chronic."

AFTERMATHMUSIC.com
Old 09-21-07, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

DR. DRE SPEAKS ON DETOX AND MORE // Sep 21, 2007

"We go until it happens," Dr. Dre says about all the time he spends in the recording studio searching for hits, once as long as 79 hours in a single stretch. "When the ideas are coming," says the man who is one of the half-dozen most influential producers of the modern pop era, "I don't stop until the ideas stop because that train doesn't come along all the time."

"I was really hoping to have it out this year, but it's going to have to be pushed back a while because of some other things I've got to work on," he continues, sitting in the lounge of the recording studio where he spends all those hours behind the buttons. He's still two or three tracks away from calling it finished, he says.

Some hip-hop fans, however, must be wondering if this particular train isn't off the track. Dre (real name: Andre Young) has been working on his third solo album, "Detox," for nearly eight years, a time frame that invites uncomfortable comparison with such earlier pop music train wrecks as Phil Spector, Brian Wilson and Axl Rose.

All three were fabulously successful artists who found it so hard to live up to their own expectations that they each ran into creative paralysis.

As a producer and head of Aftermath Entertainment, Dre has also contributed to albums by Eminem, 50 Cent, the Game and others. Plus, he has "mixed" tracks -- fine-tuning the musical dynamics -- for more than a dozen other artists, including Gwen Stefani, Eve and Mary J. Blige.

Dre will now devote two months to working on Eminem's new album. "We'll be trying to get his thing done and work on a few things on my own project," Dre says.

AFTERMATHMUSIC.com
Old 09-25-07, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dre looked like he was on steroids at the video music awards. He needs to get out of the gym and into the studio.
Old 06-29-08, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Snoop Dogg Confirms Completion Of Dr. Dre's "Detox"

Hip-hop fans have waited for the new Dr. Dre album, Detox, for years now, and maybe they'll soon get it.

In a recent interview, MTV UK was told by Snoop Dogg that it is complete, and it's coming, and it's incredible.

"That record is real, it's coming," confirmed Snoop. "You know me, I was starting to doubt it myself and then I went up in there and he played so much music for me, it knocked my head off."

Right now, the Long Beach rapper says, Dre is just selecting tracks for the long-awaited album.

"I see what he got them waiting for, it's on and poppin," Snoop Dogg said. "He got records, he got heat."

Also during Snoop's visit to Dre's studio, he got some other good news. He and Dre talked it out, and Dre will be sitting in the driver's seat to help produce Snoop's next solo album.

The Cali rapper says the plans are mapped out. He's even got a title for it, but didn't really give any further information.

In other Snoop news, the rapper is continuing to promote his latest solo album, Ego Trippin'. He recently released a video for his country song, "My Medicine," which featured Snoop dressed in his country threads alongside the likes of Willie Nelson, Julianne Hough, Brad Paisley and others.

Source: BallerStatus.com
Old 06-29-08, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Pffft. I'll believe it when I see it.

= J
Old 06-29-08, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
I feel like I will be the happiest man on the planet if Detox comes out. Been waiting for that shit for like 10 years.
Old 06-30-08, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ha this thread is a riot.

Detox first single Summer 07!

Busta says Detox will be here Christmas 07!

Snoop Dogg says Detox is ready to go Q1 08!

Bishop Lamont will be on Detox coming summer 08!
Old 07-01-08, 05:44 PM

Dr. Dre = Axl Rose
Old 07-06-08, 10:13 AM

it's weird how dr. dre mentored eminem and taught him about producing and stuff and now eminem can't put out a new album either.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.